Join Hosco and view Mohamed's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a flexible and experienced HR Coordinator with excellent time management skills. I am a good communicator with proven inter personal skills and am used to working in a team whilst also being capable of using own initiative. I am skilled In dealing with problems in a resourceful manner.I am always enthusiastic to learn and undertake new challenges.
15 years and 6 months
HR Coordinator/Off-boarding Specialist
Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesApril 2015 - Now · 4 years and 11 months
Support the HR function by managing the entire off-boarding process for Jumeirah colleagues Main Duties • Issuing necessary documentation to the leaving colleague • Guiding the colleague throughout the entire off boarding process • Liaising with all involved internal parties to ensure smooth transition of company property • Liaising with external parties to arrange travel and relocation • Conduct regular management updates • Ensure all handover procedures are completed in an organized and efficient manner • Maintain appropriate records of all process steps • Maintain up to date records in the HR system • Constantly review associated repatriation processes and recommend changes for improvements and efficiencies • Analyze, recommend, implement and evaluate streamlined processes, procedures, systems and methods for human resource practices to maximize efficiency and effectiveness • Take responsibility for own development and education • Communicate in a professional, positive, transparent and courteous manner at all times with all levels of internal and external customers • Handle confidential matters/ information with the appropriate level of sensitivity
Human Resources Officer
Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesOctober 2010 - March 2015 · 4 years and 6 months
Support the HR function with administrative duties to facilitate smooth operation. Main Duties • Passport care for all colleagues in Jumeirah • Maintain records for incoming and outgoing passports • Update the HRMS with incoming and outgoing passport detail • Provide emergency service after office hours • Provide induction and onboarding services to new joining colleagues on their first day with Jumeirah • Assist new joining colleagues with opening a bank account in the UAE • Compile daily/weekly/monthly report and provide them to the management • Communicate with all internal and external customers in a friendly and courteous manner • Assist the department in all admin related tasks Other duties • Adhere to Jumeirah International’s Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and to promote them to colleagues on a constant basis, always leading by example • Take responsibility for own development and education • Respond to changes in departmental functions as dictated by the management • Maintain courteous and friendly atmosphere and good working relationships with all colleagues • As a department team member, ensure you project a good personal, department and company image • Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times • Have a complete understanding of all related policies and procedures • Ensure to keep the work areas clean and tidy
Jumeirah Group / Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesAugust 2006 - September 2010 · 4 years and 2 months
• Greet and assist new joining colleagues upon arrival at Dubai/Sharjah airport • Ensure the safety and security of colleagues is provided during their travel at all times • Maintain and service vehicles provided by the company • Prepare daily arrival/departure schedules • Collect and deliver internal mail • Provide services after office hours in case of emergency • Maintain a cash register for petty cash and official company expenses and provide all related documents to finance for validation. • Attend all training sessions. • Carry out any reasonable duties as requested by management.
Guest Service Assistant
Wild Wadi Waterpark - Jumeirah Group - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesRetailAugust 2005 - August 2006 · 1 year and 1 month
• Attend to all customers and ensure a high level of service is provided to all customers visiting the shop. • Be active in up and suggestive selling to increase the shops revenue. • Ensure all the items displayed are correctly tagged and priced, review and update regularly. • Ensure that the shop is well maintained i.e. tidy, clean, filled and all items are properly merchandised. • Ensure that there is enough stock in the drawers. • Report to the retail manager of items out of stock. • Report to the retail manager on customers’ reaction to merchandise. • Provide general assistance in the preparation of facilities for special functions, themed evening’s etc. • Communicate effectively with the guest and all members of the staff. • Maintain the highest standards in relation to personal grooming, presentation of uniform, time keeping and ensuring the guests leave with a favorable impression of the staff and facilities they have visited. • Attend training session. • Carry out any reasonable duties as requested by management.
Park Services Attendant
Wild Wadi Waterpark - Jumeirah Group - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesEngineering & MaintenanceSeptember 2004 - July 2005 · 11 months
• To report for duty on time wearing the correct uniform and name badge. To maintain high standards of personal appearance and hygiene and follow the Departmental grooming standards. • To ensure that all guest and staff areas assigned are clean and maintained to the required standard. • To clean and inspect all facilities, furniture and fixture and report any damage to a team leader to action. Administrational • Help with keeping track of keys by recording the date and time they take the keys and when it is being returned. • To assist with the monitoring of all incoming cleaning supplies required for the upkeep of public areas. Operational • To collect and dispose of rubbish from all garbage bins and public areas. • To collect pantry keys from the park services office and return them daily. • Walkways and picnic areas-continuously walk around sweeping up all the litter that is dropped and wiping down all picnic tables and benches after guest usage. • Changing rooms /toilet areas –make sure they are clean; have soap and toilet papers throughout the day. Keep the floor as dry as possible. • To attend all staff training sessions as scheduled.
Arya Boys Secondary School - Nairobi, KenyaFebruary 1998 - June 2001
Native or fluent
United Arab Emirates
Date of birth
September 01st 1982
- A team player
- Attention to details
- Good communication
- Human resource
- Time managment