Join Hosco and view Luis's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am passionate, fast paced and dynamic hotelier with ownership mindset. Able to multi-task, reliable, energetic and work smart to achieve company targets.
7 years and 9 months
Rove Hotels - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRevenue ManagementApril 2017 - Now · 2 years and 9 months
Working in the Revenue and Distribution Management Department managing six 3-star Hotels (2,209 Tot. room inventory). Reporting to Director of Revenue and Group Director of Distribution. ACHIEVEMENTS • Rove Dubai Marina awarded by Expedia as Rookie of the Year in 2018. • Rove Trade Centre awarded by Expedia as Rookie of the Year in 2017. • Exceeded 2018 Online Contribution Target from 50% to 57.9%. PROJECTS • Pre-opening of Rove Dubai Marina (2018) and Rove At The Park (opening in June 2019) • EzRMS implementation (2018) & Rates and Restrictions upload to iHotelier (2019) • Kognitiv Meta-search platform implementation (2018) • CRS Migration and switch over from SynXis to TravelClick for 5 properties (2018) • PMS migration and switch over from Protel to Opera for 4 properties (2017) Responsibilities: - Maintain accurate Hotel content and ARI across various online channels - Build new rate plans and map them to connected/new partners - Involved in Revenue tasks - Monitor partner’s production performance - Prepare weekly and month end BRM reports - Analyze pace reports along with data insights from OTAs and Retailing Insights to understand the market trends and adjust our revenue strategies accordingly - Utilize and implement various tools to engage our web visitors and turn their inspiration into conversion - Work along with Revenue, Sales, Marketing, Reservations and Hotel Managers
Kerzner International - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRevenue ManagementAugust 2015 - March 2017 · 1 year and 8 months
Worked in the Distribution Management Department for the corporate office of the management company, Kerzner International, managing the ultra-luxury brands: Atlantis, One&Only and Mazagan. Responsibilities: • Manage, utilize and maintain all online channels content and ARI. • Maintain and update PMS, CRS and onward distribution channels with rate & restrictions. • Prepare daily, weekly and month end pick up reports. • Assist the Director of Distribution in analyzing partner’s production and performance. • Keep track of month end production of all offers live on Brand website and OTAs. • Building new products and new direct connect implementations. • Assist Marketing Department with creation of new packages and offers on brand website and third parties. • Perform rate shops, by researching websites from third parties, tour operators and direct to hotel. • Assist Kerzner International hotels for their PMS and CRS set up. • Maintain highly standards of data quality through system maintenance and audits.
Revenue Management and Reservations Trainee
Gloria Hotel - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRevenue ManagementFebruary 2015 - August 2015 · 7 months
•Prepare daily, weekly and monthly Revenue reports and Owner’s Report of both Gloria Hotel and Yassat Gloria Hotel and Apartments (2,015 rooms total capacity) • Responsible for the management and Rate loading of the Distribution Channels as PMS, GDS, SynXis and OTAs • Monitor availability and rates for both hotels to offer the Best Available Rates with the focus on increasing revenue • Daily update of the STR report • Analyze the Rate Shop of our Comp Set • Assisting in the weekly Revenue meeting and the Owners’ meeting • Prepare the Business Mix for each Hotel • Responsible for Groups reservations • Supervise reservations have been updated with the correct Market, Rate Code and Source • Work along with the Cluster Revenue Manager and the Cluster Reservations Manager • Help Assistants Reservation Manager in their operations • Create reservations and profiles in Opera PMS
Hostal El Centurion - EuropeOtherAugust 2013 - August 2014 · 1 year and 1 month
• Update and analyze the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry • Analyze accounting and financial results • Monitor availability and rates to offer the Best Available Rates to increase revenue • Analyze the 5 main competitors to create strategies and take actions to have a better impact in the market • Increase marketing by working with OTAs, TAs and Discount Website • Acquire of goods, supplies and services • Recruit, train and supervise employees to meet and exceed guest’s satisfaction • Ensure guests satisfaction by analyzing guests survey data • Fully involved in the preparation and presentation of weekly meetings, monthly reports and annual budgets • Sponsor tourism events taking place in the city • Attend to monthly meetings of the Association of Hotels and Restaurants (AHORA La Libertad) • Attend to tourism events to be aware of the new trends in the touristic market • Create SOPs to reduce mistakes by improving the working process and the customer service Achievements: • Increased reve
Front Office Manager
Hostal El Centurión - EuropeOtherMarch 2012 - July 2013 · 1 year and 6 months
• Greeted guests in a warm and friendly manner • Scheduling the staff for a better performance • Replied to inquiries and followed up with every potential customer to make sure they had all the answers needed before booking our hostel • Ensured that all of our guests were completely satisfied and always asked for feedback • Communicated messages and received phone calls • Made decisions based on the impact on the business and urgency of the situation • Supervise every staff’s duty to reduce mistakes • Send the daily reports from the system, New Hotel Cloud One PMS, to the manager Achievements: • Awarded with the Excellence Certificate in Hospitality by TripAdvisor (2012) as a result of improved customer service.
Sales Staff and Rental Technician
Specialty Sports Venture - EuropeOtherDecember 2009 - March 2010 · 4 months
• Sales staff and rental technician. • Cashier. • Provided excellent customer service Achievements: • Increased revenue with 10% from the previous year
Master of International Business in Hotel, Resort and Spa Management
SHMS Swiss Hotel Management School - SwitzerlandSeptember 2014 - January 2015
Native or fluent
Date of birth
October 30th 1990
- Channel Manager
- Distribution channels
- MS Excel
- Opera PMS
- OTA Knowledge
- Protel PMS
- SynXis - CRS