Join Hosco and view Renyu's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Assistant Director of Engineering with diversified more than 11 years of successful experience in hospitality, distinguished by commended performance, and proven results.
9 years and 6 months
Assistant Director of Engineering
JA GOLF RESORTS & HOTELS - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesEngineering & MaintenanceAugust 2017 - Now · 2 years and 6 months
• Maintaining the operations for multi properties with 800 + Rooms, Stable, Marina, Golf Course, Shooting Club including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and other related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. • Accompanying the construction of a brand-new hotel during the pre-opening phase, attend regular meetings during the construction of the hotel. • Overseeing the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively. • Complete training in building/ engineering and management or similar qualification, ideally already experience in a comparable position. • Following prescribed safety procedures for personnel and equipment by the company and other related authorities and Ensuring compliance with regulations and internal policies. • Maintaining effective energy management and preventive maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel. • Overseeing execution of long-term preventative maintenance and 10-year asset protection plans and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel. • Developing and implementing engineering strategies meant for the development of technological tools and processes required for current and future hotel’s development. Proactively managing potential threats and concerns. • Reviewing financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget. • Managed department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals. • Participating in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; managing projects as needed. • Prepared weekly and period end P&L critiques and the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals; educated staff on details as appropriate. • Reviewed and managed controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc. • Used precision test equipment such as Transformers, multi-meters, Boilers, and generators. • Followed up on manufacturing and field reports and resolved outstanding problems. • Conducted engineering and detailed experimental tests to collect design data and assist in research work, to control and closely monitor all utility consumption, and to ensure optimum energy usage by all departments in the hotel. • Ensuring compliance with state, local and federal regulations. • Ensuring building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation - Abu Dhabi, United Arab EmiratesOtherMarch 2016 - July 2017 · 1 year and 6 months
• Awarded LEED Certification for efforts in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. • Supporting management of Property Operations and maintaining property Standards • Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service • Maintain effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs and conduct special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel. • Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion. • Developed, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses. • Resourced allocation through establishing a flexible work force throughout the Division, based on the Principles of Multi Skilling and Multi-Tasking. • Used precision test equipment such as Transformers, multi-meters, Boilers, and generators. • Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records. • Followed up on manufacturing and field reports and resolved outstanding problems. • Conducted engineering and detailed experimental tests to collect design data and assist in research work. • Controlled and closely monitored all utility consumption, and to ensure optimum energy usage by all departments in the hotel. • Maintain, monitor and test hotel's emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, baggage scanners etc. • Reviewed and approved all invoices and Purchase Requests involving technical services and installations, machinery, parts etc. • Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long-term planning and day-to-day operations.
Assistant Manager- Engineering
JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity - New Delhi, IndiaEngineering & MaintenanceJanuary 2015 - March 2016 · 1 year and 3 months
• Awarded as First Female Manager Engineering for Marriott in Asia pacific. • Assisted department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. • Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with attention towards safety, security and asset protection. • Assigned, tracked and followed up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors. • Managed day to day Maintenance activities and ensure all standards are followed. • Coordinated preventative maintenance Program for guests, public areas, and safety systems, maintaining all associated records. • Monitor, update, and implement the fire Safety plan, building evacuation plan and disaster recovery plan. • Ensured prompt and immediate response to maintenance requests for Guests, and colleagues. • Followed up the annual maintenance budget and implement capital projects according to maintained capital reserve plan and policy. • Helped to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Assistant Manager Engineering
DLF HOTELS & LUXURY HOMES - Gurugram, IndiaEngineering & MaintenanceApril 2013 - January 2015 · 1 year and 10 months
• Completed handover process from fit out team and project team. • Overseeing the operations, repair and maintenance of facilities and equipment's to accomplish goals. • Complied with codes and regulations by complying with requirements; preparing permit applications, plans, and compliance reports. • Collating & preparation of Technical report with analysis. Determines engineering requirements by conducting inspections and analytical tests; analyzing and synthesizing data; maintaining control charts; determining root causes; preparing bid specifications. • Resolved engineering problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams; evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; resolving design integration issues; developing specifications and safety standards; performing installations. • Maintained and improved quality results by completing quality assurance tests; following standards; studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes. • Assign, direct and evaluate the work of technical team. • Coordination with various contractors for assets and documents handover. • Maintaining daily consumption of electricity. • Met cost standards by preparing cost-benefit analyses; tracking and reporting expenses.
Assistant Manager- Engineering
Ramada Hotels - New Delhi, IndiaEngineering & MaintenanceDecember 2011 - April 2013 · 1 year and 5 months
• Coordinated with other dept. for PMS Maintain all statutory licenses required on time. • Managed hiring, training, career development and performance evaluations for maintenance staff. • Conducted job training for all the staff Maintained adequate inventory of parts, tools, supplies and purchasing records. • Supervised and assisted engineering staff in maintaining and repairing fire and life safety systems, room equipment, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, refrigeration equipment, pool equipment, lighting, laundry equipment and other systems/equipment as directed. • Responsible for efficient operation of Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, HVAC, Painting, Entertainment and Telecommunication section. • Ensured the safety and comfort of guests and the Employees. • Directed and supervised other engineering activities.
Radisson Blu - New Delhi, IndiaEngineering & MaintenanceAugust 2010 - December 2011 · 1 year and 5 months
• Handled and managing work related to the pre-opening of the hotel in aspects of engineering, this comprises from planning to hire of regular staff & contractual staff. • To ensure all logbooks, record sheets and dairy of events are correctly completed and kept up to date prior to finishing my shift. • Ensured the efficient, economical and sound operation of equipment under his jurisdiction, i.e. Boiler, Chiller, Emergency Generators, Fire Pumps, Kitchen, Refrigeration, HVAC/Laundry and the auxiliaries of these, etc. • Performed daily rounds of inspection in the entire building, giving attention to defective or deficient life safety features and observes closely the condition of all operating facilities and equipment. • Ensured coordination with other operating departments in the implementation of repair and maintenance schedule. • Taking charge of engineering operations from project team and carrying out all necessary trials and measures for smooth hand over. • Planning of the hierarchy. Supervising the engineering team in coordination with Assistant Manager and Chief engineer to achieve targets in terms of safety and quality assurance.
William Carey University - Shillong, IndiaApril 2009 - March 2011
Hindu Engineering Colloege - New Delhi, IndiaMay 2004 - June 2008
Native or fluent
Native or fluent
Date of birth
February 28th 1986
- Ability to Handle Surprises
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Decision making
- Goal Oriented Focus
- Knowledge of the Product
- Operation and Control
- Preventive maintenance
- Prioritization and organization skills
- Quality Control Analysis
- Technical and Functional Expertise.