Join Hosco and view Khalid's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
• Charismatic and ambitious Finance, Sales, and Business Development Manager with over 20 years experience in UAE.
• Two decades hands-on exposure to Hospitality Industry & Customer Service experience in Finance and Credit, and Sales in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
• Demonstrated team player who believes in the values of team work and collaboration.
• Superior people management skills with a flair to creating and training new teams and coaching junior staff into understanding job core values.
Sales Manager - Corporate & Government Affairs
Sofitel Dubai Downtown - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesSales & MarketingApril 2015 - Now · 3 years and 8 months
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include: Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service. Exceed personal sales goals, monthly, quarterly, annually, through account development and maintenance, regular sales calls, entertainment and sales trips/tradeshows. Support goals, objectives, and philosophies of Accor Hotels and Resorts. Develop lead sources through prospecting, solicitation, referrals, trace files, and cold calls. Conducts site inspections with prospective and existing clients. Develops and implements new sales strategies, tactics and action plans for account base. Coordinate and financially manage sales trips, including reports or activity pertaining to the specific market. Maintain active membership in industry related organizations and associations pertaining to the specific market. Assist other sales and catering managers and refer group and catering leads and other sources of business for hotel through active solicitation of account base Attend Sales Meetings, office events, and hotel-sponsored functions. Prepare for and attends daily sales meetings, weekly sales & marketing meeting and other meetings as necessary. Responsible to submit weekly sales report to the Director of Sales. Maintain and update current account information in Opera and hard files. Involvement in industry Functions and/or trade shows, FAM visits and Industry Events. Assist with any other duties as requested by supervisors and management.
Credit & Receivables Manager
Yas Hotel Abu Dhabi (Operated by Marriott International) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingSeptember 2009 - April 2014 · 4 years and 8 months
IHG - InterContinental Hotels Group - Al Ain, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingJanuary 2008 - July 2009 · 1 year and 7 months
Abu Dhabi Golf Club by Sheraton - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingJanuary 2000 - November 2007 · 7 years and 11 months
Membership and Credit Management
Various Hospitality Posts
Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesBack OfficeMay 1997 - December 1999 · 2 years and 8 months
Cashiering, Reception, F&B, Accounting clerk, Auditing, Receivables
The American University in Cairo - Cairo, EgyptSeptember 1992 - February 1997
Specialization in middle eastern history and economy
ArabicNative or fluent100%