Join Hosco and view Guy Edward's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
• Quality service has been the backbone of my career to date. I have good interpersonal and communication skills that have helped me in leading, developing and managing others.
My analytical decision-making ability acquired during +25 years’ of experience at operational management level within the hospitality and tourism industry, coupled with +10 years of teaching and coaching practices at university and industry level, have been the vital elements in achieving successful results.
I am a good listener, very patient and a team player, but sufficiently independent to be objective as an appraiser and decision maker.
As a certified coach and trainer, I have highly developed computer skills, with in-depth experience of utilizing the latest tools and methods in educational technology during my lectures to maximize the learning experiences.
19 years and 1 month
Y SCHOOLS - Troyes, FranceTourismOctober 2011 - Now · 8 years and 1 month
•Conceive, develop and teach courses to students preparing their BA and/or MBA degrees in Hospitality and Tourism management. In my teaching, emphasis is on facilitating learning through project-based experiential activities and group work presentations where students apply concepts discussed in class to real world challenges faced by hotels & resorts worldwide •Full time faculty tutor and jury member, correction and notation of theses and dissertations •Responsible for building relationships with industry leaders in France and around the world to provide students with both internship and employment opportunities.
Vatel Paris - Paris, FranceTourismSeptember 2007 - August 2010 · 3 years
Owner - GM
Mon Choisy lodge - Grand Baie, MauritiusTourismJanuary 2002 - May 2005 · 3 years and 5 months
• Set up all systems, processes and procedures to open a brand new 2* rated boutique hotel with 15 rooms, restaurant, bar, and pool facilities • Recruited and trained all staff to the required standards • Built a sales and marketing plan and initiated sales activities • Managing customer relationship and promoted the product to new businesses
Paradise Sun Hotel - SeychellesAdministration & GeneralNovember 1999 - December 2001 · 2 years and 2 months
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
New Africa Hotel & Casino - Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaF&B serviceJanuary 1996 - May 1998 · 2 years and 5 months
University of Paris Marne la Vallée - Paris, FranceJune 2014 - July 2016
Master's degree in Luxury hospitality and tourism management
University of Montpellier - Montpellier, FranceSeptember 2006 - September 2007
Bachelor's degree in Education technology
Fondation INFA - Chantilly hotelschool - Chantilly, FranceSeptember 1998 - October 1999
Associate degree in hotel and restaurant management
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
- hotel and restaurant management
- Human resource
- Personal Development
- TRAINING AND DEV
1 information shared