Join Hosco and view Jordan's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
My name is Jordan Arnold and I am currently studying Strategic Communications and Leadership at the University of Kansas.
I am planning to graduate in May of 2019 after only three years of pursuing my bachelors degree. I am determined to always complete a project on time as I work well under pressure. I love to keep busy by having multiple things going on at once. I recently completed an internship at the KU Honors Program in spring 2018 where I worked as the digital media intern and a summer abroad internship in Prague, Czech Republic with Foreigners.cz. I am currently in my second year as a research assistant at the William Allen White School of Journalism, a member of the media relations committee for KU Dance Marathon and the Director of Marketing for The Big Event.
Computer Lab Assistant
J-School Tech - Lawrence, KS, United StatesPublic RelationsAugust 2018 - Now · 4 months
- Conduct JSchool Tech lab office hours - Assist KU journalism students in using Adobe Indesign and Illustrator - Create the social media calendar for the JSchool Tech social media accounts
Public Relations Intern
Foreigners - Prague, CzechiaPublic RelationsJune 2018 - Now · 6 months
Proofread articles and newsletter to correct English grammar and spelling. Write blog posts for the Foreigners Blog (https://blog.foreigners.cz). Create graphics to include in the blog posts. Research the Czech Republic and working in the Czech Republic as an expat. Compile the research into two ebooks. Design the layout and create graphics for the two ebooks. Communicate with other employees in a multilingual office. Adapt to working in a different culture as well as different office than the supervisor.
The Big Event - Lawrence, KS, United StatesPublic RelationsApril 2018 - Now · 8 months
- Create graphics used to promote The Big Event and it’s upcoming events on the organizations social media. - Maintain the organization’s online presence using Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. - Spread Big Event news across campus through the use of Facebook events, promotional flyers, tabling, and chalking. - Attend weekly director and executive team meetings where the group I was able to work on communicating within a team.
William Allen White School of Journalism and Mass Communications - Lawrence, KS, United StatesTourismMay 2017 - Now · 1 year and 7 months
- Held office hours. - Assisted current students in conducting research. - Edited previous student’s research and conducted additional research. - Partnered with Unmistakably Lawrence to create a website to host the timelines. - Researched the history of Lawrence using local libraries/museums, the Kansas historical society and online databases.
Media Relations Committee
KU Dance Marathon - Lawrence, KS, United StatesPublic RelationsFebruary 2017 - Now · 1 year and 10 months
- Maintain KU Dance Marathon’s online presence through the use of Twitter. - Communicate with other KU organizations through the use of social media. - Raise money for KU Pediatrics as part of KU’s largest philanthropic organization.
Bachelors of Science in Journalism and Mass Communication on the Strategic Communication track
University of Kansas - Lawrence, KS, United StatesAugust 2016 - Now
- Adobe CC
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Premiere Basic
- Adobe Spark Pos
- facebook analytics
- Google Analytics
- Google Drive
- instagram Analytics
- Magazine Business Planning
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft, Mac
- Microsoft Mail Merge
- Microsoft Office Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Sway
- Strategic Message Planning
- SWOT analysis
Travel Industry Association of Kansas Marketing Awards
Block-by-Block, a project I work on as a research assistant in the KU School of Journalism, reveals the history of buildings on each block in downtown Lawrence. The project won first place for Integrated Campaign among large budget destinations in Kansas and Best in Show among all marketing award entires at the 2018 Travel Industry Association of Kansas Marketing Awards. There were 50 total entries and five categories.
View the Block-by-Block project here: https://unmistakablylawrence.com/explore/itineraries/history/block-block-massachusetts-st/
Interested in viewing the work that I have accomplished throughout my time at university? Please visit my online portfolio: www.jordanarnold98.wix.com/home