Join Hosco and view Praveen's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Looking for high class establishment were my experience and culinary specialty in cuisine will utilize to preparing different kind of cuisine and also help me to enhance my skills in culinary art. Seeking a dynamic career in an esteemed organization that provides ample opportunities for professional development to utilize and share my knowledge’s by learning and developing.
Highly skilled in cooking and preparing a variety of cuisines
• Exceptional ability to develop a well-tuned pallet
• Adept at using kitchen tools and knifes
• Track record of supervising kitchen and wait staff effectively
• Special talent for maintaining a high level of hygiene
• Inborn ability to explore new cooking avenues
• Excellent business acumen and customer service orientation
• Thorough understanding of sanitation needs of the kitchen
• Demonstrated ability to train new culinary staff
• Knowledge of heat control and baking techniques
• Able to lead and motivate a big team
• Committed to work in extreme hot temperatures
• Ability to concentrate on food quality
• Competent at adhering to set budgets
• Particularly effective in overseeing staff in order to ensure quality and quantity
• Proficient in resolving conflicts
Urbano Bistro - Muscat, OmanManagementFebruary 2018 - November 2018 · 10 months
Oversee Back of the House operation, including quality production, quantity and cost control, Appearance and temperature of the finished product, and promptness (timing) of service, From the kitchen into the dining room and for deliveries, catered events, etc. Supervises and Directs culinary staff associated with the Back of the House Operations. Provide leadership and technical oversight, development to the Culinary Team in fast- paced, High- volume, diverse environments.
Royal Foods - Kuwait City, KuwaitManagementMarch 2017 - October 2017 · 9 months
Conceptualized and prepared special dishes and promotional items using locally grown organic products. Responsible for all in-house procedures involving food purchasing, event scheduling, menus, hiring and training procedures. Hired, trained and supervised staff members on company procedures. Updated operational policies and procedures. Managed all purchasing, inventory, and food cost control. Trained staff in preferred methods and delegated daily operations. Managed recruiting and scheduling of full time and seasonal kitchen personnel Responsible for interviewing, hiring and scheduling of all kitchen staff. Maintained relationships and managed all ordering with reputable food purveyors. Designed and executed menus, quality control, and seasonal specials.
Baker's &Spice - Kuwait City, KuwaitManagementMay 2016 - November 2016 · 7 months
Supervised the kitchen team members and over 15 staff from different countries. Managed back house operations. Created and prepared daily specials. Manage inventory and purchase of food and beverage. Demonstrated technique and preparation of foods for the Kitchen Team. Established menu and assure quality control and minimize waste. Consistently maintained high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food and beverage. Continually monitored food inventory and took appropriate action to ensure food quality and service standards were consistently met.
Executive Sous Chef (Pre-Opening)
AccorHotels - Chennai, IndiaF&B kitchenNovember 2015 - May 2016 · 7 months
• Plan and develop menus and specials according to budget. • Recruit train and oversee high-performance team. • Inspect outgoing dishes for cleanliness and accuracy. • Supervise kitchen cleaning procedures before during and after shifts. • Adhere to all regulations and guidelines for safe food handling. • Oversaw quality assurance for all dishes. • Established consistent procedures to maximize guest enjoyment. • Trained and motivated new kitchen staff. • Controlled food wastes and implemented improved process to minimize losses. • Meticulously managed the presentation of dishes. • Systematically tasted and smelled all prepared dishes and observed color texture and garnishes. • Analyzed food costs and ensured adherence to budget. • Inspected kitchen cleanliness and procedures frequently. • Coordinated meal preparation and station assemblies. • Sourced quality farm-to-table and game ingredients.
Head Chef -
Airiest Restaurants U.A.E - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesF&B kitchenMarch 2014 - October 2015 · 1 year and 9 months
• Delivery of my clients culinary dreams when, where and how they want all within budget • The standardization of menu recipes with presentation photos to create a blueprint for success • Maximize word of mouth advertising by creating unforgettable cuisine and memorable moments • Flawless execution of small, medium or large scale culinary/catering events • Continually raise the bar on kitchen and front of the house performance levels through training • Expert troubleshooter can snuff out small fires while they are still in the smoke only stages • Multi-tasking & productivity expert with an eagle eye for maximizing profit opportunities • Generate free press with culinary classes, wine tastings, competitions, the media and charity events. • Keep excitement with a changing menu as I am a highly versatile, creative and adaptable Chef • I bring an unmatched passion and boundless enthusiasm for my job each and every day • The organization of kitchens and training staff for maximum efficiency, quality and productivity.
Chef De Cuisine
Disney Cruise Line - Miami, FL, United StatesF&B kitchenSeptember 2011 - February 2012 · 6 months
PALO” - Italian Fine Dining and “REMY” French Cuisine and On Board • Accountable for effective management of food services and galley departments for 13 and more kitchen and associated administrative and operational functions. • Managing, motivating a team of 6 to 10 supervisors responsible for approximately 200 catering personnel. • Continually analyzing productivity, quality, service and food standards to achieve targets. • Menu Management and pre planning for buffets, smorgasbords, BBQ”s, Fine dining, Specialty restaurants, steak house, pizzerias and international cuisine serving up to 15,000 meals per day. • Constantly liaising and consulting with line supervisors regarding all food service operations. • Identifying food requirement in consultation with Inventory Manager. • Troubleshooting and problem solving at all levels. • Assist with the management of an assigned galley and to ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations. . • Ensure that Crewmember issues are resolved in a timely manner. • Ensure department heads and Crewmembers comply with the grooming and uniform standards. • Conduct training to the Galley personnel on cooking techniques (mother sauces, stocks etc) and ensure these trainings are documented. • Ensure that all established recipes are posted in all galleys and that all Crewmembers adhere to them at all times. • Develop a positive working relationship with all shipboard and shore side departments to facilitate a team-oriented atmosphere. • Ensure that assigned galley is maintained in accordance with Company SOP and USPH Continuously review the operation and make recommendations on how to enhance the product • Implement new policies, standard operating procedures and Company initiatives as assigned. • Be available at all times during meal periods and actively manage the assigned galley. • Continually reference the F&B event calendar to ensure proper planning and preparation for future events. • Ensure that Galley personnel maintain the par stocks assigned for food products and equipment. • Responsible for supporting the assigned galleys budgetary guidelines. • Ensure that the Time & Attendance Policy is being adhered to at all times and that time sheets are reviewed to ensure accuracy of pay for Crewmembers.
Hospitality Management Diploma With Honor's
S.R.M Institute Of Hotel MGNT - Chennai, IndiaJuly 1999 - August 2001
EnglishNative or fluent100%
TamilNative or fluent100%
HindiNative or fluent100%