Join Hosco and view Gerard Jan's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
International Manager with experience in Hotel Operations, Finance, Revenue Management, Marketing & Sales. Expert in high-end luxury hospitality industry.
Owner Hotel Operating Company
Hotel Airone - Chioggia, ItalyManagementMarch 2015 - January 2018 · 2 years and 12 months
- Entered into a rent agreement for three years with Boscolo Hotels for the Sottomarina Property - Hotel Operating Margin improved from -160k to +280k
Boscolo Hotels Spa - Milan, ItalyManagementFebruary 2013 - February 2015 · 2 years and 1 month
- Responsible for the daily operations of all hotels of the Boscolo Hotels luxury brand. Boscolo Hotels operates and owns 9 luxury hotels in Europe and is a subsidiary of Boscolo Group SPA. - Responsible for commercial strategy and sales for the hotels as well as for the head office and the international sales team. Development of marketing activities, promotion of the brand through marketing and communication agreements. - Supervised conversion of 4 hotels into a franchise agreement with Marriott, under their Autograph Collection brand.
General Manager and Cluster Manager Rome 5*
Boscolo Hotels Rome - Rome, ItalyManagementFebruary 2011 - January 2013 · 1 year and 12 months
- General Manager for the Boscolo Exedra 5* property in Rome (238 rooms). This high-end property is one of the most famous hotels in Rome currently known as Palazzo Naiadi. - Cluster Manager for all Rome 5-star properties. Boscolo Aleph, Boscolo Palace, Boscolo Exedra. Total rooms: 421 - New Opening of Boscolo Palace in 2011 on Via Veneto
Group Director of Sales and Marketing
Boscolo Hotels Spa - Milan, ItalyManagementNovember 2009 - October 2010 · 12 months
- Responsible for the sales and commercial activities of the Boscolo Hotels brand. Directly responsible for Key Account Managers, Sales Department, Commercial Backoffice, Call Center, Revenue Managers, Mice Offices and Marketing department. Leading a team of 50 employees. - Launched a fidelity program for the Boscolo Group called BClub, achieving revenues of 3 mln EUR in the third year. Created a Rewards program, launched a Bclub website and created a Personal Concierge service for all members
Responsible Business Intelligence and Revenue Management
Boscolo Hotels Spa - Milan, ItalyRevenue ManagementJanuary 2008 - November 2009 · 1 year and 11 months
- Created Business Intelligence system for revenue and transaction data, based on SAP technology. This Business Intelligence system has become the basis of all commercial reporting, CRM and revenue management systems - Responsible for the sales through electronic sales channels: GDS, Boscolo Hotels website, and Online Travel agents - Responsible for the central Revenue Management team and pricing policies
Master Aerospace Engineering
Delft University of Technology - Delft, NetherlandsOctober 1995 - February 2003
DutchNative or fluent100%
ItalianNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Food & Beverages
- Hotel Management
- hotel opening
- Hotel Pre-opening
- Revenue Management