Join Hosco and view Ramesh's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Passionate revenue professional with 14 years hospitality experience
• Pre-opening and Task force experienced at Doha, Dar es Salaam, Addis Ababa and Kampala Markets.
• Forecasting, Budgeting and financial principles
• Training and development
• Analytical and strategic thinker with a strong focus on goals
• IDEAS G3 RMS, Synxis CRS and Opera PMS experienced.
• Rooms division operations
• Creation, implementation of revenue strategies
• Extremely self-motivated and pro-active
• Business development
• Team Player
14 years and 10 months
Ramada Resort Dar es Salaam - Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaRevenue ManagementOctober 2015 - Now · 4 years and 3 months
Cluster Revenue Manager: Ramada Resort Dar es Salaam - Tanzania & Ramada Addis Ababa - Ethiopia May 2017 – July 2018 Achievements: • Achieved No: 1 position for Ramada Addis Ababa & No: 3 position for Ramada Resort Dar es Salaam in RGI growth full year 2018 among Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Managed Properties in EMEA region. • Implemented rate structure by segmentation which resulted in improved Occupancy and Revpar. • Successful implementation of inventory & rates with hotel PMS and Synxis CRS through Opera Exchange Interface (OXI). • Created and implemented appropriate packages and promotions for optimum results. • Implementation and continuous monitoring of Front Office Upsell & Cross sell incentive plan. • Successful implementation of IDEAS G3 RMS in both hotels. At Ramada Resort Dar es Salaam: • Achieved No: 1 rank in the country in MPI, RGI and ARI during the December 2017 & 2018 holiday’s season. • Successful implementation of up sell & Cross sell plan with ongoing performance evaluation & training. • Streamlined Tour Operators commission procedure to save commission expenses. • Trained and developed a result oriented Reservations and Front Office team consist of 13 associates. • Introduced “Weekend Resident Rate” which increased direct booking occupancy and resulted in more Room, Food & Beverage revenue and commission savings. Managed to secure more repeat guests through this offer. • Implemented different dynamic meal package rates through wholesaler, travel agents point of sale which have contributed significant revenue figures to Food & Beverage. • Implemented tailor made conference package rate structures, innovative venue hire ideas which helped to increase the volume of our conference & meeting bookings. • Expanded the hotel visibility through active search, contract execution for new tour operators, wholesalers via online searches and associations like Tanzanian Association of Tour Operators (TATO), African Travel & Tourism Association (ATTA). At Ramada Addis Ababa: (May 2017 – July 2018) • Achieved 47% YOY growth in YTD June 2018 room nights production with significant contribution in Hotel Direct, OTA and Group segments. • Positioned the hotel at No 1 in MPI with STR immediate competition for 2017 and YTD 2018. • Created and implemented new room types from existing inventory to achieve higher ADR. • Along with the team achieved “No: 1” rank for best promoter of our guest loyalty program among all EMEA region properties. • Trained & developed a resulted oriented vibrant FO & reservations team for Wyndham Hotel Group CRS rate plans familiarization. • Achieved avg. ADR $290 during July 2017 African Union Summit which was $50 higher than the vicinity hotels. • Implemented effective corporate block utilization during peak dates to achieve higher ADR.
Asst. Revenue / Front Office Manager
Ramada Encore Doha - Doha, QatarRevenue ManagementOctober 2010 - October 2015 · 5 years and 1 month
• In-charge of hotel operations during Hotel Manager’s absence. Achievements: • Developed a successful, goal oriented Front Office and Reservations team consist of 18 team members. • Built Reservations & Revenue set up during pre-opening of this hotel. • Developed and implemented Reservations & Revenue SOP’s. • Implementation of special packages and closed user group offers helped us to improve direct bookings. • Utilized allotments effectively on wholesaler and travel agent’s segments and surpassed our market share. Achieved top production by room nights in the city for Hotelbeds in 2012, 2013 & 2014. • Top producer by room nights in the city for Expedia and related channels in 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015. • Achieved highest ADR (QAR 787.00 avg.) which was QAR 164.00 higher than our competitors (4 star hotels) and QAR 48 higher than any 05 star hotels in the vicinity during 2012 UNFCCC – COP18 conference. • Achieved highest ADR (QAR 707.00 avg.) which was QAR 71.00 higher than our competitors during 2011 Petroleum Congress event. • Awarded for Top ten “High Quality & Standard Hotels” of the country by Qatar Tourism Authority for Operational & Customer service excellence. • Played a key role in developing emergency response procedures of the hotel and headed security team consist of 8 team members. Developed and implemented contingency plan for the hotel operation during system down time.
Rydges Plaza Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesReservationsMarch 2007 - June 2010 · 3 years and 5 months
• Inventory, pricing management and distribution / Cross sell & up sell incentive implementation / Maintaining corporate, Travel Agents and group contracts / Handling group blocks, rooming list, payment and other arrangements / Sales calls participation / Sales leads management and communication / Training / Report generation and distribution. • Acting Duty / Night Manager during the absence of the Duty / Night Manager.
Front Office Supervisor
The Rain Tree Hotel Chennai - Chennai, IndiaFront Office receptionJanuary 2006 - March 2007 · 1 year and 3 months
• Staff duty roaster preparation / Shift briefings / Room assignments / Arrival, departure preparation / Handling VIP guest arrangements / Training / Monitor staff grooming / Effective inter-departmental communication / Knowledge on promotions, offers and effective selling of the services / departmental document control (log books, Incident reports, etc..) / Handling housekeeping discrepancy / Guest relations / Report generation and distribution.
Front Office Agent
Fortune Pandiyan Hotel Madurai - Madurai, IndiaFront Office receptionDecember 2004 - December 2005 · 1 year and 1 month
• Daily check-in, check-out performance / Effective handling of guest queries / Room assignments / Guest relations / Providing orientation, Training to new staff, trainees / Effective inter-departmental communication / Report generation and distribution.
Bachelor Degree, Hotel Managament
Madurai Kamaraj University - Madurai, IndiaApril 2001 - April 2004
Date of birth
May 20th 1984
- Business Development
- Inventory control
- Knowledge about IDS next
- Preopening experience
- Revenue Managment
- Rooms division management
- SOP development
- SOP implementation
- Task Force
- Team Management