Join Hosco and view Gretchelle's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Hospitality professional, 8 years of experience as shift leader, receptionist and front office cashier in various 5 star hotels and hotel apartments. 3 years of shift leader experience in supervising the front office team . Dedicated and ability to use own initiative to adapt to change requirements at short notice, a lateral thinker and problem solver.
Shift Leader (Night Audit Background)
Avari Hotel Apartment Al Barsha1 - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFront Office receptionJuly 2015 - September 2018 · 3 years and 3 months
• Welcoming guest to the hotel in a polite, friendly and helpful manner. • Managing front office operation. • Answering telephone calls and assist the guest enquires • Answering phone calls and directed them to correct departments and guest rooms • Deals with incoming/outgoing mail, faxes, and emails • Prepare monthly/yearly guest contract. • Works closely with front office manager to provide administrative support • Ensure the reception is tidy and presentable with all necessary stationary material. • To be constantly aware of the room situation to strive and to obtain maximum occupancy. • Handles cashiering and foreign exchange. • Work closely with Sales, Reservations and Account for bookings and LPO. • To respond to any changes as dictated by the hotel and management. • To review the current day and next day arrival. • To coordinate with Housekeeping for the room status. • Incharge for staff schedule/attendance. • Coordinate with HR department regarding staff concern (e.g staff annual leave,compensatory leave) • Responsible for reservation, changes and cancellation when Reservation Office is close. • Handle claim reservation and turn always according to hotel policies and procedures. • To maintain Log Book for any handover and follow up. • Sorting and Filing reports and contract from outsource company. • Prepare night audit report. • Prepare DTCM Statistic month end report.
Guest Service Agent
Montana Hotel Apartment Al Barsha1 - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFront Office receptionApril 2014 - July 2015 · 1 year and 4 months
• Welcoming guest to the hotel in a polite, friendly and helpful manner. • Dealing with late arrivals and assisting with early checks out. • Check out departing guest using the hotel accounting system. • Taking payment from guest in the form of cash or credit cards • Making Room Reservation • Coordinating with housekeeping for the room status • Selling rooms to walk- in guest • Answering telephone inquiries promptly and professionally and transferring calls on • Being a point of contact for guest should they have any queries • Dealing with and resolving guest complaints • Comply to guest request • Update guest profile to Hotel CID System • Ensured that the quality of service is at its best.
Guest Services Executive
Bab Al Sham Desert Resort & Spa - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFront Office receptionMarch 2012 - April 2013 · 1 year and 2 months
• Responsible to provide professional and customer focused service to the guest and ensuring their stay will be a memorable experience. • Give a warm welcome and check in guest taking into account the established SOPs • Check out of departing guest in accordance with established standards • Offer consistently professional, friendly warm and engaging service • Sell rooms to walk-in guest and be responsible for all pro active and day to day facilities. • Responsible for cash inventory, cashing bills of exchange in foreign currencies for hotel guest in accordance with the credit policy. • Cooperate with colleagues from all departments, in particular Housekeeping, Accounting and Reservation. • Ensure that the Guest Service Desk in manned, operationally prepared and stocked at all times in order to be available for guest as a point of contact. • Maintain the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guest are disclosed. • Demonstrate a complete understanding of hotels policies and procedures and service standards and have full knowledge of the hotel facilities and happenings. • Relieving Guest Relation. • Assisting the night manager in night auditing.
Front Desk Agent
Metropolitan Hotel Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFront Office receptionOctober 2009 - March 2012 · 2 years and 6 months
• Welcome and perform check in /check out of guest including processing of group arrival. • Keep up to date on all hotel services, pricing and special promotional offers as well as daily VIPs’ and special events. • To maximize revenue by up selling and ensuring that all services are charge for as/ when applicable. • Making Reservation. • Ensure guest are greeted by hotel name upon calling • Follow up with reservation and sales Department regarding the reservation issues. • Handling Front Office Cashiering. • Aware of hotel location room allocation and general information about the hotel. • Maximize guest satisfaction and utilization of hotel facilities by promoting hotel outlets and other facilities to guest. • To work together with all Front Office employees and to fully cooperate with staff from other hotel departments at all times • To make sure that the registration card pits for all occupied rooms are checked daily for correctness of information on the registration cards, billing back up and charge • To be fully aware of all activities taking place in the hotel, the city and region so that guests consistently receive up to date and correct information. • To carry out all standard reception tasks in accordance with the department SOP’s.
Eulogio Amang Institute of Science and Technology - Manila, PhilippinesJune 2003 - April 2007
Bachelor of Hotel and Restaurant Management