Join Hosco and view Gwinyai's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
An experienced Facilities Engineering Executive with good people management skills and building services engineering management knowledge. High ability to work successfully and effectively in a wide range of co-workers, project teams and multinational employees. Leverage open, honest communication to build trust and generate enthusiasm within individuals and groups.
Key Results Areas:
• Coordinating construction activities, progress reviewing and reporting, pre-opening, migration management, post opening operation and DLP procedures for Resorts, City Hotels, Restaurant, Offices & Factories Complexes, Schools, Hospitals and Shopping Malls (Plazas).
• Accountable for the overall success of engineering services, providing leadership of onsite engineering teams, with significant interaction with technicians, engineers, facility managers, subcontractors, and team members to meet annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Responsibility over the provision of leadership and direction for the efficient operations and maintenance of all electrical, HVAC, mechanical, structural, water, waste and safety management systems, including employee management and development, customer satisfaction, staff productivity, supervision and efficiency, with input on selection, counseling, appraisals and recognition; recommending compensation, promotions, discipline, terminations etc
• Overseeing training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations and maintenance staff, developing and delivering training methods, materials and programs
• Understanding engineering design and operational aspects of building systems and equipment, managing operations, maintenance and capital improvements for Life Safety, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Security and Elevator & Escalators systems and buildings’ fabrics
• Knowledge and Implementation of ICAO Annex 14, Air Traffic Control and Baggage/Ground Handling Services for CAT 3 fixed wing Airstrips and Heliports
Director Of Engineering
Minor Hotels - Nizwa, OmanOtherSeptember 2017 - Now · 1 year and 4 months
Running the facilities management and operations for the highest five star resort in the middle east, 2000 m above sea level featuring 115 luxury rooms and villas with 35 heated pools; HVAC Heating and Cooling System; Energy Centre, Technical Rooms, LPG Plants; outsource 600 cu.m STP Plant; 5 F & B Outlets and kitchens and support MEP Systems/Facilities, supported by a staff 240 PAX accommodation facility with MEP Support Systems; • Evaluating the results of Installation activities, identifying recurring problems and prepare recommendations and feedback about significant changes that need to be made to processes, procedures, systems, or products • Managing the efficient and safe operation of all plant, equipment, ancillary maintenance and repairs for the protection of the property assets, including structural aspects of the building • Assisting with capital project planning, in liaison with senior management, to ensure capital funding is effectively allocated and budgeted in accordance with company directives and philosophy. • Developing and implementing a facilities management communication plan • Developing, reviewing and comparing performance metrics for facility management services (bench-marking, measuring observable behaviors, service response, resolution times etc.).
Doctorate in Business Management
Indian Institute of Business & Management Studies - Mumbai, IndiaNovember 2015 - December 2016
Professional studies covering general management, marketing, human resources strategic, operations and financial management, managerial economics, business law and quantitative methods. Intensive research and case study professional program which included a thesis
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Building maintenance
- Buildings Services Engineering Management
- Construction Management
- Contracts management
- Cost control
- Customer Service Skills
- Disaster Management Planning
- Electrical Engineering ~
- Facilities Management
- Fire Safety
- Green Buildings Approach
- Human Resources
- HVAC maintenance
- Maintenance Management
- MEP engineering
- PMP Project Management
- Power Generation System
- Pre- Opening & Rebranding
- Strategic Planning
- Utilities Expenses Management
- Water and Sewerage Plants Management