Join Hosco and view Marie Katthy's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a versatile character that adapts to a lot of different situations and personalities while staying authentic to myself and my beliefs.
I am a hardworking individual for whom putting in extra hours is not something to be feared of.
Having grown up in two different countries with such different cultures have made me be able to open myself to the world and understand that people are different which makes the world exciting.
I am currently learning to speak Mandarin to broaden my horizons
Global Sales Coordinator
Dorchester Collection - London, United KingdomSales & MarketingJuly 2018 - Now · 5 months
Headquartered in London, Dorchester Collection is a luxury hotel management company owning nine of the world’s finest luxury hotels in Europe and the US. • Reporting to the global director of sales and 11 Regional Sales directors; main duties included: providing administrative support to international sales team, assisting with diary management, arranging calls and meetings, handling invoices, monthly corporate bank statements, coordinating office events, managing marketing collaterals and gifts stock, liaising with suppliers for 2019 corporate gifts projects amongst other tasks. • Coordinating and compiling all data (revenue, account production, profit increases, Delphi integrity) relating to Regional directors goals for end of year Bonus project. • Pulling a variety of sales reports such as production, MICE lead report, definite and prospecting business. • Coordinating administration, shipments, catering and booth organisation/set up for international tradeshows such as IMEX Vegas 2018, ILTM Cannes 2018 and other AMEX TLS tradeshows. • Collating weekly updates from international sales team to hand to Global Director of sales. • Assisting and coordinating internal DC events for sales such as FAM trips and DC sales week. • Handling all marketing collateral orders from the different properties as well as DC London office. • Inputting enquiries into Delphi for MICE Regional Director and send to properties via Meetings Broker.
Sales and marketing Coordinator
Sofitel London Gatwick - Bristol, United KingdomSales & MarketingMay 2017 - July 2018 · 1 year and 3 months
• Administrative tasks such as manning the phones, checking emails, ordering stationery stocks when necessary, updating office boards, preparing giveaway stock • Marketing tasks by assisting head of sales with marketing promotions such as mailings/launching collaterals, creating, monitoring and tracking marketing promotions, updating marketing content on social media, producing monthly newsletters, creating Christmas 2017 e-shot campaign • Sales tasks such as monthly data updates of production and revenue of room nights for corporate/leisure markets, rate loading on Accor distribution channel, carrying out research and project assisting as determined by Head of sales, compiling SWOT analysis of competition set, completing RFPs for both local corporate and global accounts on Accor sales force channel, updating RFP spreadsheets, recording sales activities such as blitzes, courtesy calls or show rounds, creating corporate contracts, flyers to support sales team, preparing and attending fam trips, preparing weekly and monthly reports for sales team, managing small corporate account base, lead generation through research or social media, attending monthly sales meeting and taking the sales minutes.
Resort Management Intern
Horizon Holidays - Tamarin, MauritiusManagement TraineeOctober 2016 - February 2017 · 5 months
Duties included: • Greeted and welcomed all Horizon guests with a smile upon their arrival at the villas. • Performed arrivals and departure procedures as per luxury hotel standard. • Recommended top dining and entertainment options for guests visiting the island. • Delivered messages, mail and packages left for guests and resort facilities in a timely manner • Updated team members about changes in Horizon products, services, pricing policies such as breakfast packages, transfers and excursions. • Managed a small housekeeping team for fifteen private beachfront villas. • Verified customers’ credit card and processed pre-authorisation as means of deposits. • Computed bills, collected payments and made changes for guests.
Food and beverage intern specialising in bar & events management
Muzika Jazz Bar - Moka, MauritiusCateringJune 2016 - September 2016 · 4 months
Internship provided by school, duties included: • Met, greeted and encouraged feedback from customers and used feedback to implement positive changes within the restaurant • Developed and maintained positive working relationships with others to reach business goals. • Guided guests through menus while demonstrating through knowledge of the food, beverages and ingredients. • Carefully pulled out guest chairs, placed clean and current menus in front of guests and recorded accurate drink orders. • Provided friendly and attentive service. • Effectively listened to, understood and clarified guest concerns and issues. • Continuously monitored dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety and well being of guests. • Prepared for large parties and reservations, anticipating planning and staffing needs • Organised special events in the restaurant, including receptions, promotions and corporate luncheons. • Purchased adequate quantities of necessary restaurant items. • Completed regular bar inventories and daily requisition sheets as requested. • Followed bar recipes to deliver consistent drink quality, control costs and maximise guest satisfaction. • Set up bar for operation, obtained cash bank and stocked the service bar
Conference & Banqueting Assistant
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa & Hotel - Stoke Poges, United KingdomF&B serviceApril 2016 - June 2016 · 3 months
University traineeship duties included various conference and banqueting tasks.
Events Operations Management Intern
Le Beaudelaire Café, French Insitute of Mauritius - Rose Hill, Beau Bassin-Rose Hill, MauritiusF&B serviceJune 2015 - February 2016 · 9 months
Internship provided by school, duties included: • Supervised kitchen staff for 20 people and ensured proper event set-up, food preparation, kitchen clean-up and shut down. • Demonstrated genuine hospitality while greeting and establishing rapport with guest through attentive and efficient service. • Answered telephone calls and responded to inquiries. • Assigned guests to tables suitable for their needs and according to station • Cleaned and organised eating, service , equipment and kitchen areas • Executed daily production lists and goals
Lux* Le Morne - Le Morne, MauritiusManagement TraineeOctober 2014 - May 2015 · 8 months
Introductory training to operational departments in hotel with 5* star luxury hotel brand standard. Departments were: Front Office, F&B, Housekeeping, Kitchen & Pastry
Customer Service Assistant
World Duty Free Group - London, United KingdomRetailJuly 2012 - February 2014 · 1 year and 8 months
• Provided an elevated customer experience to generate a loyal clientele. • Routinely answered customer questions regarding merchandise and pricing. • Managed a wide variety of administrative tasks to resolve customer issues quickly and efficiently. • Ensured superior customer experience by addressing customer concerns, demonstrating empathy and resolving problems on the spot. • Greeted customer entering the store to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed. • Recommended, selected and helped locate and obtain out-of- stock product based on customer requests. • Operated a POS system to itemise and complete customer purchases. Reason for leaving: Pursuing university course in Mauritius.
Vatel Mauritius - Quatre Bornes, MauritiusSeptember 2014 - Now
BSC International tourism and hospitality management
Vatel Mauritius - Quatre Bornes, MauritiusSeptember 2014 - Now
Level 1 Virgin - Air fares and ticketing
Central Sussex College - England, United KingdomSeptember 2009 - August 2010
National Diploma in travel and tourism (edexcel)
Central Sussex College - England, United KingdomSeptember 2008 - August 2010