Waiter & Housekeeper
Belvédère Strandhotel & Restaurant - Spiez, Switzerland
August 2015 -
August 2015 · 1 month
Completed an Internship in Hospitality management at the 4-star luxury hotel Belvédère in Spiez (Bern area) in Switzerland. I had noticed the crucial importance of complementing theory with practical exposure. Therefore, this internship enabled me to gain a comprehensive understanding of two functional departments of a hotel: Housekeeping and Food&Beverage. The director of the hotel helped me to customize my schedule so that i was able to experience both departments. To have an idea of what my task included, please find some examples below.
- Examine and count each linen item when send to laundry and again on return.
- Stacking sheets, pillowcases, towels, tablecloths, napkins in different stacks
- Restock room supplies such as drinking glasses, soaps, shampoos, writing supplies, mini bar
- Preparation together with the team before large-scale events, such as marriages
- Present menu, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage
- Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide Guests
- Serve the Guest in an accommodating manner
- Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns