Join Hosco and view Ram's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Having spent nearly a decade in the Leisure/Wellness industry and experiencing almost all the facets of the industry from entry level position to Project Management position. I have had an intensive Progressive experience with the Market Leaders and a vast network of professionals all over the Indian subcontinent gives me an unparalleled edge in the Indian market. I am a seasoned professional with extensive experience in the Spa, Leisure & Wellness Industry and its core areas like Strategy Planning, Spa/Leisure/Wellness Operation, Renovation Management, Training & Development, Team Management, Financial Management, Marketing & Guest Relationship Management.
Professionally, I am qualified with a Master of Physical Education, Qualified NET for Lecturers in India, ISSA certification in Fitness and nutrition, Yoga certification from Kaivalyadham & Spa certifications from Master international Ireland.
My strengths are-
An extensive experience in every facet of the Spa, Leisure & Wellness Industry and a real-world approach to problem solving to meet the challenges of this fast-paced, high-turnover industry.
Hospitality, Guest Service / Experience conceptualization, training and delivery.
Honed and demonstrated project planning and management skills in supremely high-stress scenario with companies like Oberoi's, Ananda in the Himalayas, The Raffles, IHG, MHRIL, Bharat Group of Hotels, Carlson Rezidor Hotels & Divan Group Erbil.
Proficient in streamlining systems with proven ability to enhance effectiveness and meet operational goals within the cost, time & quality parameters.
TOP line management with a sharp eye on BOTTOM line.
Natural flair of comfortably interacting with multiple levels of organization, management and teams from different cultural background.
8 years and 3 months
Radisson - Ludhiana, IndiaOtherApril 2018 - Now · 1 year and 10 months
Divan - Erbil, IraqSpa & WellnessOctober 2016 - November 2017 · 1 year and 2 months
• Instrumental in raising the revenue by training the team & focusing on selling. • Managing areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports. • Managing Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve goals. • Interaction with the club members as well as the hotel guests for feedback & necessary action. • Maintaining spa hygiene standards & up gradation/modification in the set-up as & when needed. • Coordinating with the support departments viz. sales, events, engineering, housekeeping, laundry etc. • Strategic planning and recommendations • Ongoing review of services, environment and offering to ensure the business is at the forefront of international wellness • To create and implement standard policies and procedures to ensure best practice and a world-class guest experience • Recruitment and selection and training and development of management, spa teams and front of house and guest relations • Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events. • Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising. • Identifies and recommending new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market. • Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement. • Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results. • Develops implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. • Administering the performance appraisal process. • Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans. • Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team. • Believes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns. • Organizing Get together, team building and recognition program for team on their successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Radisson Blu Hotel Ludhiana - IndiaSpa & WellnessJuly 2014 - September 2016 · 2 years and 3 months
• Planning & preparing the budget for the department. • Developed the operation manual for Espace. • Instrumental in raising the revenue by training the team & focusing on selling. • To maintain the revenue increment & achieve the target revenue figures. • Monitoring the expense for achieving the required profit percentage. • Inspire others to excel by clearly communicating business values and direction, recognizing good performance. • Develop potential of team members through coaching and development opportunities to build organizational capability for the future. • Interaction with the club members as well as the hotel guests for feedback & necessary action. • Maintaining spa hygiene standards & up gradation/modification in the set-up as & when needed. • Coordinating with the support departments viz. sales, events, engineering, housekeeping, laundry etc.
Corporate Spa Trainer/Manager
The Lalit - New Delhi, IndiaSpa & WellnessSeptember 2012 - April 2014 · 1 year and 8 months
• Worked as Manager Spa, Sports & Leisure, Goa till May 2013. Then promoted to Corporate position. • Create the operation manual for the spa and leisure component of The Rejuve. • Prepare the repertoire of services including pricing for the spa and leisure component of The Rejuve. • Recruit the spa, fitness, beauty salon and recreation teams. • Create training plan / curriculum for the team and impart the training. • Organize and undergo training with Forest Essential & Pevonia team for treatment SOPs and rituals. • Create the service standard, service sequence and service delivery for the spa and leisure component of the Rejuve. • Assist in preparing the annual budget of the spa division and achieve the projected target for Goa. • Establish vendor relations for BHL. • Operation management of the non F & B Leisure component of The Rejuve i.e. spa, sports, fitness, beauty salon, front desk operation, membership management and recreation facilities. • Pre-opening requisites for the above mentioned areas such as- manpower budget, recruitment, training protocol, service protocol, recruitment, revenue and expense projection, operating processes and vendor relations. • In process of establishing formal in house spa academy for the BHL and plan the training curriculum. • Recruited & trained the first batch of 10 for academy for placement within the ‘Rejuve’ brand. • To create the training manual for “Rejuve’ brand across the group. • Planning for future staffing needs & recruiting in line with company guidelines. • Ensure training needs analysis of spa division is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs. • To coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance. Initiatives Taken at BHL 1. Started The Lalit Fitness Club for Bharat hotel limited. 2. Analyzed operation and implemented findings for effective cost control thereby increasing profit percentage by seven percent in the New Delhi & Goa unit. 3. Corrected the per treatment cost computation format and implemented at all locations thereby creating a better understanding of spa financials during quarterly group Financial Review Meetings.
Group Spa Trainer
MHRIL - Lonavala, IndiaSpa & WellnessMay 2011 - August 2012 · 1 year and 4 months
• Responsible for areas such as- manpower budget, recruitment, training protocol, service protocol, recruitment, revenue and expense projection, operating processes and vendor relations. • Establish in house spa academy for the MHRIL (Svaastha Spa) and plan the training curriculum. • To create the training manual for “Svaastha’ brand across the group. • Planning for future staffing needs & recruiting in line with company guidelines. • Ensure training needs analysis of spa staff is carried out and training programs are designed and implemented to meet needs. • To coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance. • Recruited & trained 60 students of the academy for placement within the ‘Svaastha’ brand. Initiatives at MHRIL 1. Started the Svaastha Spa Resource central 2. Implemented Svaastha Club Excel training on Hospitality. 3. Established Svaastha Spa Academy and trained sixty trainee therapists 4. Complete revamp of Svaastha Brand. 5. One of the core contributors to help increase the revenue by 22%
Master in Physical Education
LNIPE - Gwalior West, IndiaJune 1998 - March 2000
Native or fluent
- Body massage
- Fitness Consulting
- Fitness Management
- Fitness Training
- On job training
- profit & Loss review