Join Hosco and view Mariano's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I consider myself a person who is always ready to face a new challenge. Throughout my professional career I have been improving and joining new skills which allow me to know how to perform in any hotel in the world and how to lead it to success.
Right now I am in search of a new international destination where I can add more experience to my career and in return give my talent and experience to a new chain.
13 years and 5 months
IBB Hotel Recoletos Coco Salamanca **** - Salamanca, SpainManagementFebruary 2019 - Now · 1 year
Responsible for the management of a 4 star hotel with: 82 rooms; the largest pool in a city hotel; a diaphoretic room "Recoletos" without columns with greater capacity of the whole city, more than 700 square meters and can accommodate up to 400 people; a restaurant lounge "Tristán", with 315 square meters, welcomes up to 150 diners in banquet; a lounge "La Antigua" has a capacity of 260 square meters, a multipurpose room, have a capacity of 100 square meters and a bar.
IBB Blue Hotel Paradis Blau *** - Ciutadella de Menorca, SpainManagementMarch 2017 - February 2019 · 2 years
• Responsible for the management of the hotel and the achievement of the objectives and fulfillment of the budgets. • Training, development and management of a multicultural team • Ensure that health, safety and hygiene standards are met. • Make sure that the lights, electricity, gas and water are not used unnecessarily. • Make sound decisions and solve problems • Plan, organize and coordinate the entire operation of the hotel (including customer services, management of staff and hotel management). • Hire and allocate new staff members. • Monitor and control staff performance to ensure efficiency and compliance with policies and procedures. • Consult and collaborate with heads of departments to ensure coordination of hotel activities. • Check the quality to ensure the expected standards in customer services, decoration, domestic service, food, etc. • Develop and promote marketing strategies. • Manage and coordinate accounting, budgets, and statistical calculations, calculate operating figures, set room rates and strive to achieve profit objectives. • Supervise maintenance, stocks and furniture, deal with contractors and suppliers, and ensure effective security. • Answer questions regarding hotel policies and services, and address customer complaints and comments. • Ensure compliance with health, safety, licensing and other legal norms. • Maintain a quality service by establishing and enforcing the standards of the organization.
Bestwood Lodge Hotel *** - Nottingham, United KingdomManagementOctober 2016 - November 2016 · 2 months
• Motivating a large hotel team to deliver service standards • Driving a sales and marketing strategy • Meeting budgets and exceeding revenue targets • Networking at dinners and functions • Oversee overall day to day operations as delegated by the General Manager. • Ensuring the front desk provides a professional and friendly service for customers • Troubleshooting emergencies • Scheduling the staff Rota • Diplomacy and communication skills to handle any complaints and emergencies in a level-headed manner • Multitask • Getting involved in hands on training • Inducting new staff • Monitoring and implementing personal development plans and appraisals for staff • Communicating with departmental managers • Troubleshooting or mediating when there are staff disputes • Ensuring the decisions of the hotel general manager are carried out. • Overseeing all departments • Recruiting, training and motivating the staff • Doing regular stock-takes and ordering as necessary • Handling deliveries • Enforcing health and safety
Assistant General Manager
Best Western Westminster **** - Nottingham, United KingdomManagementJanuary 2014 - January 2016 · 2 years and 1 month
• To respond to Customer Requirements and obtain feedback on Customer Satisfaction. • Ensure that all tasks carried out by staff are monitored and reviewed on a daily basis. • Oversee overall day to day operations as delegated by the General Manager. • Assist the General Manager with Purchasing, Budgeting, Stock Controls & Paperwork as necessary • Ensure security is effective. • Ensure Events and Conferences run smoothly. • Pro-actively market and sell the Hotel including Conference & Banqueting facilities. • Liase with the General Manager on all Personnel issues to include Recruitment, Training and Discipline and Grievance and ensure that such information is delivered in a timely and appropriate manner. • Ensuring that all Health & Safety/SFBB (Safer Food Better Business) Kitchen Policies and Procedures are effective and being adhered to. • To maintain an awareness of new Legislation, Developments, Trends and Practices and to report on any subjects which might contribute to the effectiveness and efficien
Hotel Cala San Vicenç ***** - Cala de Sant Vicent, SpainManagementMarch 2013 - October 2013 · 9 months
• Responsible for the organising and running of the Hotel • Carry out duty management shifts when required • Ensuring guest satisfaction is always exceed to encourage return visits • Recruiting and training of new staff • Monitoring and meeting revenue targets • Dealing with health and safety issues • Liaising with all departments on a daily basis
Hotel Oro Playa **** - Palma, SpainManagementApril 2005 - October 2012 · 7 years and 7 months
• Day to day responsibility for monitoring every department, including housekeeping, supermarket, bars, restaurants, kitchen services and animation services. • Directly responsible for handling VIP guests • Liaison with agents and tour operators requests with time-sensitive issues • Maximize sales and revenues by selling products and services to prospective clients
IFBB & NASM Academy - Les Mallorquines, SpainApril 2005 - May 2006
Accounting bachelors degree
Schiller International University (SIU Largo FL Campus)March 1992 - November 1996
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
Date of birth
September 10th 1978