Join Hosco and view Moataz's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Skilled Chief Accountant adept at increasing work process efficiency and profitability through functional and technical analysis. Successful at advising multi-million corporations, small businesses and individual clients. Areas of expertise include asset allocation, investment strategy and risk management.
Strengths and Core Skills:
Budget and Forecasting Management
Accounting and Financial Operations
Effective Cash Management
Bank and LC Matters
Internal and External Audits
Credit Control Management
Systems and MS-Excel
Development and Operation
Develop reports for top management summarizing the business financial position in areas of income, expenses capital usage and cash flows and coordinate the preparation of strategic plans, budgets and financial forecast. Overseas and perform the accounting functions such as General Ledger Management, preparation of monthly financial statements and reports, balance sheets and cost analysis, account reconciliation and audit preparation. Determine financial objectives, designing and implementing systems, policies and procedures to facilitate internal financial control. Liaise with external audits, legal bodies and corporate offices for policies and procedures to ensure financial compliance. Manage day-to-day operations, including staff supervision.
Very good knowledge and understanding of latest in computer technologies and its integration. Well versed with ERP system, accounting software and MS-Excel.
Highlights of Qualifications:
Middle East (Egypt, Qatar and UAE) experience in Hospitality Industry and corporate
10 Years of work experience with a thorough understanding of the many facts of industry
Opening Lapita Dubai Parks and Resorts Autograph collection Hotel by Marriott International Managed a 80 million annual turnover
Extensive background in implementing systems Implementation of Value Added Tax (VAT) in UAE Speak: Arabic and English
Senior Chief Accountant
Paramount Hotel Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingJune 2019 - Now · 8 months
• In conjunction with Director of Finance hiring accounting staff and identifying appropriate training courses for staff and suggest ways to improve hotel opening. • Attend to the daily administration of the accounting office and identify and resolve problems in conjunction with respective members of staff. • Establish Finance policy and procedures. • Setup accounting back office and front office systems (Sun-System, Opera, Micros, OASys, FMC, etc.). • To liaise with other Department Heads regarding their performance against Preopening budget and provide them with information. • Participate in the taking of all inventories and verification of extensions. • Maintain cash control over receipts, house banks, bank account reconciliation and submitting required data to the Home Office. • Ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with accepted accounting principles and established policies and procedures. • Maintain a control over the Preopening Budget. • Signing (Supervise) cheques and ensuring A/P has reviewed authority and coded correctly. • Ensuring A/R maintains tight control over average age of debtors and if necessary, instigating credit meetings. • Together with Director of Finance, monitor cash flow. • Producing forecasts and assisting in preparation of fiscal budgets and re-forecasts. • Coordinate and prepare the Three-Month Outlook / Forecast. • Participate in the preparation of budgets, re-forecasts and strategic plans. • Prepare cash flow forecasts / projections. • Preparing and/or reviewing daily, weekly and monthly reports in accordance with reporting calendars, ensuring that all reports are submitted on a timely basis. • Assisting Director of Finance in preparation of special analysis as may be requested by hotel Opening team members. • Prepare any necessary project status summary and additions/disposals to owners’ fixed asset schedule reports. • To assist in monitoring of operating department’s compliance to corporate and internal policies and procedures, and to implement new policies and procedures where necessary. • To ensure that all corporate reporting requirements and code of ethics are adhered to. • Reviewing contracts and auditing their annual financial returns. • Reviewing hotel management contract to ensure compliance. • Knowledge of computer system contingency plans • Replace the Director of Finance as and when required.
Chief Accountant Acting In-Charge of Finance Department
Grand Millennium Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingJuly 2018 - June 2019 · 1 year
• Engaging in Strategic Planning and Decision Making • Analyzes financial data and market trends. • Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans. • Analyzes differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning. • Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans • Protects and strengthens our competitive advantage by advocating and supporting sound business and financial decision making. • Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability. • Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks. • Communicates the strategic goals, the focus and the owner priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner. • Holds staff accountable for successful performance. • Supports property strategy from a finance and accounting perspective • Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines. • Ensures Profits and Losses are documented accurately. • Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc. • Ensures appropriate corrections are made to audit results if necessary. • Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy. • Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued. • Generates and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc. • Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes. • Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue, costs are recorded in the proper accounts). • Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.). • Understands the owners' perspective and ROI expectations. • Anticipates and addresses owner needs and involves ownership in key decisions. • Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the property's strategies and to lead own team. • Advises the GM and executive committee on existing and evolving operating/financial issues. • Facilitates critique meetings to review information with management team. • Attends owners’ meetings in order to provide context and explanation for financial results. • Attends meetings and communicates with the owners, understanding the priorities and strategic focus. • Demonstrates a commitment to meeting the needs of all key stakeholders. • Ensures new hires receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. • Creates appropriate development plans which develop team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
Claviger Middle East - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingApril 2017 - July 2018 · 1 year and 4 months
Manage and oversee the daily operations month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, budgeting, cash, forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity. • Initiate and schedule monthly, quarterly finance meetings with Claviger Middle East team as well as with Board of Directors. • Attend and participate in any meetings (department, communications etc.) as and when required. • Coordinate preparation of external audit materials and external financial reporting. • Review financial statements with management personnel. • Direct and maintain new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls. • Maintain records and ensure renewals are performed in a timely manner of all company’s agreements, operation contracts and liability contracts and policies • Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports and statements • Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles • Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions • Assign projects and direct employees to ensure compliance and accuracy • Meet financial accounting objectives • Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
Assistant Accounting Manager
Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Autograph Collection Hotels - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFinance/AccountingAugust 2016 - April 2017 · 9 months
• Setup and Run Sun System, Birch Street and Opera PMS. • Prepare for Preopening P&L and monthly P&L. • Prepare for Owners Reports. • A&L Month End Closing Reconciliations. • Coordinates and implements accounting work and projects as assigned. • Coordinates, implements and follows up on Accounting SOP audits for all areas of the property. • Performs accounting functions specifically in the areas of account balancing, ledger reconciliation, reporting and discrepancy resolution.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Doha Marriott Hotel - Doha, QatarFinance/AccountingNovember 2015 - August 2016 · 10 months
• Review and post invoices by uploading from Birch Street to Sun system. • Prepare suppliers and other payments. • A&L Reconciliation for Bank Accounts, Accruals JV, Advance to Suppliers, Stale Dated Cheques and prepaid accounts. • Working on ISRA audit and Owners audit points.
Accounts receivable Supervisor
Doha Marriott Hotel - Doha, QatarFinance/AccountingDecember 2013 - November 2015 · 2 years
• Responsible for Accounts Receivable (ISRA) Audit points. • Follow up for outstanding payments. • Daily review of the credit limit and Aging reports. • Credit meeting Minutes on a monthly basis.
Doha Marriott Hotel - Doha, QatarFinance/AccountingMarch 2013 - December 2013 · 11 months
Doha Marriott Hotel - Doha, QatarFinance/AccountingMarch 2012 - September 2013 · 1 year and 7 months
Accounts Receivable Clerk
Doha Marriott Hotel - Doha, QatarFinance/AccountingJuly 2012 - March 2013 · 9 months
Cairo Marrriott Hotel - Cairo, EgyptFinance/AccountingJanuary 2011 - March 2012 · 1 year and 3 months
Customer Service Agent
Piraeus Bank Giza Branch - Cairo, EgyptGuest RelationsJanuary 2010 - December 2010 · 1 year
Cairo Marriott Hotel - Cairo, EgyptFinance/AccountingMay 2009 - October 2009 · 6 months
Egyptian Stock Exchange Authority - Cairo, EgyptOtherJune 2008 - October 2008 · 5 months
Helwan University - Faculty of English Commerce and Foreign Trade. - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesJune 2006 - June 2011
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
Date of birth
July 01st 1988
- Creativity and innovation
- F&B micros
- Good communication
- Good in microsoft
- Opera PMS
- Solving problems
- Stong team work
- Strong time management
- Work hard