Join Hosco and view Gaurav's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Experienced hospitality professional with expertise in rooms division, food and beverage operations, vendor relations, profit and loss management, and guest services operations. Proven background in improving operational turnaround. Recognized as an efficient manager and team player who generates significant growth in hotel revenue and effectively motivates personnel to provide superior customer service.
Rooms Division Manager
Radisson Hotel Group - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRooms divisionMarch 2015 - June 2018 · 3 years and 5 months
• Directed customer experience and command strategic operations for 246 - room business hotel, managing 110 employees from Front Office Operations, Housekeeping Operations, The Gym and Spa “Senso”. • Improved top line revenues by a 20% YOY incremental room up-selling program. Reduced costs by 10% through renegotiation of contracts for other operating departments. • Handled the hotels five F&B outlets as part of a cross exposure in the second half of 2017. Successfully improved revenues by 10% by improved menu engineering and cognitive pricing, staff presentation, and social media exposure for all outlets. • Improved YOY revenues at Senso Spa by 20% through market analysis leading to re-engineering the spa menu, and re defining the customer experience. These activities led to the spa being nominated in the FACT awards in 2018. • Radisson Rewards and Gift Card Champion of the hotel. Promoted the hotel brand loyalty scheme through creative internal marketing, innovative redemption options and incentive schemes. • Quality Champion of the hotel. Reviewed and responded to guest feedback received through online channels i.e. Booking.com, Expedia, Google, TripAdvisor, etc. • Responsible for Brand Audits, the implementation and compliance to brand standards of the operational and administrative departments of the entire hotel.
Front Office Manager
Radisson Hotel Group - Brussels, BelgiumRooms divisionSeptember 2008 - February 2015 · 6 years and 6 months
• Appointed as the Assistant Front Office Manager in September 2008 and was promoted to the position of Front Office Manager in May 2011. • Overlooking Front Office Operations managing a team of 34 employees, covering the areas of Reception, One Touch Service, Concierge/Bellmen, Hotel chauffeurs and Valet drivers. • Achieved incremental revenue of 1.2M with a REVPAR impact of 3.5% through upselling in 2012 by successfully implementing new packages and value-added products. • Conceived an inhouse upselling training program, replacing the outsourced consultancy resulting in an annual saving of 18000 USD. • Negotiated pricing with vendors to ensure improved contractual agreements and reduced costs during low occupancies.
Assistant Manager Front Office
Sheraton New Delhi - New Delhi, IndiaRooms divisionSeptember 2006 - August 2008 · 1 year and 12 months
• Oversaw daily office operations for staff of 30 employees. • Efficiently managed the daily airline crew movement of 80 rooms and coordinated airline layovers on multiple occasions to maximize revenues and occupancy. • Practiced “Six Sigma" techniques with the help of "AET"- Area effectiveness teams to analyze daily processes and work towards reducing the possibility of errors. • Monitored the night audit process to check any variances and discrepancies.
Assistant Manager Front Office
The Imperial Hotel - New Delhi, IndiaRooms divisionJuly 2004 - August 2006 · 2 years and 2 months
• Promoted to the position of Assistant Manager Front Office after a year with the hotel. • Top up-seller having won many accolades for achieving highest incremental revenues. • Conducted orientation sessions and organized on-the-job training for new hires.
Front Desk Receptionist
The Oberoi New Delhi - New Delhi, IndiaRooms divisionJune 2002 - June 2004 · 2 years and 1 month
• Managed the reception desk and assisted guests with arrival and departure related formalities. Collected deposits, fees and payments & verified accuracy of financial data during night audits. • Received a recommendation letter from the General Manager for a suite upsell on Rack rate to a walk-in guest in 2003.
Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration (WGSHA)May 1998 - May 2002
HindiNative or fluent100%
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Employee Welfare
- Hotel operations management | F&B operations |
- P&L Management
- Pre opening
- project managment
- Social media manager
- Total quality management
- Vendor Managment