Join Hosco and view Marlon's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I'm a hospitality professional with years of experience in a range of organisations, who holds a degree of MSc in Tourism and Hospitality from the University of Sunderland, England, as well as WSET Level 2 Intermediate in Wines and Spirits. During my recent roll I was privileged be a part of the team and in-charge of welcoming delegates of high profile events such as Art Dubai, Dubai film festival, World economic forum, GPCA summit and World Arab economic forum of which I was personally involved and handled the relevant requirements and guest requests.
As a team leader at Madinat Jumeirah ressort, I have demonstrated strong leadership qualities by supervising my team in a manner that ensured impeccable grooming, attention to detail and customer satisfaction were adhered to the hotel’s standards. This resulted in several positive LQA/Mystery shopper audits of which I have been recognised through “colleague of the month” and certificate of appreciations. Furthermore, as I'm passionate on training and people development I was recognized and assigned as departmental trainer, where I utilised my in-depth knowledge of food and beverage to train the new recruits and evaluate any training needs in order to design the appropriate training programs as required.
Currently, I'm exploring new opportunities within the hospitality industry, which will enable me to utilise my experience in contributing to achieving organisations goals and objectives, whilst developing further professionally.
10 years and 10 months
Madinat Jumeirah Resort - Jumeirah Group - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B otherFebruary 2014 - Now · 5 years and 5 months
• Directly working with the outlet manager on daily operations • Cost management and Menu engineering • Coordinating with chefs on special requests and checking on menu availability • Identifying training needs and training employees to the required standard • Handling and management of the outlets cash flow • Monitoring and maintaining the hygiene, health and safety standards • Interact daily with hotel and dining guests to promote brand and accept feedback
Food and Beverage Supervisor
Royal Automobile Club, London, United Kingdom - London, United KingdomF&B otherJune 2008 - October 2013 · 5 years and 5 months
• Conducting staff appraisals and setting development objectives • Assisting in the employee recruitment and selection process • Arranging weekly and monthly duty rosters and delegating work accordingly • Evaluating customer feedback and sending a prompt response to ensure all complaints are responded in a timely and appropriate manner • Monitoring and controlling the food and beverage stock inventory
• Master of Science in Tourism and Hospitality
University of Sunderland, England - Sunderland, United KingdomFebruary 2010 - February 2011
BTEC Advanced Professional Diploma, Level 7 in Strategic Hospitality Management (2010), St. Patrick’s College, London, England
Native or fluent
Date of birth
July 06th 1976
- Communication. Ability to Work Under Pressure,
- -Computer skills
- -Customer relationship
- Presentation skills
- Team Leadership
- Team Management