Join Hosco and view Janaka Sampath's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
"I seek to work for a successful company that has strong leadership and vision and who recognizes and rewards performers."
7 years and 3 months
Alila jabal Akdhar Hotels - Nizwa, OmanFinance/AccountingJune 2018 - Now · 1 year and 4 months
Finance & Business Support Manager
Sun Siyam Resort Pvt Ltd - Malé, MaldivesFinance/AccountingJanuary 2013 - November 2017 · 4 years and 11 months
Currently I am working as Finance and Business Support Manager for the Group of Sun Siyam Resorts Pvt Ltd in Maldives since January 2013 and performing major role in the corporate accounting. It is the Owner and Management Company of Sun SIyam Irufushi Resort, Olhuveli Beach and Spa Resort, Sun Aqua Vilureef Resort and with other tourism related businesses in Maldives and Overseas. • And Daily; Reviewing of Daily Revenue Reports of the Group (Three Resorts) • Reviewing/Monitoring Monthly management Accounts and submit to the management before 15th of the subsequent month of the Resorts prepared by Accountants (According to the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry) as well as other Accounts of the group. • Arranging and meeting with Resorts management for P&L Meetings with CFO • Reviewing of GST & WHT tax and file returns before the given deadline of MIRA (Maldives Inland Revenue Authority) prepared by Accountants. • Preparing financial statement for the Group including Consolidated accounts for bank whenever needed. (probably quarterly) • Assisting to Treasury Director to manage the cash flow of the Group. • Meeting arrangement with statutory auditors, internal auditors and Tax Advisors for the group. • Involving with staff recruitment for the department on behalf of the department heads. • And other reporting requirement for CFO & treasury Director • preparing Executive Payroll of the group and reviewing of payroll for the group
Sun Land Travles Pvt Ltd, Cocopalm Dunikolhi Resort - Malé, MaldivesFinance/AccountingMarch 2011 - January 2012 · 1 year
• Manage accounting operations, accounting close, account reporting and reconciliations. • Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting pack for resort. • Review financial statements and correct any discrepancies. • Maintain confidential information, such as pay rates, bonus targets. • Prepare monthly and annual expense forecasts, including any necessary recommended action required to manage costs to achieve budget. • Provide detailed tax documentation needed to submit accurate returns to MIRA. • Collaborating extensively with auditors during preliminary and year end audit process.
CA Sri Lanka - Colombo, Sri LankaJanuary 2005 - August 2009
I Have completed the Certified Business Accountant, Business Level of CA Sri Lanka, also following Strategic Level II (Pending Result for final subject of Financial Management) Accountants of Sri Lanka and have obtained the Practical Training as required.
BBA (Specialized in Financial Management)
University of Colombo - Colombo, Sri LankaSeptember 2003 - September 2007
Date of birth
January 01st 1982
- Ability to adapt to new system updates.
- Effective inter personal communication and initiat
- Resourceful and believes in continuous learning an
- Well fit in physically and mentally..