Join Hosco and view Hayden's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a young, enthusiastic individual, with seven years’ experience in the hotel industry; working in both the corporate and hotel environment. Eager to learn and develop my knowledge within the hotel industry, I have already held several positions throughout the company, with a proven track record of performing exceptionally well, resulting in employee of the month awards and runner-up employee of the year awards.
Necker Island BVI Ltd - Spanish Town, British Virgin IslandsFinance/AccountingSeptember 2016 - Now
• Deal with the operational running of the department, including approving payments, payroll and intercompany transactions • Supervise 3 members of staff • Prepare and post all month end accruals and journals • Oversee the daily banking, purchase ledger, income audit, daily statistics and sales ledger and cover whenever necessary • Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis • Introduce SOP’s with a number of HOD’s to improve procedures, such as banking, expenses, and petty cash. • Implement income audit for the island including; credit card and cash reconciliations, system reconciliations to ensure flow through of revenue, void transactions report and daily statistics. (Prior to implementation, no reconciliations or daily statistics were performed) • Sole contact for the auditors during the yearend audit. • Prepare yearend accounts including; Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Profit and Loss and Statement of Cash Flow, as well as the appropriate notes.
Assistant Director of Finance
The Stafford London - London, United KingdomFinance/AccountingJuly 2015 - September 2016
• Deal with the operational running of the department, including liaising with all HOD’s, Director of Finance liaising more with the directors of the company dealing with upcoming capital projects and financing of the hotel. • Supervise 3 members of staff • Prepare and post all month end accruals and journals • Oversee the daily banking, purchase ledger, income audit, daily statistics and sales ledger and cover whenever necessary • Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis • Assisting Director of Finance in monthly forecasting and creation of yearly budgets • Introduce SOP’s with a number of HOD’s to improve procedures, such as banking, expenses, and petty cash. • Introduce various revenue reports to assist in more accurate forecasting and understanding of demand and pace. • Prepare monthly P&L and provide commentary for senior staff and directors. • Implement electronic purchase order system. • Implement new payroll system (Fourth Hospitality) • Liaise with external auditors for yearend audit as the main contact.
Regional Business Analyst
Millennium & Copthorne Hotels - London, United KingdomRevenue ManagementMay 2014 - May 2015
• Responsible for creating daily data validation report for London hotels from IDeaS revenue management and TravelClick rate360 reports • Create monthly RGI reports after extracting data from STR Global • Create and maintain global forecasting documents to allow hotels to forecast room revenue by market segment and channel • Create and maintain various global and EU specific reports as per requests from Senior VP of revenue management and Senior VP of operations
Senior Finance Assistant
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge - London, United KingdomFinance/AccountingJuly 2011 - May 2014
• Most senior finance member on site reporting directly to cluster FC, who spends majority of time of the Millennium Mayfair, around 10% of the time spent at Knightsbridge. • Supervise 3 members of staff • Prepare and post all month end accruals and journals • Balance WIP accounts and advise European finance what projects are to be capitalised • Oversee the daily banking, purchase ledger, income audit, daily statistics and sales ledger and cover whenever necessary • Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis • Assisting Financial Controller in monthly forecasting and creation of yearly budgets. Additional responsibilities from July 2012 • Maintain Micros 9700 system, including; deleting and adding items and members of staff. Designing the displays and placement of the menus on the system. • Supervise stock counts • Cost new menus and items as well as designing menus to be placed in F&B outlets. • Maintain an acceptable Cost of Sales • Design and print menus for all outlets
Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge - London, United KingdomFinance/AccountingMarch 2011 - July 2011
• Process daily figures and reconcile to each department and system • Audit all refunds, allowances and entertainment cheques • Create accruals for all expenses including recurring monthly costs • In charge of purchase ledger, ensuring all suppliers are paid in a timely manner • Deal with guest and supplier queries
ACCA - Foundation
Kaplan - London, United KingdomJanuary 2013 - June 2015
Kaplan - London, United KingdomJanuary 2011 - January 2013
AAT level 3 & 4
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Advance Excel
- Budgeting / Cost Control
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Fourth Hospitality
- IDeaS RMS
- Jet Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Micros 9700
- Microsoft Great Plains
- Opera PMS
- Protel PMS
- PSF Financials
- Revenue Analysis
- Team / People Management
- Teamwork and Leadership
- Vision Reporting
Volunteer – St. Dorcas Orphanage
• Teaching 9/10 year old children English, Science and Maths.
• Organise sporting activities after school.