Join Hosco and view Manuel's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a young, empathic and positive person who likes to share ideas and collaborate with others. I tend to be very pro-active and determined in my actions with a logical approach to quickly perform tasks. Moreover, I am ambitious and I always try to carry a professional behavior in every work situation. I have the capacity to work under pressure and I always strive to learn something new from every experience since I believe there is always room for self-improvement both personally and professionally.
SORLEK GESTION 2020 - San Sebastián, SpainFront Office receptionFebruary 2017 - Now
Hotel Maria Cristina - Luxury Collection - San Sebastián, SpainFront Office porterMarch 2016 - November 2016
Barcelo Hotel Group - San Sebastián, SpainFront Office receptionMarch 2016 - December 2016
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels - Brussels, BelgiumHuman ResourcesAugust 2015 - November 2015
- Assuming responsibility for the management of trainees within the hotel; - Handling applications for full time jobs, trainees and student jobs; - Managing the hotel’s online presence in terms of job postings and requests; - Welcoming and inducing new employees, trainees and part time employees; - Assisting the Human Resources coordinator with the department’s administrative tasks; - Assisting the Human Resources Coordinator with the hotel’s and the department’s communication and collaboration with third party organisations and people; - Providing efficient, prompt, courteous, trouble-free and proactive service to customers and colleagues, hence maximizing guest satisfaction. Among other tasks.
W Barcelona - Spain, IrelandF&B serviceAugust 2013 - November 2015
Worked 4 months in the B&F department mainly as a waiter, banqueting, assistent of barmen and room service. As a waiter, I mainly had the job of taking orders of food and drinks to customers at breakfast, lunch and dinner time. Professionaly I gained certain skills such as having the ability to deal with the hustle and bustle with a positive attitude to deliver good customer service. Moreover I become a more people oriented by presenting a friendly and upbeat attitude by giving recommendations and listen to customer needs. Dealing with customers complaints was also an important challenge for me. The job helped as well to become a more quick thinker in order to adapt to any problem or unexpected situation that might happen and do it quickly. For example, if a food order is delayed, I needed to figure out a solution to appease the customer, or for instance if there is something that run out of stock I would have to give recommendation to something similar asked in order to give an appropriate alternative. Rec
Aalborg Student Radio - Aalborg, DenmarkOtherApril 2013 - July 2015
- Live radio broadcast; - Conduct and structure radio interviews; - Develop networking among music labels, publishers and music distributors; - Voluntary work with events related to the radio itself; - Active presence in strategic issues related to radio development and implementation of radio rules.
Canblau - Aalborg, DenmarkF&B kitchenApril 2013 - July 2015
Empor Spirits - Lisbon, PortugalSales & MarketingSeptember 2011 - December 2011
- Distribution of beverages to the diverse clients, including banks, private shops or single persons. - Organize company’s inventory.
Futebol Clube Barreirense - Barreiro, PortugalEventsSeptember 2007 - June 2010
After an invitation by the president of the club as a recognition for the time spent as a player (since 8 years old) I decided to join the coaching field. Since 2007 until 2011, I teached basketball fundaments to kids from 7 to 14 years old in four different stages. This experience gave me an enourmous self-esteem as well as leadership skills as a part of the coaching process. Helped by other coaches in the club, I gained various coaching skills and my knowledge for basketball increased much more in terms of being in the other side of the game. Being a coach englobes much more than only teaching and having good knowledge for the specific sport, it also includes a whole conection between members of the club and outside public.
Bachelor Degree - International Hospitality Management
University College of Northern Denmark (UCN) - Aalborg, DenmarkAugust 2012 - January 2016
Economics, Activity Budget, Distribution of Costs, Yield and Revenue Management, Human Resources, Strategy and Business Plan, Theory of Science, Organizational Culture, Concepts of Culture, Consumer Behavior, Radical New Thinking, Leadership.
PortugueseNative or fluent100%
- Problem solver