Join Hosco and view Georgios's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Decisive and highly distinguished Senior Professional with a 21-years global career in hotel, travel, cruise and aviation industries, negotiating pricing, terms & conditions with key hospitality suppliers and vendors.
Demonstrated success in executing systematic purchasing approach for food and non-food products in five European countries equipped with an in-depth understanding and vast experience in Global Operations.
A commercially hands on leader with a broad exposure in Pre-Opening Procedures & Licensing, directing and controlling corporate daily operations including F&B, Financial Management, Procurement, Purchasing and MICE operations in Small Luxury Hotels and Cruise.
Group Operations Director
Demetriou Group - Athens, GreeceManagementJanuary 2017 - Now · 1 year and 12 months
•Conceptualizing and transforming a capital city centric business into a national commercial entity through operational restructuring and rolling-out of an innovative Sales & Marketing Strategy that aims to improve profit operating margins from 11 to 32%. •Directing and coaching retail teams with a full responsibility for daily operations, definition, design and execution of the current and future Commercial Strategy, improving gross margin and operating income for our stores network, including customer service. •Leading Third Party Production facilities for Dairy, Frozen and Chilled Food P/L products. Managing operational and expense budgets exceeding €14M, mastering full processes for New Products Development process from conception through launch. •Organizing procurement, purchasing and production operations, including quality assurance procedures according to EU regulations and standards, reviewing weekly demand, logistics and warehousing operations and setting marketing promotions, TV advertisements and designing of pricing policies in order to meet customer needs.
Vero Group - Skopje, Macedonia (FYROM)ManagementSeptember 2013 - December 2016 · 3 years and 4 months
•Produced 21 direct reports with 900 employees in three cities with total annual P&L of 65 million Euros for 2015. •Spearheaded all large national supplier negotiations, and catapulted the organisation to number one position in the grocery market, whilst increasing market share by 3 to 5% by re-engineering supply chain process to source 85 % of fresh and meat products from local suppliers. •Chaired more than 500 negotiation meetings, to establish dominance on the corporate landscape and institute the firm as an unquestioned leader and grocery market ambassador in the consumers mind.
Hotel General Manager
Mathios Village Resort - Fira, GreeceManagementSeptember 2010 - August 2013 · 2 years and 12 months
• Planned, directed and controlled the hotel operations on a daily basis following strict internal corporate policies and procedures. Developed maximum profits through cost and labour control, maintained the highest standard of services to the guests, including maintenance and cleanliness for the guests, ensured highest service quality in the Food & Beverage Department. • Directed and coordinated the Rooms Division operations in conjunction with the Owner to meet the daily needs of the Village, including, staffing, forecasting, controlling and supervision, carried out all policies, prepared reports, conducted employee performance evaluations as prescribed and ensured that all employees were trained for their positions to maximize service, production and efficiency.
GA Ferries - Dafni, GreeceManagementMarch 2007 - September 2010 · 3 years and 8 months
• Fully responsible for the day-to-day operation and performance of all the departments within GA Ferries Hotel Operations, on board of our three vessels, Ionian Spirit, Ionian Sky and Ionian Sea, accountable for driving and maximizing positive results on all targets and Key Performance Indicators (P&L-KPI’s). • Effectively managed overall ship operations and guest experience, achieved the highest levels of guest satisfaction under all circumstances, through effective responsiveness, ensuring that all Company assets were in optimal condition. • Ensured all inventory levels were appropriate per targets and operational requirements, directed all hotel department financial performance (expenses/revenue), and worked from an entrepreneurial perspective to develop and implement new ideas for revenue and to improve operational efficiencies.
Master of Business Administration
Sunderland University - Sunderland, United KingdomSeptember 1995 - November 1996
International Commercial Marketing. New Product Development New Markets Entry
Higher National Diploma
Athens Business School - Athens, GreeceSeptember 1988 - November 1992
EnglishNative or fluent100%
GreekNative or fluent100%
- • 4* Hotel Staff Coaching & Training
- Board Level Presentations
- • Budget Planning & Administration
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Contract Negotiation
- Cruise Industry
- F&B other
- Financial reports
- Food&Beverage; Management
- Food purchasing
- • Food Storage Inventory Control
- Global Operations
- Hotel Management
- Hotel Pre-opening
- • Hotel-Shipping-Airline Operations
- • Housekeeping & Maintenance
- Inventory & Purchasing
- Luxury hotel
- Relationships Management
- Statistics Analysis
- Suppliers management
- Supply Chain Management