Join Hosco and view Morgan's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
“Eager to add my value in the hospitality industry as professional and experienced hotelier by surpassing the expectations of both my guests and my employer as well.’’
waiter/food & beverage server
Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesF&B serviceSeptember 2017 - July 2018
Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards in timely, friendly and efficient manner. Showing them the seats and assisting to seat. Present and discuss menus. Provide the information about menus and looked for opportunity to “upsell”products. Answer questions and provide suggestions on food and beverage options Take orders and enter into a POS system Communicate to the chef & bartender regarding any special preferences or allergy. Provided the highest standard of quality and attention to detail through all phases of service to ensure an impeccable dining experience for every guest. Deal promptly with requests and complaints and take ownership of guest request, follow up guests’ incidences. Perform running side work throughout shift Prepare final bill and process payments Clean and set tables for next customer. Performed opening and closing duties as required Attend daily briefings from management in order to be well informed and explained any special requirements for service. Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned or as requested by Supervisor or manager
Radisson Blu Hotel. - Cape Town, South AfricaF&B serviceJanuary 2016 - July 2017
Provided prompt and courteous food and beverage service to guests Performed breakfast buffet set-up and replenished food items Delivered room service orders Responsible for billing, credit card and other kind of payment and collecting feedback from the guest. Worked varying shifts including weekends and holidays. Kept tables clean and ready for the next customers in efficient manner Trained new employees on the job
Front Desk Receptionist
SOUTHERN SUN CAPE SUN HOTEL - Cape Town, South AfricaFront Office receptionJune 2014 - January 2016
Greeting and welcoming the guests as soon as they arrive at the front desk. Directing or/and escorting guests to their desired departments. Answer telephone calls and transfer calls to the appropriate person Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries for information regarding the facility or company Respond to emails and take and relay messages to intended recipients Answered telephonic and in-person queries related to hotel services and resolved any issues Assisting in handling complaints and suggestions by dealing with situations in a calm and collected manner Processed guests' check ins and outs Prepared and completed room and restaurant bills Handled payments through cash, checks and credit cards Assisted guests' in storing valuables in secure deposit box.
Acting Housekeeping Supervisor
BURGERS PARK HOTEL - Pretoria, South AfricaHousekeepingApril 2013 - May 2014
• Leading a team of Room Attendants to maintain rooms to the highest standard possible. • Cleaning and setting up all guest rooms. • Rearranging and assembling furniture in rooms. • Inspecting the work of cleaners for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. • Reporting any maintenance issues to senior Maintenance Managers. • Disinfecting and deodorizing toilet bowls and lavatories. • Ensuring that housekeeping materials and equipment are maintained and used correctly. • Carrying out any reasonable guest requests. • Creating a list of rooms that have to be cleaned immediately.
University of Tourism and Business StudiesJanuary 2008 - December 2012
- Computer hardware
- Fire fighter and fire prevention