Join Hosco and view Jason's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Global working exposure in North America and Europe
Developing/Training/Retaining existing and future Talent pool
Food and Beverage Management including Bar, Dining Room and In Room Dining
Launch of a new restaurant product and redesign
Kitchen experience in first class European establishments
Salad King Thai Restaurant - Toronto, CanadaManagementNovember 2016 - September 2018 · 1 year and 11 months
Managing an extremely busy thai restaurant located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Duties included Bar Management, hiring, scheduling, floor management, cash handling and special event management.
La Prep - Toronto, CanadaManagementAugust 2015 - March 2017 · 1 year and 8 months
• Overall managing of the largest seating capacity La Prep restaurant up to and including, ordering, scheduling, service of a quick service French inspired restaurant located at the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus
Gabby's Restaurant - Toronto, CanadaManagementJuly 2014 - August 2015 · 1 year and 2 months
Gabby’s Restaurant (Urban Dining Group) - Toronto, Canada Assistant Manager • Managing the highest volume Gabby’s location located at 309 King Street West in Toronto’s famous restaurant row consisting of a 130 seat outdoor patio and dining room of 100 seats • Duties include supervision of staff, dealing with guests, ordering, scheduling and handling deposits
Thompson Hotel - Toronto, CanadaManagementJanuary 2013 - July 2014 · 1 year and 7 months
• Continuous improvement in developing a complete knowledge of all aspects of the Food and Beverage industry • Duties included preparation, set-up, managing and tear down of various sized functions and assisting management with special requests of guests
IMI University Centre - Lucerne, SwitzerlandAdministration & GeneralJuly 2012 - November 2012 · 5 months
• Temporarily assisted my former University to aid in the assistance of setting up the Internships Department • Administering of Internship Certificates and Educational Diplomas to current and former students • Assisting in the placement of international students in internship positions in Switzerland and worldwide • Maintaining the student database of current and former students and constant improvement of the Alumni network of graduates
Thompson Hotel - Toronto, CanadaF&B serviceJuly 2011 - July 2012 · 1 year and 1 month
• Continuous improvement in developing a complete knowledge of all aspects of the Food and Beverage industry • Duties included preparation, set-up, managing and tear down of various sized functions (up to 120 persons) • Assisting management with special requests of guests
Food and Beverage Supervisor
Hilton Garden Inn - Toronto, CanadaF&B otherJune 2010 - June 2011 · 1 year and 1 month
• Hiring, scheduling and managing of 14 staff (75 seat restaurant) • Supervised the service of breakfast and dinner for the 75 seat restaurant, lounge and room service • Supervised two meeting rooms in addition • Administrative duties consisted of inventory control, menu development, product ordering and payroll management
Compass Group Canada - Toronto, CanadaF&B otherFebruary 2007 - June 2010 · 3 years and 5 months
Duties included managing food quality, ensuring food safety, menu planning and ordering, scheduling, recruiting and training of staff members and to manage the overall business of a busy food court at a Bell Communications office.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Park Hyatt Hotel - Toronto, CanadaFinance/AccountingJuly 2005 - February 2007 · 1 year and 8 months
• Posted monthly transactions, prepared monthly invoices and statements • Posted cash receipts and wire transfers • Reconciled A/R trial balance to General Ledger • Conducted aged trial balance reviews, issued invoices and collected funds
Garde Manger - Kitchen Trainee
Hotel Rigiblick - Lauerz, SwitzerlandOtherJune 2004 - November 2004 · 6 months
Position consisted of creating appetizers and desserts while being a general helper in a first class Swiss kitchen.
Guest Services Agent
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Toronto, CanadaOtherOctober 2003 - February 2004 · 5 months
Duties included taking reservations, guest check in and checkout, answering phone calls and providing general customer service.
Gasthof Zum Baeren - Meersburg, GermanyOtherMay 2003 - September 2003 · 5 months
In this hotel traditional Germanic style food was served, I assisted in all aspects of the operation. My main focus was in the kitchen where I prepared all cold appetizers and desserts.
BA Degree w/ Honours in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
IMI International Management Institute Switzerland - Lucerne, SwitzerlandFebruary 2004 - June 2005
Hotel Management Diploma
George Brown College - Toronto, CanadaJanuary 2002 - May 2003
EnglishNative or fluent100%