Join Hosco and view Paola's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Third year student in BA (Hons) International Hospitality and Tourism Management at Edinburgh Napier University. Applying for a placement in the hospitality sector in order to gain practical competences of what I am studying, as well as reinforce and enhance my previous experiences.
Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa - Edinburgh, United KingdomF&B otherNovember 2016 - Now · 2 years and 2 months
- Waitressing and assisting guests during several events, such as conferences, fairs, meetings, buffet lunches, gala dinners and weddings. Seldom assistance to the Club Lounge (VIP area) for breakfast and pre-dinner. - Developing skills in customer service thanks to the direct contact with guests, time management to smoothly run different events at the same time, organising spaces and locations to successfully welcome the customers and their requests. - Team work attitude strengthening in order to overcome any challenges during the service.
Box Office assistant
Assembly Festival - Edinburgh, United KingdomAdministration & GeneralAugust 2018 - August 2018 · 1 month
- Duty of ticket sale and collection at one of the main box offices of the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Also dealing with queue management, access bookings and telephone bookings throughout the festival. - Acquiring proficiency of the computer ticketing program VIA, cash register operations, both cash handling and POS, developing skills in customer advice, with the promotion of more than a thousand shows and the management of clients’ complains. - Evolving ability to work under pressure in a very busy environment, where efficiency and fastness is required to provide an optimal service.
Best Western City Hotel - Bologna, ItalyFront Office receptionFebruary 2014 - February 2014 · 1 month
- Two weeks’ stage experience during fourth year of high school in a busy hotel in Bologna, with both touristic and business clientele, being the venue near the city centre and the fair area. - Training in different department: reception (welcoming, checking in and out of the guests, answering to any inquiries), reservation office (managing bookings receiving and input, communicating prices and offers), cash desk (issuing payments and cashing up). - Basic assimilation of the hospitality platform Web Hotel fundamentals.
Edinburgh Napier UniversitySeptember 2016 - Now
ItalianNative or fluent100%