Join Hosco and view Rank's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Experienced Hotelier looking for a new challenge after taking a break. Please feel free to contact me to chat or learn more about how I can help increase sales as well as guest satisfaction, and operational readiness! Willing to relocate.
I can be contacted via linkedin or any of the following means.
Skype : Rank Tan
Wechat : Ranktan
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales and Revenue Manager
Rembrandt Hotel and Towers Bangkok - Bangkok, ThailandSales & MarketingJuly 2015 - July 2017
- Achieved an increased in online sales by 200% and revenue from online and direct sources by 50%. - Set up and managed a structured revenue management system, which saw an increase in overall ADR by 20%. - As sales manager, I trained and managed the sales and reservations team, and ensured that all relevant KPIs were met. - Personally ensured that my team built and maintained good relationships with our partners and corporate clients. - Doubled up as lobby manager, meeting and greeting guests when they arrive, as well as building a personal relationship with new and long time guests, converting 20% of OTA guests into direct, return guests. - Built and maintained strong relationship with direct and corporate guests, and have even been mentioned by name on Tripadvisor for providing an excellent guest experience. - Address guest complaints, ensuring that all issues and problems are resolved within the fastest time frame. - Introduced a structured reservation SOP and system, increasing efficieny and effectiveness of the reservations department. - Participated in weekly sales and marketing meetings with the owner and management, to plan and implement marketing and guest experience improvements. - Conduct weekly sales meetings with my team, as well as debriefing for feedback and brainstorming of ideas to increase sales and productivity - Did research and reports on market trends and competitor analysis, using the data to propose solutions and campaigns - Produce weekly revenue and occupancy reports. - Worked on monthly and yearly budget together with the General Manager - Personally met and greeting guests from Europe, US and China, due to my ability to communicate in fluent English and good Mandarin, and my experience living in Europe, New Zealand and Asia - During my first year, I built and maintained Rembrandt Tower's current website, including SEO, resulting in an increase in hit rate, direct enquiries and reservations.
Business Development and Logistics Manager
Babytown Singapore - SingaporeAsset ManagementOctober 2010 - September 2013
- Through online campaigns and customer relations management, helped to increase the revenue of the company by more than 300% over 3 years (started with 10 deliveries per week, reached a peak of 140 deliveries per week on average) - Clinched largest single deal for the company by sourcing and liaising with a Chinese manufacturer and securing an exclusive supply contract for the customer - Took charge of the daily operations, by planning and implementing the logistics and delivery schedules. With my expertise in logistics and experience with the roads, managed to increase the number of deliveries from 10 per day to a maximum of 30 per day. - Maintained good working relations with suppliers and customers, building rapport through regular visits and sales calls - Exploring and opening new markets, including overseas markets in Malaysia and Hong Kong, through visits and research - Quality control of supplies through warehouse inspection, travelling to Malaysia on occasion to ensure that all ordered goods are in good condition - Plan and implement shipping and delivery routes to ensure efficient and effective delivery - Train and manage a team of logistic executives and delivery drivers
Senior Marketing Associate
Huttons Asia Pte Ltd - SingaporeSales & MarketingMarch 2010 - October 2010
My role at Huttons was to provide expert advise and services for clients looking to buy and sell residential properties.
GrandTech Systems Pte Lrd - SingaporeSales & MarketingJune 2009 - February 2010
My role in GrandTech included but is not limited to : - - Manage the sales, marketing and logistics of the Shure brand of earphones in Singapore- Established 10 new channels with 2 major channels that consistently ordered an average of $10k worth of stocks every month. My achievements at GrandTech include : - - Managed to get some of the channel partners to set aside a small area in the store to put up and display Shure marketing collateral and materials. - Managed to organize a channel event with partners and press with almost no support and minimum budget from HQ and principle. - Managed to get involved in roadshows and exhibitions with limited monthly budget of less than $300.
Marketing Support Executive
Vector Magnetics Pte Ltd - SingaporeSales & MarketingSeptember 2006 - April 2009
My role and responsibilities in this company include the following : - - To ensure the smooth running of events, advertising and marketing of SanDisk product line, and to provide technical and after sales support to consumers. My experience and achievements include :- - Have done 6 major exhibitions and various other minor roadshows with the company. This includes liaising and setting up of booths, managing the booth for the entire duration of the events and overseeing the part time sales staff. - Set up and managed SanDisk showroom in funan for the 2 years that it remained open.
Elite Infotech - SingaporeSales & MarketingSeptember 2004 - August 2006
My role and responsibility in this job was : - - To manage and run a retail store selling electronics and IT products. My achievements include the following : - - Hit record sales transactions and figures during some months. (Incentives were given to sales teams that hit the targeted sales amount with further cash incentive for anything beyond that).
EnglishNative or fluent100%
ChineseNative or fluent100%
- Customer Relations (CRM)
- Guest Relations
- MS Office
- Opera PMS
- Revenue Analysis
- Revenue Management