Join Hosco and view Hillary's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am someone who is eager to learn new things and an enthusiast. A well organized and ambitious individual with good communication skills. A good team player and someone who is helpful whenever help is needed. I am a versatile and self-motivated individual who has acquired both practical and theoretical skills knowledge and experience in the Accounting profession.
Reflex Holdings Fzco - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingOctober 2017 - Now · 1 year and 4 months
• Processing all employment visas for the new employees and renewal of employment visas for employees. • Updating the payroll, making salary payments and making sure that we comply with WPS rules and regulations. • Preparation of employee gratuity payments and annual leave salaries, and preparation of travelling documents for the employees and for top management also. • Filing of all important company documents and making sure they are all valid and updated for example company trade licenses and establishment cards. • Arranging meetings and appointments for the top management. • Reconciling all account receivable ledgers and making follow ups on the company debtors. • Updating and reconciling the cash book on a regular basis. • Preparation of payments to our suppliers and company clients. • Preparation of daily sales reports and daily sales performance report for the management. • Bank reconciliations • Making sure that the company complies with the Federal Tax Authority regulations. • Preparation of tax returns. • Posting and updating the accounting information system on a daily basis.
Blue Waters Hotel - Durban, South AfricaFinance/AccountingMarch 2016 - March 2017 · 1 year and 2 months
• Processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures • Obtain all invoices from Receiving Clerk, ensuring all prices and quantities agree with purchase order amount. • Verify proper codes and signatures of appropriate Executive Committee Members & Department Head on all invoices. • Maintain a supportive role with other departments. • Prepare and maintain a proper filling system. • Responsible for preparing accounts payable vouchers and printing checks and supporting documents. • Responsible for maintaining a Cheque Register and Void Cheques Register and any other register needed for the operation and the audit purposes. • Ensure all invoices and supporting documents are stamped with “PAID” • Maintain an approved signature register with authorized signature of each manager who is authorized to approve invoices. • Prepare at least once a year vendor audit letters as required by the external auditors. • Perform other duties as directed by the DOF and/or Hotel Controller. • Balance petty cash with General Cashier. • Maintain Executive expense report file. • Reconcile the outstanding cheques. • Participate in the Quality improvement process. • Maintain a close relationship with other department heads. • Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payables’ data • Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries. • Paying vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments • Facilitating payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients • Preparing bills, invoices and bank deposits • Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted. • Reconciling petty cash.
Rainbow Towers Hotel - Harare, ZimbabweFinance/AccountingJanuary 2015 - January 2016 · 1 year and 1 month
• Assist in managing revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivables, accounts payables, payroll, audit, general Ledger reporting. • Assist with financial statements on a monthly basis and reporting any variances to the concerned department heads • Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements • Audit the credit card transactions for accuracy. Ensure the POS details summary reports agree with Opera. • Audit F&B and all other hotel revenue generated and ensure the accuracy. • Check the authenticity of all FO paid outs/rebates and outlet rebates and verify for accuracy. • Controls together with Credit Supervisor on daily basis PM and permanent folios. • Audit all administrative PM folios and lost interface posting charges. Analyze and transfer them to respective accounts/folios. • Perform month end closing and ensure that the trial balance agree with general ledger. • Prepares daily and monthly revenue reports for the management
Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Accountancy
Chinhoyi University of Technology - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesMarch 2013 - November 2016
Obtained a bachelor's degree in Accountancy
EnglishNative or fluent100%
ShonaNative or fluent100%
- Chart of accounts
- Handling cash
- MC Office
- Raising/Tracking invoices
- Use opera