Join Hosco and view Orphee's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am currently based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have lived in the UAE for seven years. I have extensive experience and background in food and beverage. I transferred to HR as the Assistant Learning & Development Manager. I have the operations background as well as training. In food and beverage it is very important to always focus on training of your team hence the leap to my current position was not a big one. I enjoy conducting trainings and helping those to develop themselves. I am passionate about people thus the reason I am always working along side them.
Assistant Learning & Development Manager
InterContinental Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesFebruary 2018 - Now · 12 months
• Identify skills and learning gaps within departments • Create and maintain audit files for brand standards • Successfully implement training calendars and employee training files in all departments • Conduct operational training as well as mandatory corporate trainings • Create and implement onboarding for new joiners • Monitor and track impacts of trainings • Implementation of employee development programs • Meticulously coordinate the full cycle of administrative details surrounding facilitating training space, materials and participants needs
InterContinental Abu Dhabi - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesF&B otherSeptember 2015 - February 2018 · 2 years and 6 months
• Successfully manage daily operations. • Offer effective training and guidance to Colleagues. • Continuously maintain and increase service standards. • Service Recovery. • Identify talent and arrange and encourage professional development within the team. • Create promotions and new menus. • Perform regular Competitor analysis. • Implement and maintain hygiene standards. • Managed cost and inventory controls. • Establish market strategies. • Track successful promotions. • Ensure continuous Customer satisfaction.
CTH Level 4 of Hospitality Leadership
Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesJanuary 2016 - October 2016
Six month training program in Hospitality and Leadership skills. Focusing on team development, coaching, feedback.
York High School - Cape Town, South AfricaJanuary 1998 - November 2002
High School diploma with merit
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Bar manager
- Brand Standards
- Employee development
- Excellent leadership
- Excellent time management
- F&B operation
- Great communicator
- Hotel training
- Office administration
- On job training
- Restaurant Manager
- Service recovery
- Stock inventory
- Team development
When I was in high school I did a peer councellor course and was the councellor at our school along side with the guidance councellor.