Join Hosco and view Luis's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I have a passion for the hospitality industry and I am a quick learner who can easily adapt to new environments. I have a lot to offer. My Tourism Management Services degree allowed me to gain experience in the operating and the managing areas as well as improve my customer service skills in the hotel industry. Furthermore, my Masters’ degree helped me to understand more about how to lead the human resource and manage the financial and technological resources to improve processes with the aim to maximize profit
Rove Hotels - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRevenue ManagementApril 2017 - Now · 1 year and 8 months
Working in the Revenue and Distribution Management Department managing five 3-star Hotels (1630 Tot. room inventory). Reporting to Director of Revenue and Group Director of Distribution. Projects • CRS Migration and switch over from SynXis to TravelClick for 5 properties • PMS migration and switch over from Protel to Opera for 4 properties • Meta-search platform implementation • Part-responsible for EzRMS implementation for 5 properties • Part of the pre-opening team of Rove Dubai Marina Responsibilities: - Maintain accurate Hotel content and ARI across various online channels - Build new rate plans and map them to our connected/new partners - Involved in offers strategies - Monitor partner’s production performance - Prepare weekly and month end BRM reports - Analyze pace reports along with data insights from OTAs and Retailing Insights to understand the market trends and adjust our revenue strategies accordingly - Utilize and implement various tools to engage our web visitors and turn their inspiration into conversion - Work along with Revenue, Sales, Marketing, Reservations and Hotel Managers - Partially involved in Revenue tasks
Kerzner International - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRevenue ManagementAugust 2015 - March 2017 · 1 year and 8 months
Worked in the Distribution Management Department for the corporate office of the management company, Kerzner International, managing the ultra-luxury brands: Atlantis, One&Only and Mazagan. Responsibilities: • Manage, utilize and maintain all online channels content and ARI. • Maintain and update PMS, CRS and onward distribution channels with rate & restrictions. • Prepare daily, weekly and month end pick up reports. • Assist the Director of Distribution in analyzing partner’s production and performance. • Keep track of month end production of all offers live on Brand website and OTAs. • Building new products and new direct connect implementations. • Assist Marketing Department with creation of new packages and offers on brand website and third parties. • Perform rate shops, by researching websites from third parties, tour operators and direct to hotel. • Assist Kerzner International hotels for their PMS and CRS set up. • Maintain highly standards of data quality through system maintenance and audits.
Revenue Management and Reservations Trainee
Gloria Hotel - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRevenue ManagementFebruary 2015 - August 2015 · 7 months
•Prepare daily, weekly and monthly Revenue reports and Owner’s Report of both Gloria Hotel and Yassat Gloria Hotel and Apartments (2,015 rooms total capacity) • Responsible for the management and Rate loading of the Distribution Channels as PMS, GDS, SynXis and OTAs • Monitor availability and rates for both hotels to offer the Best Available Rates with the focus on increasing revenue • Daily update of the STR report • Analyze the Rate Shop of our Comp Set • Assisting in the weekly Revenue meeting and the Owners’ meeting • Prepare the Business Mix for each Hotel • Responsible for Groups reservations • Supervise reservations have been updated with the correct Market, Rate Code and Source • Work along with the Cluster Revenue Manager and the Cluster Reservations Manager • Help Assistants Reservation Manager in their operations • Create reservations and profiles in Opera PMS
Hostal El Centurion - EuropeOtherAugust 2013 - August 2014 · 1 year and 1 month
• Update and analyze the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry • Analyze accounting and financial results • Monitor availability and rates to offer the Best Available Rates to increase revenue • Analyze the 5 main competitors to create strategies and take actions to have a better impact in the market • Increase marketing by working with OTAs, TAs and Discount Website • Acquire of goods, supplies and services • Recruit, train and supervise employees to meet and exceed guest’s satisfaction • Ensure guests satisfaction by analyzing guests survey data • Fully involved in the preparation and presentation of weekly meetings, monthly reports and annual budgets • Sponsor tourism events taking place in the city • Attend to monthly meetings of the Association of Hotels and Restaurants (AHORA La Libertad) • Attend to tourism events to be aware of the new trends in the touristic market • Create SOPs to reduce mistakes by improving the working process and the customer service Achievements: • Increased reve
Front Office Manager
Hostal El Centurión - EuropeOtherMarch 2012 - July 2013 · 1 year and 6 months
• Greeted guests in a warm and friendly manner • Scheduling the staff for a better performance • Replied to inquiries and followed up with every potential customer to make sure they had all the answers needed before booking our hostel • Ensured that all of our guests were completely satisfied and always asked for feedback • Communicated messages and received phone calls • Made decisions based on the impact on the business and urgency of the situation • Supervise every staff’s duty to reduce mistakes • Send the daily reports from the system, New Hotel Cloud One PMS, to the manager Achievements: • Awarded with the Excellence Certificate in Hospitality by TripAdvisor (2012) as a result of improved customer service.
Sales Staff and Rental Technician
Specialty Sports Venture - EuropeOtherDecember 2009 - March 2010 · 4 months
• Sales staff and rental technician. • Cashier. • Provided excellent customer service Achievements: • Increased revenue with 10% from the previous year
Master of International Business in Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School - Leysin, SwitzerlandSeptember 2014 - January 2015
SpanishNative or fluent100%
- MS Excel
- Opera PMS
- OTA Knowledge
- Protel PMS
- SynXis - CRS