Join Hosco and view Nthabiseng's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
To whom it may concern,
I am writing to express my interest in the guest relations position that is currently available with your company. I appear to be a perfect match for this role which was recently advertised.
My passion for the hospitality sector is equally matched by my experience in it, and I am confident that I can help your company meet any challenges it faces in the future. I am presently employed as a guest relations officer with Premier Hotels and Resorts where I have gained a reputation not only for my impressive work rate and integrity but also for my interpersonal, communication and organising skills.
The attached resume will provide a more complete overview of my accomplishments. However what it may not show is that I am a self-motivated individual, who is able to perform well under pressure & who can bring to the table solid capabilities.
Currently I am looking to join an exciting and ambitious organisation such as yours.
I appreciate you taking the time to review my credentials and I would like to thank you for your time and consideration.
Guest Relations Manager
Premier hotels and resorts - Johannesburg, South AfricaFront Office conciergeApril 2014 - Now · 4 years and 10 months
• Welcome all guests upon arrival and departure • Receiving internal and external calls • Escort VIP guests to their allocated rooms and explain room features and hotel facilities and services; including breakfast times and dining options • Provide upscale guest service and experiences for clients throughout their stay • Communicate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up to ensure customer concerns are resolved • Promptly address guest request • Maintain regular contact with the guests and establish friendly relationships with regular guests • Obtain guest feedback on their stay at the hotel, if there are complaints take immediate action to remedy the solution • Record daily activity and complaints in the guest relations logbook and inform the respective heads for immediate action • Examine daily duties, assign tasks to the team and check on progress • Inspect VIP and suite guest’s rooms prior to their arrival and during their stay • Prepare special letters for guest birthdays, honeymoons and anniversaries. • Liaise with housekeeping and wait staff to provide an overall comfortable guest experience • Recommend local tourist spots, including places to dine, shop and sight-see • Be thoroughly familiar with the hotel procedures and policy concerning reservations, room assignments, room charges and credit card facilities • Attend to special requirements made by VIP and suite guests prior to, and during their stay • Ensuring that, whenever possible, guests receive personal recognition. • Prepare daily guest amenity list and distribute it to the relevant departments. • Give courtesy calls. • Coordinate and manage luggage collection and storage • Appraise team’s performance and produce regular reports • Handle guest complaints immediately and effectively and do follow ups thoroughly • Prepare and coordinate the distribution of guest amenities, welcome letters and fruit setups for VIPs • Assist and coordinate with Front Office to ensure consistent service. • Handle guest complaints immediately and follow up thoroughly. • Promote inter-hotel sales and in-house facilities and be aware of banquet events, hotel facilities, special promotions for the purpose of assisting guests and offering accurate information • Performing site inspections • Handle email, fax and telephonic enquiries for clients and direct these to appropriate personnel • Schedule appointments of key personnel when deemed necessary • Promotion of hotel’s loyalty programme • Preparing business intelligence reports • Understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team. • Ordering of marketing collateral and keeping these at optimum levels.
Vodacom - Johannesburg, South AfricaCustomer ServiceMarch 2009 - March 2014 · 5 years and 2 months
• Aftersales customer support including providing information around contract terms and conditions. • Evaluate product quality and analyze them on returned goods. • Assume responsibility for establishing new accounts as requested by the department supervisor or manager. • Provide excellent and timely customer service by proactively informing clients of the status of their orders and referring clients to a higher-level authority when questions/requests are beyond scope of responsibility. • Identify transaction tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility. • Communicate with the Vodacom Direct sales, back-office teams as well as trade partners on a daily basis regarding re-sales. • Confirmations of new orders and maintain confidentiality. • Handle product recalls.
Lufthansa cargo - Johannesburg, South AfricaAdministration & GeneralApril 2008 - March 2009 · 12 months
• Ensure discrepancy report is prepared for all damaged and lost freight and forward to Supervisors • Releasing cargo and perform other duties as assigned • Monitor/trace delivery orders and releases from freight • Data capturing, Filling, Administration • Receive, review, and process imports documentation for an assigned base of accounts through the Company's Air import system • Perform all functions within Company-defined time frames for processing the delivery of cargo and invoicing the client for services and advanced funds • Conduct the timely collection of receivables as directed by the department Supervisor or Manager • Review all shipment import documentation and client invoice packages prior to distribution.
Call centre agent
Vodacom - Johannesburg, South AfricaSales & MarketingJune 2003 - March 2008 · 4 years and 10 months
• Ensure discrepancy report is prepared for all damaged and lost freight and forward to supervisors. • Releasing cargo and perform other duties as assigned. • Monitor and or trace delivery orders and releases from freight. • Data capturing, filing and administration. • Receive, review, and process imports documentation for an assigned base of accounts through the company’s air import system. • Perform all functions within company-defined time frames for processing the delivery of cargo and invoicing the client for services and advanced funds. • Conduct the timely collection of receivables as directed by the department supervisor or manager. • Review all shipment import documentation and client invoice packages prior to distribution. • Adhere to all company policies, procedure and guidelines, such as the code of conduct, assigned work schedules, and attendances requirements. • Ensure all documents waiting for document folders are reviewed on a daily basis. If shipments are already cleared and cleared and delivered, printed and have completed splitting documents.
Boston University - School of Hospitality AdministrationFebruary 2018 - Now
. Academic literacy . Marketing management . Introduction to Socioeconomics . Computer literacy windows . Computer literacy word processing
University of Cape Town - Cape Town, South AfricaNovember 2016 - March 2017
. Introduction to Public Relations. . Managing relationship with stakeholders. . Content creation and management. . Building valuable relationships. . Online Public Relations. . Public Relations and social media. . Public relations activities and events. . Crisis and reputation management. . Measuring, tracking and evaluating Public relations activities. . Creating a Public relations plan.
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Customer Care
- Customer driven
- Customer skills
- Data Entry
- Micro Exc
- Microsoft Word