Join Hosco and view Mervin's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
An energetic and proactive professional in administration, logistics and procurement services. Adept at streamlining processes to minimise logistical costs, manage stock levels, control the order cycle and liaising with suppliers. Exemplary strategic planning for purchase procedures, scheduling delivery, checking stocks and negotiating competitive prices. Well organised with talent to function under pressure and work with people of diverse cultures. Proven expertise in:
• Procurement Strategies
• Invoice Processing
• Operational Management
• Filing & Data Archiving
• Retail Operations Management
• Administrative Support
• Strategic Planning
• Supply Chain Management
Al Masaood Jewellery - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesAdministration & GeneralMarch 2013 - March 2017
- Administrative Assistant : Completed 4 years at Al Masaood Jewellery and report to the Administration Manager (Mrs. Kartika Rajan). - Ensure support for documentation of import and export of Jewellery. Scheduling Jewellery export with Etihad Cargo Services and coordinating with the PRO for the needful. Helping in packing the Jewellery to be sent back. - Entering Jewellery records into the ERP system (Ace Gold) and tagging the purchased Jewellery. This included taking photos of Jewellery if not available. Creating price lists for the Jewellery when items come on consignment basis. - Preparing sales report at the end of every month and informing suppliers and entering invoices received into the system. - Communicates with suppliers through emails and phones calls for all day to day needs. - Oversee Human Resource related documents, such as Salary Certificate, Leave Application and resumption forms, Employee tickets for annual vacation, Vacation Planner, updating employee Salary details in master list. - Ordering of spare parts for watch repair. - Ordering Jewellery as per customer needs and for stock purpose. Registering and updating them in the Purchase Order Registry for everyone to view the status of orders. - Preparing LPOs / documentation for Stock purchases of Jewellery and delivering as per the Sales staff requirements. - Prepared quotations for tenders and invoices for clients like GHQ, Supreme Council National Security, Ministry of Interior. - Arranging documentation for Jewellery Exhibitions attended by us in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah. - Prepares documents for renewal of staff health card, health insurance claim, CCTV maintenance, alarm system. - Attended Abu Dhabi Customs training session on the new E-Clearance procedures of “Dhabi System”. Occasionally used to help the PRO in making Bill of Entry through the Dhabi System and solving issues related to the system. - Accomplished Secretarial functions, and send emails on behalf of the General Manager as advised. Taking down calendar appointments and reminding him as per necessity. Attending his guests in his absence. - Successfully implemented the Google Drive Project and Facebook Page. This included training the sales staff and management on working and maximizing the yield from both these Sales Tools. Facilitated implementation of RFID system. - Handles day to day IT related issues and ordering of IT devices. - Assists in the stock count at the end of the year for Jewellery. This includes reconciling sales floor, safe and system stock. - Attended the Gitex – Technology Week and Smart Stores Expo to source cheaper options for technology. - Liaised with our outsourced IT company and EBM to solve the issue for printing invoices remotely from the Ace Gold during the exhibitions by setting up a VPN connection to the server. - Executes the Media Plan for the yearly advertisements and also does Art Work editing whenever necessary. - Helped in editing art work and arranging for posters for the Exhibition counters during the exhibitions. Advised the General Manager on accommodating more suppliers in the Exhibition booth by changing the architecture of the stand in a special way.
Purchase and Logistics Executive
Al Shaya Trading - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesPurchasingJuly 2012 - January 2013
- Purchase and Logistics Executive : Worked for 5½ months at Al Shaya and report to the Purchasing & Logistics Manager - Mr. Ashwin Joseph. - My duties extend from the Logistics of 2 branches in Dubai and 2 in Abu Dhabi and Purchase and Logistics for Qatar. - For Qatar, taking quotations from suppliers and advising prices to the salesman and then creating purchase orders and logistics related procedures. - Procured quotations from forwarders on 20’, 40’ and LCL container loads and decided on which forwarder to use. - Tracking and following up on the material readiness and expediting shipment pickup with our suppliers and forwarders (Danzas / Freight System / Inchcape Shipping / KWE / Transworld / Logistica). - Follow up with suppliers for attested documents and arranging for customs clearance. - Calculating the total cost of containers arriving to the warehouses and entering into the ERP system. - Coordinating with the salesman and informing arrival dates and prioritizing on shipments that are urgent.
Customer Service Executive / Supply Chain
All Prints Distributors & Publishers - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesCustomer ServiceNovember 2009 - September 2011
- Customer Service Executive (Procurement / Supply Chain) : Worked for 2 years at All Prints and report to the Operations Manager – Mr. Ben Rozario. - Preparing quotations, purchase orders and placing orders and efficiently liaised with international publishers via Email or Phone for purchase of books. - Tracking and following up on the shipment with our shipper in UK, US and France. - Methodically analyzed customer needs and monitored and coordinated with our warehouses’ daily transactions and scheduled delivery for books to the various U.A.E schools assigned to me while adhering to the company policies. - Ensure that all school accounts that I handle are posted in the system and assure that the delivery orders and invoices are done through the Tender Maintenance System and that it is delivered along with the books on the delivery date. - Visiting the warehouse to list down the sample books, damaged books, extra books, wrong book deliveries, wrong supply of ISBNs/Barcode from different publishers so as to write off or do needful adjustment in the ERP system with approval from the Operations Manager. Assisting in annual stock take to make sure the delivery of all books have taken place. - Created a Publisher database with ISBNs which can be easily used for finding out a publisher. Here the ISBN is split into the Prefix and the following numbers in an excel sheet. Major orders accomplished: 1) Supply of Library Order to 7 Campuses throughout UAE for Institute of Applied Technology in 2011. 2) Academic Year - Book Supply for Ittihad Schools : Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al Ain for 2010 and 2011.
Mahatma Gandhi University, Abu DhabiSeptember 2010 - June 2012
Mahatma Gandhi University, Dubai Academic CityAugust 2006 - May 2009
Indian Islahi Islamic School, Abu DhabiApril 2004 - March 2006
Our Own English High School, Abu DhabiApril 1992 - March 2004
MalayalamNative or fluent100%
- Administrative Assistant
- Back Office
- Human resource
- Invoice Processing
- Office administration
- Supply chain