Join Hosco and view Ruri's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Senior Conference Services Manager
Trump Soho Hotel - New York, IA, United StatesOtherOctober 2012 - April 2014
• Handle all aspects of groups from the pre-planning process to the execution on the day of the event and stay. • Work closely with the Director of Catering and Conference Services Manager to maintain service and operating standards for a Luxury Hotel experience. • Responsible for the upkeep of Delphi for the service aspect.
Meetings and Events Manager
Trump Soho Hotel - EuropeOtherNovember 2010 - October 2012
• Handle all aspects of groups and catering events, including social events (weddings, bar mitzvahs, galas, fund raisers and auctions) from the pre-planning process to the execution on the day of the event and/or stay. • Work closely with Housekeeping, Front Office, F&B, Banquets, Revenue and Sales in order to accomplish all necessary requirements from the contracted groups and events. • Work closely with clients and guests, assuring all expectations are met and event and stay are satisfactory in a Luxury Hotel environment. • Assisted the department in the Delphi and Opera conversions. In charge of the menu detailing and launching for 2011.
Conference Services and Finance Manager
InterContinental The Barclay - EuropeOtherJune 2010 - October 2010
• Recruited in order to support and guide through two major programs: o The US Open - over 5,000 room nights and an F&B spend of $500,000. o The UN General Assembly - hosting over 25 Delegations for a high quality, attentive and customized service for prolonged hours every day. $3 million in revenue for both rooms and food and beverage events. • Trained and guided the Front Office for both events and supported the day to day Operations. • Task force in planning and executing the G8 luncheon, including the final billing procedure. • Handled groups from the planning process, to assisting them in executing a successful event whilst in house. • Worked closely with Housekeeping, Front Office, F&B, Banquets, Revenue and Sales in order to accomplish all necessary requirements from the contracted groups. • Worked closely with clients and guests, assuring all expectations are met and event and stay are satisfactory. • Handled all Accounts Receivable tasks, including securing monies for groups.
Director of Front Office
Hotel Roger Williams - EuropeOtherJune 2009 - March 2010
• Worked closely with General Manager in order to ensure high level of service standards are being met and followed. • Responsible of PBX, Concierge, Front Desk, Assistant Front Office Managers and Bellmen. A total of 19 employees. • Ensure proper communication between departments is held, specially with Sales and Revenue in order to maximize revenue. • Acting Manager on Duty for the weekends and ensuring all Hotel Operations are in order. • Ensure that the department is on budget, making sure expenses, supplies and scheduling are up to required levels. • Achieved the highest score of 95% overall for the entire Front Office in various mystery shoppers. • Focused on day to day training, coaching and role playing with Front Office Employees to teach and refresh standards for the Hotel.
Conference Services Manager
InterContinental The Barclay - EuropeOtherNovember 2008 - April 2009
• Handled groups from the planning process, to assisting them in executing a successful event whilst in house. • Worked closely with Housekeeping, Front Office, F&B, Banquets, Revenue and Sales in order to accomplish all necessary requirements from the contracted groups. • Worked closely with clients and guests, assuring all expectations are met and event and stay are satisfactory.
Front Desk Manager
InterContinental The Barclay - EuropeOtherOctober 2007 - November 2008
• Worked closely with the Director of Front Office Operations and Assistant Director of Front Office. • Managed the Front Desk daily Operations and supervise the Front Desk Agents and Supervisors. • Responsible for scheduling and payroll. • Successfully implemented organizational procedures and forms to improve communication and performance. • Departmental Trainer and was in charge of all training at the Front Office as well as New Hires. Achievement of a perfect score for the mystery shopper.
InterContinental The Barclay - EuropeOtherFebruary 2007 - October 2007
• Worked closely with the Front Office Manager, and Assistant Front Office Manager. • Supervised the Front Desk, Guest Relations, Concierge, Bellmen and Business Center; and overlooked the proper training of all staff. • Worked closely with guests making sure that their stay was satisfactory.
InterContinental The Barclay - EuropeOtherMarch 2006 - February 2007
• Trained as an Assistant Manager, in charge of the everyday operations at the front desk, as well as the supervision of the front desk agents. • Trained as the Overnight Manager, controlling operations during night time and the handling of the night audit. • Cross training in Housekeeping department, overlooking the operational aspect as well as scheduling.
BBA in Hospitality with marketing
Les Roches International School of Hotel Management [ EURHODIP - International Association supporting Hospitality and Tourism Education and Training ] - Sierre, SwitzerlandJuly 2002 - December 2005
SpanishNative or fluent100%