Join Hosco and view Ricardo's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Devoted and dynamic Manager with more than 20 years of top-level management for multi-service Hotels and Only Members Private Club, providing guests with the highest degree of service in Hospitality, F&B quality and Customer Service. With a track record managing independent hotel Brands without middle management allowed to develop a strong general Operations experience and to maximize resources, staff development and improving quality service through expert and intense leadership.
I bet on a daily and participative presence in the operation, presenting, whenever possible, examples of ethics, quality and integrity at work. I have a strong commercial and marketing background, developing Revenue Management principles in Hosting and managing sales channels. With strong capacity to unite and motivating staff to overcome goals, exceed their own expectations, to deliver an outstanding hospitality service and high standards of food quality and service. Passionate about customer service and exceeding expectations, he seeks direct contact with customers in order to use a methodical but effective approach to improve and develop customer service.
Experienced and usually hired to improve bottom-line margins while increasing quality, restructure services, build strong teams and for Hotel openings, develop standards and promote their services.
Resilient facing adversities without losing sight on quality of services and costs control as a way to achieve goals.
Oporto Cricket & Lawn Tennis Club - Porto, PortugalManagementApril 2007 - July 2018 · 11 years and 4 months
- Manage a Only Members Private Club in 20.000 sqm property with a daily services of F&B in a full service “a la carte” Restaurant, full service Snack-bar with 3 a la carte Menus, and Banquets & Events services along with sports facilities composed by 4 Clay Tennis Courts and 2 all-weather Tennis courts , 1 Squash court, 2 swimming pools and a two natural grass football field size area for Cricket, Football and Hockey practice; - Negotiated and Implemented a PMS adapted to club services reality, interconnecting accommodation reservations, events and sports bookings and invoicing, with the Restaurants POS along with each member current account; - Definition and implementation of a new website, with the introduction of new contents, namely access to members personal information and current account status; - Development of an investment plan for remodelling of Rooms, resulting in an increase in occupancy rates and RevPAR by 156%; - Development and introduction of services, namely new menus for events and banquets, thematic charts, etc., allowing an increase in F&B revenue by 37%; - Increase in the investment capacity by around 80%, which allowed major works to improve and restore structures; - Introduction of cost control policies and F & B management with the introduction of technical data sheets and information on consumption and preferences resulting in lower production costs; - Management and supervision of all investment and maintenance projects carried out; -Managed and Supervised of all day-to-day operational activities and team management composed of 27 effective employees and teams in Outsourcing services.
Aparthotel Mira Villas **** - Aveiro, PortugalManagementFebruary 2004 - January 2005 · 12 months
- Opening of a Four Stars Boutique Hotel composed by 30 lodging units, room of events, swimming pool and tennis courts, Restaurant with full service a la carte and lounge-bar; - Selection and training of employees and implementation of SOPs; - Introduced and configuration of the PMS system (PROTEL), definition of pricing and segments; - Introduction and commercialization of thematic packages for corporate team building, obtaining a 20% increase in housing revenue and 15% in revenue in complementary services.
Aparthotel Mãe D`Água *** - Braga, PortugalManagementOctober 2003 - January 2004 · 4 months
- Managed and monitored the acquisition process of the Hotel.
Hotel Povoa de Lanhoso *** - Póvoa de Lanhoso, PortugalAdministration & GeneralDecember 2001 - October 2003 · 1 year and 11 months
Open and manage 40 room hotel; Successfully prepared the Hotel for the Official Opening Licensing; Oversee all hotel activities, supervising all Operations carried out day-to-day; Promote the Hotel, building start up sales and developed an avenue of market awareness; Increased OCC by 25 percent closing the second year;
Aparthotel Mãe D`Agua *** - Braga, PortugalAdministration & GeneralJanuary 2000 - November 2001 · 1 year and 11 months
Improved guest services standards, increasing guests satisfaction levels by 12 percent; Increased the overall revenue of the Hotel by 15 percent after 6 moths; Reduced the operations costs by 20 percent by renegotiating contracts for outsourcing services and maintenances;
Aparthotel Mãe D`Agua *** - Braga, PortugalConsultingOctober 1999 - December 1999 · 3 months
Represent the Owner of the 30 Apartments Hotel, audit the management made by hotel group, present report with conclusions and recommendations.
Advanced Hospitality Revenue Management: Pricing and Demand Strategies
eCornell | Online Learning by Cornell UniversityJune 2018 - August 2018
Católica Porto Business School - Porto, PortugalOctober 2009 - July 2010
Instituto Politécnico de viana do Castelo - Viana do Castelo, PortugalJuly 2005 - September 2006
Bachelor in Tourism
Instituto Politécnico de Viana do Castelo - Viana do Castelo, PortugalSeptember 1989 - July 1993
Bachelor in Tourism Management (4 years Plan)
PortugueseNative or fluent100%
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Catering Management
- Conference coordination
- Critical Thinking
- Customer and guest care.
- Customer Service orientation
- Good social skills
- Guest oriented
- Hotel Management
- Hotel Operations
- Hotel Revenue Management
- Judgment&Decision; Making
- Managing & Leading Staff
- Open minded and flexible
- Operation Monitoring & Analysis
- Producing & implementing SOPs
- Solving problems