Join Hosco and view Karol's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
To date I have 13 years’ experience of managing and being part of an engineering department that’s within a hotel environment. I’m responsible for the operation and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment, plant, fire and life safety systems, HVAC, water treatment, building infrastructure and energy management systems over a portfolio of properties in central London.
My role also involves me overseeing FF&E, capital projects, annual departmental and utility budgets.
Setting up of PPM and service schedules in line with O&M manuals and manufacturers recommendations. Contract negotiation with suppliers and service providers.
Departmental staff training and development. I have managed this function both in single and multiple properties. Also being part of a pre-opening team and being part a new build fit out.
15 years and 3 months
Assistant Director of Engineering
Corinthia Hotel London - London, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceOctober 2018 - Now · 1 year and 4 months
Bvlgari Hotel London - London, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceJuly 2016 - October 2018 · 2 years and 4 months
1. Managing the maintenance of the physical plant, engineering facilities, all electrical and mechanical equipment, kitchen equipment, controls, fire safety systems and the interior and exterior of the entire hotel. 2. Leading and developing the team in the day to day maintenance operations of the hotel, liaising with other department managers, managing contractors on site and supervising preventative maintenance programs. 3. Ensuring we are fully compliant with all Health & Safety regulations and that regular safety inspections take place. 4. Proactively planning for capital replacement to ensure continuity of all maintenance services and developing implementing and managing energy conservation programs to minimize expenses. 5. Developing, implementing, and directing all emergency programs.
Amba Charing Cross Hotel London - London, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceSeptember 2015 - August 2016 · 1 year
1. Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition 2. Develop, implement and direct all emergency programs 3. Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses 4. Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively 5. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned 6. Responsible for the health and safety and security of the hotel 7. Ensure monthly safety inspections take place and employees are trained accordingly
The Grosvenor Hotel - Victoria - London, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceApril 2014 - September 2015 · 1 year and 6 months
1. Ensuring that the planned and reactive maintenance function is carried out in accordance with the O & M manuals. 2. Setting up and administration of maintenance contracts. 3. Management of contractors to ensure adherence to contractual elements, quality, safety and cost effectiveness. 4. Advice in a technical capacity in determining the best solution to reactive/preventative maintenance problems in value for money terms to ensure equipment, service or building can perform to its required function. 5. Ensure that all statutory obligations are met, with regard to plant regulations, safe systems of work etc. 6. To maintain and control an accessible record system. 7. Organizing small works projects within predetermined budgets.
Assistant Chief Engineer
Town Hall Hotel, 196 Bishopsgate, One Leicester Street - Unlisted Collection - London, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceJune 2011 - April 2014 · 2 years and 11 months
UNLISTED COLLECTION: HOTELS & RESTAURANTS - SINGAPORE | SHANGHAI | LONDON London: Town Hall Hotel, 196 Bishopsgate, One Leicester Street 1. Responsible for all building and grounds related issues of the property. 2. Review contracts and systems to ensure that the property adheres to all current legislation and the contracts in place are compliant with O&M manuals and best value for money. 3. Projects manage both in house team and external agencies for ongoing refurbishment schemes. 4. To draw upon my experience to modernize both the property and hotel operation. 5. Control of BMS system to ensure the correct environment is maintained. 6. Responsible for all the Maintenance and Fire related issues of the property.
KarBud - Torun, PolandEngineering & MaintenanceJanuary 2010 - March 2011 · 1 year and 3 months
1. Planning and developing the fit-outs, refubrishments and Design & Build projects to make sure property continue to meet buisnees and services needs. 2. Keeping up to date with technology and innovation. 3. Offering a wide range of after-care and continuing support services.
Maintenance Shift Supervisor
The Belfry - Sutton Coldfield, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceMay 2008 - December 2009 · 1 year and 8 months
1. Part of a multi disciplined team carrying out both planned and reactive maintenance 2. Operation and control of integrated BMS system 3. Responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels of all plumbing equipment and stores 4. Carrying out weekly statutory testing such as Fire Alarm and EM Lighting 5. Assist the Property Manager in capex projects 6. Participate in a rolling 24/7 shift pattern
Senior Shift Engineer
City Inn Hotel - Manchester, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceJune 2007 - May 2008 · 1 year
1. Part of a multi disciplined team carrying out both planned and reactive maintenance 2. Operation and control of integrated BMS system 3. Responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels of all plumbing equipment and stores 4. Carrying out weekly statutory testing such as Fire Alarm and EM Lighting 5. Was part of the hotel Pre-Opening Team and assisted the Property Manager in setting up all the PPM systems and procedures
The Palace Hotel - Manchester, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceMay 2005 - May 2007 · 2 years and 1 month
1. Part of a multi disciplined team carrying out both planned and reactive maintenance 2. Operation and control of integrated BMS system 3. Responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels of all plumbing equipment and stores 4. Carrying out weekly statutory testing such as Fire Alarm and EM Lighting 5. Also formed part of the Fire Evacuation Marshall Team 6. Participated in the Duty Manager/Security team for key events
Best Western International - Stafford, United KingdomEngineering & MaintenanceAugust 2004 - March 2005 · 8 months
1. Carrying out routine maintenance tasks such as decoration/plumbing and joinery 2. Adhering to PPM schedules 3. Weekly statutory testing 4. Formed part of the 24/7 Emergency Call Out coverage
Engineer’s Degree Field Of Study Level 3 Facility Management Advanced
Westminster Kingsway College London - London, United KingdomApril 2014 - June 2016
Bachelor Field Of Study Tourism and Hotel Industry Grade Technician of attendance touristic movement
Superior Pomeranian School of Tourism and Hotel Industry in Bydgoszcz - Bydgoszcz, PolandSeptember 2001 - July 2004
Master’s Degree Field Of Study Technician of Gastronomy
Gastronomic Technical College in Toruń - Torun, PolandSeptember 1996 - July 2000
Native or fluent
Date of birth
November 08th 1981