Join Hosco and view Joyce's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I would like to express my sincere desire to apply for any position at your company because I believe under your department, I can acquire valuable knowledge and skills to complement those that I have learned in school.
I graduated in Saint Paul University Dumaguete City, Philippines taking up Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management. I’m very determined and highly motivated person. I do take my job seriously but I’m able to see things in perspective and believe I’m quite easy-going to work with. I’m an optimist rather than a pessimist but I’m also a realist and I cope well when the going gets tough; I’m very good at finding solutions to problems. Above all, I would say I’m a positive and enthusiastic person and I relish a challenge.
Details of these accomplishment are contained in my enclosed resume. Thank you for your consideration. And I hope to meet with you soon.
Joyce Lea A. Tifora
Kingfisher Lodge - Kalba, United Arab EmiratesHousekeepingJanuary 2018 - September 2018 · 9 months
• Supervise and instruct hotel housekeeping staff. • Attend daily meetings for special instructions. • Carry out Guests special request. • Assigns workers their duties and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. • Report damages, losses and shortages in supplies. • Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action. • Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies. • Conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies and work procedures. • Demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment. • Performs cleaning duties in cases of emergency or staff shortage. • Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff. • Advises manager, desk clerk, or admitting personnel of rooms ready for occupancy. • Monitor room status and release rooms to the Front Office Department to maintain an efficient operation • Preparing weekly schedules for employees
Coastal Inn - Dumaguete, PhilippinesHousekeepingJune 2016 - June 2017 · 1 year and 1 month
• Stock and sort supplies • Vacuum, clean, dust and polish guest rooms • Make beds, change sheets, remove and replace used towels and toiletries • Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards • Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests • Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets) as required
LANTAW NATIVE RESTAURANT - Dumaguete, PhilippinesF&B kitchenAugust 2015 - June 2016 · 11 months
• Maintains daily mis-en-place and prepares certain food items for the following days duties. • Has the ability and flexibility to work in all areas of the kitchen such as hot & cold line, Garde Manger and Banquet kitchen and be available for opening and closing shifts. • Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock. • Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices. • Ensure food is stored properly. • Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Sous Chef. • Maintains a clean and safe working environment. • Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Saint Paul Univeristy Dumaguete - Negros Island Region, PhilippinesJune 2012 - April 2015
Taking up Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creativity Skills
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Multitasking Skills
- Technical skills
- Time management skills