Join Hosco and view Jonah's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Executive with more than 25 years of experience in Luxury Hotels & Resorts / Michelin Star Restaurants and Freestanding management.
Mentor & results-oriented who thrives on the challenge of continuous improvement within the Industry.
Attentive to details, dedicated to maintaining and improving customer service without compromising profitability.
Motivational management style with a record of building teams and retaining highly motivated management. Successful in identifying opportunities and implementing standards and unique applications for accelerated growth. Food and Beverage management. Business development. Budgeting, forecasting and cost control. Presentations and training's. Staff development, and an excellent motivator. Great experience on pre-openings and implementation of systems to measure and therefore manage progress.
Specialties: Inspiring others, Exceeding goals, Innovation, Food and Beverage, Customer Service, Staff Management, Occupational Health & Safety, Staff Empowerment Programs. Policy & Procedure - Development and implementation 'Best Practise', Financial & Planning - Strong financial management & reporting, stock & cost control skills and extensive experience in this area. Preparation of Monthly and Annual Budgets, Research & Development, Branding.
Doctor Hospitality - Sydney, AustraliaConsultingDecember 2004 - Now · 14 years and 2 months
onGlobal Creators of profound adventures with Food, Drink, Hotels & the ART of Service. A one-stop shop for all your hospitality needs, we offer all, from equipment sourcing to financial templates. We are a group of professional hospitality executives, consultants, accountants, designers and Lawyers for Hotels and Food & Beverage operations, including but not limited to: • Mystery Guest & Brand Standard Reviews • Hotel Business Development • Restaurant Start Up – Feasibility Studies and Business Plans • Brand Development – Concept Development • Custom Design Development • Restaurant & Bar Turnaround • Food & Beverage Styling • Food & Beverage Photography • PR & Marketing Plans • Financial Assessments – Improvements • Food & Drink Menu Design • Menu Engineering • Business Templates & System Implementation • Training, Team Building & Workshops • Injury prevention programmes in the workplace, ergonomists • Work habits and manual handling as well as workstation design and organisation • Stocktaking • RESB Main
Director of Food & Beverage
Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund - Shanghai, ChinaF&B serviceApril 2013 - May 2014 · 1 year and 2 months
• Responsible for overall F&B, inclusive of 7 Outlets & 20 Million USD in turnover. • Number ‘1’ Waldorf Astoria & Hilton Hotel in the world. • Introduced employee training program and increased participation by 70% by adapting existing curriculum with online education modules and alongside train the trainer program that reduced F&B staff turnover by 20%. • Led project of Brand Audit review coordinating all standards introduction into property. • Re-established the Long Bar as Shanghai’s Best Bar Venue and Pelham’s Restaurant as Top 10 dining destinations. • http://www.waldorfastoriashanghai.com/english/
Director of Food & Beverage
Anantara Hotels, Resorts & Spa, Maldives - Balikpapan, IndonesiaF&B otherDecember 2010 - December 2012 · 2 years and 1 month
• Hotel Manager (In General Managers absence). • Upgraded all F & B outlets in the hotel to an international standard. • Redesigned F & B concepts to reflect that of a 5 star hotel. • Rebranded the bar & nightclub on the roof into a supper club to increase capture. • Changed all menus and introduced menu engineering. • Anantara & Minor International Food & Beverage Board Member • Implemented scheduled maintenance upgrade program in the hotel. • Introduced Award winning wine list, advanced wine knowledge to team & increased wine sales 300%. • Introduced a Food Safety Management System 85% on First Audit & Anantara’s Highest Score. • Certified Hotel as Green Globe Hotel – Awarded highest score in Asia. • Awarded Best Signature Hotel / Resort 2011 – 2013 – Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA), best 10 in Asia. • GOLD MEDAL – Tri Hita Karana Tourism Award 2011. • Travellers Choice Awards 2012 - Trip Advisor - 3 categories: Trendiest, Luxury, Relaxation & Spa. • Implementation all corporate programs and strateg
Kudeta - Balikpapan, IndonesiaAdministration & GeneralDecember 2009 - December 2010 · 1 year and 1 month
• In Charge of Bali Operation • Standardizing all SOP’s for KU DE TA International rollout of brand. • Business Management - Introduced standardized reporting to Directors & ownership from all management. • Created Management information systems and communications. • Improved cash flow, profitability and increased turnover 21% Year on Year to $28.5 million USD. • Decreased food cost from 45+% to 30% within 2 months. • Introduced international standard & awarded wine list. • Implemented training program, talent management and induction programs for 500+ staff at all levels. • www.kudeta.net
Degree in Hotel Management
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School - Sydney, AustraliaJune 1996 - January 2001
Studied the IHTTI Hotel Management program in Sydney, Australia. Advanced Diploma in Hotel Management & Degree in Tourism & Hotel Management Special Letter of Commendation for Academic Profile in Final Year Voted Student President
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Hotel Management