Join Hosco and view Jose's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I'm presently searching for a position in the F&B or room's division department that will enable me to put into practice my past and current experiences. My leadership skills have been finely honed, and I am confident that my ability to quickly connect with people from diverse backgrounds will render me an immediate asset to the company.
Able to speak several different languages English and Spanish Native level, Tagalog and Japanese Intermediate level, Italian, Norwegian, Dutch, French Beginner level. Strong interpersonal skills, Solid written and oral communication skills, Able to work autonomously, Ability to learn new things quickly, Capability to work under pressure, Work confidently within a group, Manage time effectively.
I'm looking to challenge myself and be able to show off my abilities in F&B,customer service, and room service.
3 years and 10 months
NATIONAL MERCHANT MARINE SCHOOL - Guayaquil, EcuadorAdministration & GeneralMay 2015 - December 2016 · 1 year and 8 months
• Educated an average of 12 students per class in 1st and 2nd year • Created and Implemented, free writing segment increasing students writing level by 25% • Taught students Maritime Technical English terminology to future officers of the National Merchant Maritime Fleet • Explored interactive activities in and out of the classroom allowing students to become better Self-learners
COPEI ENGLISH INSTITUTE - Guayaquil, EcuadorAdministration & GeneralJune 2014 - February 2016 · 1 year and 9 months
• Trained both adults and teens with an average of 16 students per class • Provided tutoring support and designed individualized learning plans for students with learning difficulties and gifted learners • Established an open-door policy, improving communication with students and parents
Le Figaro Cafe - New York, NY, United StatesF&B otherJune 2004 - August 2005 · 1 year and 3 months
• Assisted guests' with making menu choices in an informative and helpful fashion. • Appropriately suggested additional items to customers to increase restaurant sales. • Effectively communicated with kitchen staff regarding customers dietary needs and other special requests. • Regularly checked on guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages. • Consistently adhered to quality expectations and standards • Routinely cleaned table linens table settings, glassware, windowsills, carpets, counters, floors, storage areas, and service refrigerators
Casa Grande, University - Guayaquil, EcuadorAugust 2013 - September 2014
TEFL is the acronym for Teaching English as a Foreign Language, or simply, English language instruction for non-native speakers, designed to raise awareness of teaching methodology and the grammar and phonology of English. Designed to provide educators with a basic working knowledge of these subjects and how to teach them effectively.
Completed 30 credits toward Associate's Degree in Business Management
La Guardia Community College (CUNY) - New York, NY, United StatesAugust 2002 - December 2006
Business Management typically includes core subjects, including marketing, accounting, economics and finance. These subjects are the background in how businesses work, from how products are sourced and manufactured to how they are marketed and sold and finally, to how the money is managed and used to grow the business.
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
Date of birth
August 10th 1970
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Able to work independently
- Capability to work under pressure
- Manage time effectively
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- Work confidently within a group