Join Hosco and view Lauryn's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I love being organised, staying on top of things and getting things done - this is how I knew Events was the perfect sector for me. I have recently started working in the hospitality industry, it is vital to have an idea of what you're getting into before going out into the real world.
Skills I acquire include
Besides from Events, another big interest of mine is dancing. I have danced for 15 years in Centre Stage Dance School and I am a dedicated team player. I also teach hip hop class to children aged from 11 years up to 15 years.
Carlton Hotels - Dublin, IrelandFront Office receptionMarch 2017 - Now
• Assist guests checking in and out of the hotel on a daily basis • Record personal information of guests and payment transactions • Think quickly in order to respond to any given situation whether it be a complaint or a query • Plan ahead and stay organised I am currently a receptionist in the Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport. It is amazing to see all elements of the hospitality industry day in day out. Getting into the hospitality industry can be difficult if you do not know what position you want to work in, for me, a receptionist is a step in the right direction.
Coca Cola Hellenic Ireland - Dublin, IrelandEventsMarch 2016 - February 2017
• Gained Event Management experience • Developed time management skills • Improved communication and team building skills
McDonald's - Artane, IrelandOtherOctober 2013 - February 2017
• Discovered and developed customer care skills • Managed birthday party bookings as well as delivering the service on the day • Strengthened leadership, communication and team skills • Coached others
Dublin Institute of Technology, School of Hospitality Management and Tourism and School of Culinary Arts & Food Technology [ HSD ] - Dublin, IrelandSeptember 2015 - Now
• Modules studied include Accounting, Human Resource Management, Event Production & Staging, Event Planning and Database and Software • Projects undertaken as part of my degree include planning a live event. As General Manager of my team, we organised a Strictly Come Dancing Event in aid of St. Paul’s Special School in Beaumont. The night was a sell out and a huge success and we raised nearly €6,500 • Another course requirement is to complete 200 hours of event work experience. I volunteered at a number of different events as well as running some small ones myself including a Christmas Day for a local Pre-School
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Excellent customerservice
- Excellent leadership
- Good communication skill
- Highly organized
- Managing a team
- On time
- Stong team work
- Strong time management