Join Hosco and view Mohomed's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
A versatile and highly accomplished Asst. IT Manger with experience in managing IT projects, hospitality applications & standards. Managing the entire IT department standalone plays avital role in my career.
Assistant IT Manager
Divan Erbil Hotel - Erbil, IraqITJune 2015 - Now · 3 years and 7 months
• Manages IT installation, troubleshooting and maintenance efforts within the hotel. • Maintaining and managing CAPEX, P.R’s and budgeting. • Negotiate service level agreements with both internal / external customers, service providers and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met. • Planning and developing systems and procedures to improve the operating quality efficiency of the departments. • Ensures technology assets are secure & well maintained in accordance with hotel standards. • Responsible for Implementation of IT policies, backup and recovery plans, disaster recovery manuals etc. • Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and administration of Microsoft Windows Win7, Win8 and Windows server (2003 & 2008), Microsoft Office and Office365. • Installation, configuration and administration of Active directory & Exchange server. • Maintenance & supporting of 3 Core Switches (E8206), more than 50 edge (2610), more than 240 Wireless Access Points, 2 Firewalls etc. • Maintenance of POS Micros 9700 system, creating revenue centers, menu screens, adding menu items with pricing and defining the printer device tables for printing, creating users in the system with certain accessibility rights. • Maintenance of Dell PowerEdge servers & VMware vSphere Hypervisor • Provides appropriate support of IT systems 24 hours a day by 7 days a week
Divan Erbil Hotel - Erbil, IraqITSeptember 2014 - June 2015 · 10 months
• Attend to any problems encountered in software and hardware by all departments in the most diligent manner and keep track of such incidents and the way they have been solved. • Managing Microsoft windows 2008 & 2003 Active directory, DNS, DHCP implementation & management. Use network monitoring tools to perform periodic health check of systems. • Perform daily/monthly back up procedures; ensure the successful completion of the process and the safeguard of the backups. • Installing and managing Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 server and ensure the correct rights are applying to staff, management and servers with different policies applied. • Managing HP MSM765 WLAN Access Controller integrated with HP MSM310, MSM430 Access points and HSMX for bandwidth and billing management. • Juniper SSG5 secure service gateway. • Opera PMS V5 Installing to client computers, creating users & assigning permissions. • Micros POS 9700, Slip Printers & Kitchen Printers, EMC and RMC.
Anilana Hotel & Resorts (Pre-Opening) - Colombo, Sri LankaITNovember 2012 - August 2014 · 1 year and 10 months
• Hold the total responsibility from pre-opening of Administering and managing fully Cisco IP based network with the support of Fentons Ltd, • Carry out the repairs and maintenance of all PCs, printers, interactive system, key lock system, etc. • Maintain all users’ access request and authorizations (E-mail & Property Management System). • Implemented a backup strategy along with a disaster recovery plan. • Installed configured and maintaining Windows Server 2008/2008R2 for Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP. • Designed and implemented company helpdesk ticketing web application system with Php, MySQL & Apache applications. • Build and maintaining documentation database for Hotel network topology. • Communicating and negotiating with users and suppliers. • Respond to all guest requests and provide them with adequate support.
The Music Chamber Academy - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesITDecember 2010 - January 2012 · 1 year and 2 months
• Install, configure and maintain HP Proliant Systems with Windows Server 2003/2008. • Implementing and configuring the data networks (LAN/WAN) and monitor entire network. • Complete installations, configurations and support of IT equipment. • Perform maintenance on staff accounts. Add, remove, and modify accounts as necessary update equipment inventory for tracking purposes. • Manage company site change requests, including creating new pages, updating and troubleshooting issues. • Assist in training for new Trainees during the summer semester. • Responsible for the backup of data, including automatic backup routines, testing data integrity and offsite storage of media. • Participated in re-cabling the network infrastructure in 2 of the company Buildings. • Maintaining SQL databases with support of Emperium POS Solutions.
BSc (Hons) Computer Science
University of Lincoln - Colombo, Sri LankaSeptember 2016 - Now
SinhalaNative or fluent100%
- Handling guest
- Network troubleshooting