Join Hosco and view Jean-Baptiste's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
"More you give, more you have"
Graduated of a four-year program leading to a Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management at the École Hôtelière de Lausanne. Strong Interest in Revenue optimization and Rooms operations. Entering a career into the Hospitality Industry through a Revenue & Reservations Management Training with a Digital Marketing & E-commerce exposure at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Revenue & Reservations Management Trainee
Rosewood Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesSales & MarketingApril 2018 - Now · 8 months
- Working as a reservation agent for 2 months with involvement in revenue tasks (taking reservations over the phone, registering bookings from SynXis, Wholesales, group rooming lists). In charge of daily pick-up and reservation reports as well as no show report. I also assisted to revise and create new SOP's for the Reservation department. - Assisting the Director of Communication and Marketing Manager during 4 months with brand website content updates (using Sitecore CMS), weekly / monthly EDMs (MailChimp & Cendyn e-Insight) promoting special Rooms, F&B and Spa offers. I was in charge of building new packages and offers for the 2018 World Cup and Ramadan time, to be published on the website offer's page and to make sure they were promoted accordingly through social medias (Facebook + Instagram). I had the opportunity to build an entire new brand website page for all room group offers (MICE, Social, Wedding, Gala Dinner). Answering TripAdvisor comments and updating content on OTA's property page. - Currently handling Revenue & Reservation Manager duties and tasks since October 2018 as the department was left without any Director. Managing a reservation team of 5 agents.
Waiter & Bartender
Nestlé - Montreux, SwitzerlandF&B serviceJune 2017 - July 2017 · 2 months
Working at the Bar of the Terrasse Nestlé during the Montreux Jazz Festival, a 2 weeks yearly musical event in Switzerland
Revenue Manager Assistant
Shangri-La Paris - Paris, FranceSales & MarketingJune 2016 - December 2016 · 7 months
- Analysis of the daily and Financial pick-up to present during the daily morning meeting. - Analysis of the Weekly pick-up. Compare the situation On The Books with last year’s, day by day, by Market Segments and KPI. Adjustments of the Forecast per Weekly pick-up and Last Year pick-up between Last Year On the Books at the same time and Last Year End of the Month. Analysis of the trend for the coming month (pricing, events in Paris) to present at the weekly Revenue Meeting. - Daily Opening and Closing of Shangri-La Hotel Paris availabilities on OTA’s and Wholesaler Offlines / Onlines. - Quotation for Group Prospects : Group Others or MICE. - Loading of new promotions and rate codes on Opera for OTA’s and Wholesalers and on Sabre Synexis for GDS. - Compset Analysis. - Changing the BAR on IDEAS for Shangri-La Hotel Paris and on Travelclick EZYield for OTA’s. - Extraction of statistics for General Manager or Sales & Marketing Manager. - Aimed to make the Shangri-La Hotel Paris fully booked on New Year’s night with a high ADR. - Complete the 2017’s Marketing Plan for Revenue Management Part + all statistics regarding SPA, F&B, and Other income. - Preparation of Monthly Statistics and main monthly actions for the Headquarters. - Taking over the vacant position of the Revenue Manager for the last month of my internship.
VIP Area Assistant Manager
Montreux Jazz Festival - Montreux, SwitzerlandF&B otherJuly 2015 - July 2015 · 1 month
Provide high quality of service delivery during a 2 weeks festival to guests from the VIP area at the Garden Bar. Making sure all their needs and expectations were fulfilled. Service, inventory, delivery and guest relations.
Centre de Beauté Extreme SARL - Lausanne, SwitzerlandBack OfficeJune 2015 - June 2015 · 1 month
Housekeeping - Butler - Reception - Concierge - Guest Relations
Cheval Blanc Randheli - MaldivesFront Office receptionJuly 2014 - January 2015 · 7 months
Housekeeping (8 weeks) : - Villa Attendant (2 weeks) : How to provide LQA quality standards for Daily and Turndown service / How to prepare a Villa for VIP Guests. - Housekeeping Coordinator (6 weeks) : How to coordinate, be the link between Majordomes, Front Office and Housekeeping Team (Villa attendants) / Management of the mini bar stock and supply. Food & Beverage (1 week) : 1 week of observation and helping as a waiter in the 5 Restaurants of the Maison + 2 Days with the Chef Somelier in the French Fine Dining Gastronomic Restaurant of the Maison : Le 1947. Front Office (15 weeks) : - Alchemist (Reception / Guest Relations / Concierge, 8 weeks) : Check-in, Check-out, Payment, Rebate through Opéra. Provide a High Quality of Service to VIP Guests, making of itinerary for guests, Bookings and Specials requests. Introducing the Maison (Resort) to Visitors : Island Tour. - Majordome (Butler, 7 weeks) : Inspect a Villa before arrival. Make a Villa Orientation introducing all the facilities of the Villa to the guest. Be able to satisfy any request from VIP Guests 24h/24H. Surprise a guest used to high quality standards. Craftmanship / Creativity to create an unbelievable experience for the guest. Provide a High quality of service.
3HPRO - Groupe PROMAN - Lausanne, SwitzerlandF&B serviceMarch 2014 - December 2015 · 1 year and 11 months
Participation in various missions of extra in service : weddings, banquets, seminar in different establishments such as "Le Musée Olympique" in Lausanne or at "L'Hotel des Trois Courones" ***** in Vevey, Switzerland.
Food & Beverage Assistant
Le Groupe de L'Hotellerie - Paris, FranceF&B serviceNovember 2013 - January 2014 · 3 months
Through a turnover in 3 different parisian hotels of "Le Groupe de L'Hotellerie" (Le Général Hotel ****; L'Atrium Hotel ***; Le Quartier Bercy Square Hotel ***), I have been working as a Front Office and Food & Beverage Assistant. Main tasks: Learning of the basis of Front Office Management : Booking, Booking Agency, Sales, Check in/out. Main responsibilities : Ensure the smooth running of a daily breakfast for 40 guests / working as a Front Office assistant during the afternoon. Use of Front Res as a PMS. Few days as a Head Housekeeper assistant. Contributed to the organisation of a 200 guests reception at “Le Général Hotel ****”, in Paris. Contributed to the reopening of “L’Atrium Hotel ***”, in Suresnes.
Buffalo Grill - Paris, FranceF&B serviceJuly 2012 - July 2012 · 1 month
First experience in the Hotel & Restaurant industry as a waiter. Learned how to coordinate the order and the kitchen. Basis of Team Management.
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
École hôtelière de Lausanne - Lausanne, SwitzerlandFebruary 2014 - February 2018
Baccalauréat in Economics and Social Sciences
Lycée Notre Dame de Boulogne - Boulogne-Billancourt, FranceSeptember 2010 - July 2013
Graduated with Honors.
FrenchNative or fluent100%
- Check in & check out
- Distribution channels
- Facebook Advertising
- Fidelio Front Office
- Food service
- Great teamwork skills
- group quotations
- Guest Folio
- Hotel housekeeping
- Hotel Revenue Management
- IDeaS RMS
- Micros PMS
- Miscrosoft excel
- Opera PMS
- Revenue Analisys
- rooms allocation
- Sabre GDS
- Service client
- SynXis - CRS
- Team Management
- Telephone sales skills
Accomodation Team Member - EHL Graduation Trip - Winter 2018
Part of the Accomodation Team organizing the Graduation Trip of 185 graduated students from the Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne for 1 week in Thailand in February 2018.