Chief engineer Job Description
As a Shift Engineer or Shift Technician, he/she is responsible to support the whole engineering team and to ensure that the engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including general property maintenance, are working properly and up to the hotels operating standards.
You are also responsible to keep all equipment in good repair providing day-to-day maintenance support to the hotel. Additionally, work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to guests, other departments and colleagues.Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following hotels standard operating procedures.
2) Perform day-to-day routine and preventative maintenance within the hotel rooms and public areas.
3) Respond promptly and efficiently to any maintenance calls that arise either by the guest or other departments.
4) Respond courteously to guest requests promptly and resolve matters to the guest’s satisfaction.
5) Able to prioritise the maintenance issues e.g.: to attend the breakdown of plant and machinery on priority.
6) Perform maintenance activities in the guest rooms and public areas including electrical equipment, plumbing and Air conditioning Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
8) Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
9) To monitor fire Alarm / Life Safety System systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems.
10) Understand and operate electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and water systems.
11) Communicate with different departments and to provide them with information and assistance.Able to use your wits and technical abilities to solve problems and make repairs effectively and efficiently.
14) Able to maintain a daily logbook of work done during the shift.
15) Able to delegate duties to the Engineering supervisors, Ken fix-it and other technicians.
16) Able to take charge of a shift of eight to nine working hours (Morning, Afternoon, Night or Break Shift).
17) Able to complete the daily checklist before handing over the shift.
18) Able to look after the smooth functioning of all machinery and equipment.
19) Able give proper handover to the next shift and also take regular briefing of the shift staff.
20) Enter all guest complaints and back of the house complaints as soon as they are received at the engineering control desk log book.
21) Execute the preventative maintenance schedule and ensure all equipment and designated areas are maintained to the required standard.