Join Hosco and view Jeyzon's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
U.S. Navy veteran with postgraduate studies and 5+ years experience in various administrative roles - office assistance, public affairs service, managerial, and leadership - seeking a career opportunity in the hospitality and tourism industry, where I can deliver my administrative and organizational skills while contributing and maintaining the ongoing success, integrity, work ethics, and reputation of the company.
Private Branch Exchange (PBX) Agent / Bellman
Handlery Hotel & Resort - San Diego, CA, United StatesFront Office receptionOctober 2018 - Now · 3 months
- Handle incoming calls, assist guests during their stay with their communication needs such as answering questions and transferring phone calls to requested extensions. Schedule wake-up calls. - Maintain confidentiality of room number, guest information, credit card information, and security of guest belongings. Assist guests with lost and found inquiries. Handle after hours calls for reservations. - Attend team members with telephone and radio communication. Generate, print out and file multiple reports. Preserve cleanliness and organization of work area.
Assistant Training Petty Officer (TPO)
United States Navy - Norfolk, VA, United StatesAdministration & GeneralDecember 2014 - April 2016 · 1 year and 5 months
- Facilitated training inside and outside the classroom to junior and/or senior personnel in areas such as flag folding procedures, military uniform and grooming standards, color / honor guard performance, stress management, proper protocol on handling hazardous materials (e.g. liquid and spray paint), equipment organization and inventory in the department’s toolshed. - Assisted the TPO with developing and tracking monthly and weekly training schedules ensuring operational readiness and performance of over 20 staff members. Filed training records of employees: Personnel Qualifications Standards (PQS), certificates, and licenses.
Public Affairs Staff / Editor
United States Navy - Twentynine Palms, CA, United StatesPublic RelationsMay 2013 - December 2013 · 8 months
- Supervised publication of five issues of the Command’s monthly newspaper “The Examiner” and provided coverage for 72 events. - Collaborated with 18 Department Public Affairs Representatives to compile, proofread, and publish complete editions on tight deadlines. - Served as photographer and/or videographer for numerous command events, including award ceremonies, job promotions, re-enlistments, departmental luncheons, change of commands, military retirements / farewells, and special guest visits.
Military Training Network (MTN) Program Manager
United States Navy - Twentynine Palms, CA, United StatesAdministration & GeneralJanuary 2012 - May 2013 · 1 year and 5 months
- Managed six resuscitative medicine training programs – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), and Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) – ensuring Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) compliance in all aspects of certification. - Facilitated seven courses accrediting 50 staff members greatly increasing the Command’s ability to provide patient care.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant / Clerk
United States Navy - Twentynine Palms, CA, United StatesAdministration & GeneralOctober 2011 - January 2012 · 4 months
- Punctually and consistently submitted the Naval Hospital’s daily Attendance Report ensuring 100% accountability of 639 military and civilian personnel. Managed a virtual leave system to request, track, correct, cancel, and extend leave transactions of military personnel.
College Office Assistant
City University of New York: Queens College - Queens, New York, NY, United StatesAdministration & GeneralFebruary 2010 - November 2010 · 10 months
- Supported Budget Office in multiple functions such as handling and attending phone calls, picking and distributing mail, data entry, generating financial reports on Excel, maintaining files and folders, operating photocopy and fax machines, greeting and assisting visitors.
Master of Arts: Journalism
University of Barcelona - Barcelona, SpainOctober 2016 - February 2018
Bachelor of Arts: Spanish Language & Literature
State University of New York at Binghamton - Binghamton, NY, United StatesAugust 2005 - August 2009
EnglishNative or fluent100%
SpanishNative or fluent100%
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership Abilities
- Meeting deadlines.
- Priority Determination
- Program management
- Time management
Prior Newspaper Publications