Join Hosco and view Ramesh's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Passionate revenue professional with 14 years hospitality experience
• Pre-opening and Task force experienced at Doha, Dar es Salaam, Addis Ababa and Kampala Markets.
• IDEAS G3 RMS experienced.
• Forecasting, Budgeting and financial principles
• Training and development
• Analytical and strategic thinker with a strong focus on goals
• Team Player
• Creation, implementation of revenue strategies
• Extremely self-motivated and pro-active
• Business development
Ramada Resort Dar es Salaam - Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaRevenue ManagementOctober 2015 - Now · 3 years and 2 months
Cluster Revenue Manager: Ramada Resort Dar es Salaam - Tanzania & Ramada Addis Ababa - Ethiopia May 2017 – July 2018 Achievements: • Achieved No: 1 position for Ramada Addis Ababa & No: 4 position for Ramada Resort Dar es Salaam in RGI growth June YTD 2018 among Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Managed Properties in EMEA region. • Implemented rate structure by segmentation which resulted in improved Occupancy and Revpar. • Successful implementation of inventory & rates with hotel PMS and Synxis CR through Opera Exchange Interface (OXI). • Created and implemented appropriate packages and promotions for optimum results. • Implementation and continuous monitoring of Front Office Upsell & Cross sell incentive plan. • Successful implementation of IDEAS G3 RMS in both hotels. At Ramada Resort Dar es Salaam: • Achieved No: 1 rank in the country in MPI, RGI and ARI during the December 2017 holiday’s season. • Successful implementation of up sell & Cross sell plan with ongoing performance evaluation & training. • Streamlined Tour Operators commission procedure to save commission expenses. • Trained and developed a result oriented Reservations and Front Office team consist of 13 associates. • Introduced “Weekend Resident Rate” which increased direct bookings by 11% in occupancy and resulted in more Room, Food & Beverage revenue and commission savings. Managed to secure more repeat guests through this offer. • Implemented different dynamic meal package rates through wholesaler, travel agents point of sale which have contributed significant revenue figures to Food & Beverage. • Implemented tailor made conference package rate structures, innovative venue hire ideas which helped to increase the volume of our conference & meeting bookings. • Achieved 4.7% growth in occupancy for 2017 YTD while sub market fell down by 4.6%. • Achieved 5% YOY growth in online channel production for 2017. • Achieved 30% YOY growth in Wholesaler segment production for 2017. • Achieved 45% YOY growth in Local Promotions segment production for 2017. • Expanded the hotel visibility through active search, contract execution for new tour operators, wholesalers via online searches and associations like Tanzanian Association of Tour Operators (TATO), African Travel & Tourism Association (ATTA).
Asst. Revenue / Front Office Manager
Ramada Encore Doha - Doha, QatarRevenue ManagementOctober 2010 - October 2015 · 5 years and 1 month
• Developed a successful, goal oriented Front Office and Reservations team consist of 18 team members. • Built Reservations & Revenue set up during pre-opening of this hotel. • Developed and implemented Reservations & Revenue SOP’s. • Implementation of special packages and closed user group offers helped us to improve direct bookings. • Utilized allotments effectively on wholesaler and travel agent’s segments and surpassed our market share. Achieved top production by room nights in the city for Hotelbeds in 2012, 2013 & 2014. • Top producer by room nights in the city for Expedia and related channels in 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015. • Achieved highest ADR (QAR 787.00 avg.) which was QAR 164.00 higher than our competitors (4 star hotels) and a maximum of QAR 48 higher than any 05 star hotels in the vicinity during 2012 UNFCCC – COP18 conference. • Achieved highest ADR (QAR 707.00 avg.) which was QAR 71.00 higher than our competitors during 2011 Petroleum Congress event. • Awarded for Top ten “High Quality & Standard Hotels” of the country by Qatar Tourism Authority for Operational & Customer service excellence. • Played a key role in developing emergency response procedures of the hotel and headed security team consist of 8 team members. Developed and implemented contingency plan for the hotel operation during system down time. • Headed the hotel during Hotel Manager’s absence. Chaired morning brief on behalf of Hotel Manager and offered daily operational support to other HODs.
Rydges Plaza Dubai - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesReservationsMarch 2007 - June 2010 · 3 years and 5 months
• Inventory, pricing management and distribution / Cross sell & up sell incentive implementation / Maintaining corporate, Travel Agents and group contracts / Handling group blocks, rooming list, payment and other arrangements / Sales calls participation / Sales leads management and communication / Training / Report generation and distribution. • Acting Duty / Night Manager during the absence of the Duty / Night Manager.
Front Office Supervisor
The Rain Tree Hotel Chennai - Chennai, IndiaFront Office receptionJanuary 2006 - March 2007 · 1 year and 3 months
• Staff duty roaster preparation / Shift briefings / Room assignments / Arrival, departure preparation / Handling VIP guest arrangements / Training / Monitor staff grooming / Effective inter-departmental communication / Knowledge on promotions, offers and effective selling of the services / departmental document control (log books, Incident reports, etc..) / Handling housekeeping discrepancy / Guest relations / Report generation and distribution.
Front Office Agent
Fortune Pandiyan Hotel Madurai - Madurai, IndiaFront Office receptionDecember 2004 - December 2005 · 1 year and 1 month
• Daily check-in, check-out performance / Effective handling of guest queries / Room assignments / Guest relations / Providing orientation, Training to new staff, trainees / Effective inter-departmental communication / Report generation and distribution.
Bachelor Degree, Hotel Managament
Madurai Kamaraj University - Madurai, IndiaApril 2001 - April 2004
- Business Development
- Inventory control
- Knowledge about IDS next
- Preopening experience
- Revenue Managment
- SOP development
- SOP implementation
- Task Force
- Team Management