Join Hosco and view Nyasha's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Very Confident, hard working and highly motivated individual, who seeks to exceed expectations, turning set objectives and targets into achievements.
Executive Chef and Culinary Trainer
Maison Du Chef Zimbabwe - Harare, ZimbabweF&B kitchenJuly 2017 - Now · 1 year and 7 months
· Conducting Cooking Masterclasses for students and culinary enthusiasts and aspiring chefs · Preparing food for events and weddings · Serving food at events, plated or buffet style · Private and VIP catering services for VIPs at private dinners or as a private chef · Cooking Show Chef – on a TV channel that broadcasts in Africa and across Europe, where I cook and share recipes with the viewers · Personal Chef · Outdoor catering events and international sports events in Zimbabwe
Cresta Sprayview Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls, ZimbabweF&B kitchenMarch 2018 - April 2018 · 3 months
Commis Chef 1
Emirates Palace - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesF&B kitchenJanuary 2017 - December 2017 · 12 months
- Arabic/Oriental Kitchen – In charge of buffet set up, refilling, mis en place and food preparation in the meat section, cold kitchen and hot section. - Seafood kitchen for the fine dining restaurant Sayad (winner of Abu Dhabi’s best seafood restaurant award) - BBQ kitchen for the Al Fresco style restaurant (winner of Abu Dhabi’s best Al Fresco restaurant) - Palace Kitchen (In Room Dining Kitchen for the VVIP room service food preparation) - Ramadan Tent and banquet kitchen catering for at least a 1000 pax per day in the tent and inhouse guests, buffet style, refilling, set up and preparation of the food.
Human Resources Assistant Intern
The Residence zanzibar - Zanzibar Town, TanzaniaHuman ResourcesApril 2016 - October 2016 · 7 months
· HR assistant/administrator Intern : In charge of recruitment, filing, registering employees on biometric system and Aruti HR system, updating leave accruals, manning budget, renewing and drafting new contracts, induction and orientation, payroll processing and processing payments for casuals, trainees and full time employees · In charge of all HR administrative work · Training coordination and planning · Reporting to HR director and General Manager. - Attending executive meetings and record keeping of all staff information.
Michelin Star Chef Assistant
Constance Hotels and Resorts Belle Mare Mauritius - Belle Mare, Quatre Cocos, MauritiusF&B kitchenMarch 2016 - March 2016 · 2 months
· Assisting, preparing mis en place and food with Michelin Star chefs, plating food for the culinary festival/competition. · Assisting the Michelin Star chefs with plating · Cooking and preparing ingredients for the chefs to use for the festival · Cooking the food for the guests and cocktail for the prize giving ceremony
F&B Management Intern
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa - Flic en Flac, MauritiusF&B serviceOctober 2015 - February 2016 · 5 months
· Food and Beverage Management Intern in charge of banquets, conferences and set up of all events, inventory and service during beach dinners, weddings, conferences, summits, banquets and cocktails. · Bar tender and waitress at the pool bar and for breakfast and lunch service and cocktails. · On-call Part time casual worker during festival season and special big dinners and banquets.
Front Office Management Intern
The Residence Zanzibar - Zanzibar Town, TanzaniaRooms divisionMarch 2015 - July 2015 · 6 months
· Front office management intern, Guest relations officer intern, concierge and switch board operator. · In charge of front office daily reports for guest comments, OSS jobs, upselling and in villa check in and orientation for guests. Reporting directly to Rooms Division Manager. · In charge of check in and check out · Upselling and compiling upselling reports per every room upsold · Guest relations; attending to guests needs, checking up on guests during breakfast, lunch and dinner making sure their stay and rooms were comfortable · Upselling and selling hotel activities and gift shop items.
Gastronomy & Culinary and Pastry Intern
Hotel Vatel - Nimes, FranceF&B kitchenSeptember 2014 - August 2015 · 12 months
· gastronomy kitchen and pastry intern · wine service and sommelier ; in charge of upselling, serving wine and inventory of wine and beverages · brasserie restaurant service waitress (fast paced service)
Kitchen and Pastry Management Trainee
Sugar Beach Resort and Spa Mauritius - Flic en Flac, MauritiusF&B kitchenOctober 2013 - August 2014 · 11 months
· Management intern in Food and beverage and F&B kitchen and pastry. · Food and beverage service in the Beach Seafood Restaurant · Italian restaurant commis chef in charge of making mise en place for pizzas, pasta, sauces and starters · Main dining restaurant commis chef in pastry, cold and hot kitchens. Responsibilities included preparing mise en place, refiling and manning the buffet, preparing the food, salads, sushi and fruit platters.
Vatel Mauritius - Quatre Bornes, MauritiusSeptember 2013 - November 2016
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Creative and hardworking
- Culinary skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent time management
- Good at multitasking
- Striving for perfection