Join Hosco and view IKEOHA UKAMAKA's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
• Energetic, intelligent, confident, result-oriented and customer focused professional
• Self-assured, preferring an open, friendly but direct communication style
• Assertive when necessary, remaining focused on achievement of hotel mission, vision, goal and values
• Knowledgeable, with an excellent understanding of consumer need and relevant market place dynamics
• Superb product knowledge, effective communicator via high quality written verbal and visual presentation.
Seasoned Hospitality Professional who aims to take his knowledge and skills to the next level by delving in
Into a Junior Management/Leadership role in a new locale
11 years and 9 months
Deputy Admin Officer
Game Discount world, Polo Amusement Park - Enugu, NigeriaGuest RelationsNovember 2011 - Now · 8 years and 3 months
Guest Service Executive Supervisor (Front Office)
ZODIAC HOTEL NIGERIA ENUGU - Enugu, NigeriaFront Office receptionSeptember 2010 - Now · 9 years and 5 months
• Assist guests with check-in and checkout, other cashiering duties • Handling guests' emails and messages, and answering phone calls. • Meet, greet, room and send VIPs. • Give a warm welcome to guests on arrival and register them as well as issuing room keys by using the company standards. • Train new colleagues assigned to me when required • Ensure the safety, security and loss control policies and procedures are complied with at the front counter and back office area. • Work towards maximizing room revenue by upselling to a higher rate category and selling the highest possible rates for walk-in guests. • Comply with hotel and department policies and procedures at all times. • Maintains the privacy of all guests by ensuring that no details of the guests are disclosed to anybody • Be vigilant in regard to in-house credit matters and act upon any discrepancies
Hotel Telephone Operator Supervisor
Game Discount world, Polo Amusement Park, - Enugu, NigeriaAsset ManagementNovember 2012 - November 2019 · 7 years and 1 month
• Responding to the Guest queries telephonically and resolving the same. • Answers incoming calls and places outgoing calls • Answer the telephone within 3 rings and according to the company standards of proper etiquette. • Directs call to the guest rooms, Staff or any departments through the switchboard. • Receives the guest messages and deliver the same to the guest. • Logs all wake –up call requests and performs wake – up call services • Provides information about the hotel services to the guests. • Understand the telephone operator board or PBX switchboard operations • Provides paging services for hotel guests and employees. • Knows what action to take when an emergency call is required. • Monitors automated systems including fire alarms and telephone equipment when the engineering and maintenance department is closed. • Assists in reporting telephone equipment or service complaints and problems. • Trains or assists with the new telephone operator colleagues in the performance of their duties • To be fully aware of and adhere to health and safety fire and bomb threat procedures. • Always keep records of calls placed and received by all departments and recording the call charges. • Open and close telephone functionality on the hotel front office software • Setup conference calls in different locations and time zones. • Takes dictation of business correspondences • Typing business correspondences • Maintaining and organizing files/filing system
ZODIAC HOTEL NIGERIA, ENUGU - Enugu, NigeriaF&B serviceJuly 2009 - August 2010 · 1 year and 2 months
• Answering all reservation calls as per hotel standards. • Responsible for all customer reservation and queries received via telephone or emails for the hotel's restaurants • Ensure each booking is entered into the system following hotel data and quality standards • Being knowledgeable about F&B promotions, menus and other vital business information required. • Skillfully upselling and cross-selling our restaurants, promotions/offers, and loyalty cards. • Following up on guest feedback with the restaurant manager. • Full knowledge of all restaurants, promotions and special offers. • Attention, ensure the guests' needs are promptly satisfied as efficiently as possible • Let the supervisor know of any special requirements or other relevant information. • Make sure that the guest properly served and look for any hints that the guest may require. • Work together with F&B staff and help with F&B service, when required. • Confirm all bookings by phone prior to the evening of the booking in a pleasant manner. • Make note of any special requests, such as a birthday cake, flowers, top VIP service, etc., or special • Needs, such as parking service, printed menu, photographer, name cards, seating arrangements, etc. • Be aware of promotions and special events, "Upsell". • attend any other duties as may be delegated by the managers
Sales and Distribution Channel Analyst
SPECTRANET TECHNOLOGIES LTD, - Lagos, NigeriaITMay 2006 - June 2007 · 1 year and 2 months
• Maintain Sales Channel members’ database (Trade Partners, Sub-Trade Partners and Retailers). • Engage the regions to follow up on implementation of Data Channel Initiatives. • Provide and maintain a strong and reliable database to facilitate tracking and • Handle general enquiries from existing and potential customers.. • Data Products Sales • Enterprise Solutions Product Sales • Collect, analyze and interpret a wide variety of Channel data and develop weekly monthly reports in preparation for business review meetings.
Higher National Diploma ( HND) in Microbiology
• Institute of Management and Technology ( IMT) - Enugu, NigeriaOctober 2004 - December 2009
Date of birth
October 20th 1984
- Ability to work under pressure
- • Ability to work under pressure • Flexible towards my work environment • Ability to motivate others and self-initiative •
- • Competent and optimistic
- Excellent team player
- Good communication and presentation skills
- • Leadership skills and a good team player •
- Outstanding Staff
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges.
- • Willing to learn and take on new challenges • Cultural awareness •