Join Hosco and view Sónia's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a senior hotel professional with 15 years of experience in the luxury travel industry. I was previously focused in the leisure and luxury segment working in a property in the Algarve with a strong focus on sport. This was my first contact with sports science/ stress management and the understanding of what wellness tour operators are looking for.
I am self-motivated and results driven, I have a clear and in-depth knowledge of all elements of the sales and marketing function. My particular skill set lies in customer acquisition, client loyalty, team management and the creation and implementation of successful sales & marketing strategies.
Combining my passion for luxury hospitality with attention to detail, excellent interpersonal communication skills and strategic commercial instinct, I have developed a comprehensive understanding of hotel operations and value the achievement of doing a job well.
I chose to move deeper into the wellness segment to focus on personalised health and wellness programmes, to give back to our customers. As I have progressed in my career I have realised that numbers are obviously important but they only mean so much. At Longevity seeing the positive results and educating clients to take away their tools to create a better life for themselves is a powerful motivation.
LONGEVITY WELLNESS WORLDWIDE - Faro, PortugalAsset ManagementJanuary 2018 - Now · 1 year and 1 month
• Leadership and operation of all the Sales and Reserves activity of all LONGEVITY operations • Revenue development of the current markets and new markets and segments according to the revenue budgets. • Leadership and commercial management of all partners contracted Tour Operators, Travel Agencies and other partners of the various LONGEVITY operations. • Management and updating of contents in communication and marketing materials of Tour Operators, Travel Agencies and other partners of the various LONGEVITY operations. • Identification of new sales development opportunities, by segment, by market for the various LONGEVITY operations. • Prospecting, raising and contracting new channels / distribution partners relevant to the various market segments in which LONGEVITY operations operate. • Prospecting, raising, contracting and coordination of Groups & MICE. • Organization and monitoring of Sales Trips and Site inspections. • Organization and presence in Sales calls, fairs, tradeshows among others, and development of the respective reports. • Coordination of LONGEVITY participations in Conferences and Exhibitions with a commercial aspect. • Collaboration in the definition of sales and marketing strategies, as well as research and development of new strategies.
Director of Sales & Marketing
AMA Andalucia Health Resort - Islantilla, SpainAdministration & GeneralMay 2015 - July 2016 · 1 year and 3 months
• Oversee the organization’s Sales and Marketing programs, develop and execute strategic sales and marketing objectives across multiple brands and web properties. • Responsible for revenue goals per each web property and program or campaign. • Drive marketing and media initiatives. Oversee strategy and execution of product marketing, lead generation, and social media. • Utilize methodologies for analysing and implementing changes to campaigns in order to measure, monitor and drive performance. • Oversee SEO, SEM/PPC, PR, Content marketing, Email Marketing, Affiliate Marketing. • Develop annual and quarterly marketing budgets, evaluate performance and provide metrics to quantify results. Ensure effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to guarantee achievement of marketing objectives and designated budgets. • Proactively develop marketing strategies to meet market demands in an evolving industry. • Lead, manage and hold the marketing team accountable for meeting traffic, conversion and revenue goals. Develop a marketing department culture based on metrics-driven marketing. • Hold and lead effective meetings. • Responsible for determining the staffing needs of the Marketing department and driving the hiring, review and terminations of marketing staff. • Effectively communicate and collaborate with the Delivery team to ensure the Marketing needs for product execution are being met including customer service needs, website development and maintenance, and backend system development and maintenance. • Member of the Organizational Leadership team. Regularly participate in Organizational strategy sessions and corporate management. • Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
Head of Sales & Marketing
Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort - Lagos, PortugalSales & MarketingAugust 2014 - June 2015 · 11 months
• Prepare and submit plans, budgets, progress reports and annual sales reports • In charge of training and supervising of the hotel´s sales & marketing team, e.g. hiring, training, performance reviews • Work closely with the Board Members to determine appropriate sales strategies in all market segments towards maximizing the hotel revenues. • Responsible for maximize occupancy of Cascade Performance Sports Academies in order to optimize general business opportunities. • Create lucrative sales targets and networks business relations to corporate client, tourist offices, different book services etc. • Observe the market, identity trend and monitor the main competitors, create sales targets depending on the tide of events. • Control of expenses and the best possible costs cutting subject belongs to sales & marketing responsibility. • Managing key accounts and oversees the accounts management in all activities. Maximize sales activities managing the team in the sales office. • Coordinate sales & marketing activities with other departments • Develop goals and objectives, projects and priorities and assign to the team • Develop and conduct sales campaigns, as well as marketing and promotional plans
Cascade Performance Sports Academy - Lagos, PortugalSales & MarketingJuly 2011 - June 2015 · 3 years and 12 months
• To improve Cascade Performance Sports Academies market position and achieve financial growth. • Defining long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. • Increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. • Find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. • Managing existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. • Making presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their client’s expectations
Head of Sales
Cascade Wellness & Lifestyle Resort - Lagos, PortugalSales & MarketingJuly 2011 - August 2014 · 3 years and 2 months
Responsible for creating product range or designated market and delivering sales strategy to the administration, play a fundamental role in developing future growth, and provide vision, direction and leadership Developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets, by developing relationships with retail partners Identifying and reporting on new business opportunities in target markets Acting as an ambassador and role model for the business Taking responsibility for profit and loss Increasing market share in existing markets Establishing targets for revenue and achieving profitability. Provide direction to the department. Excellent sales, communication and negotiation skills Good management skills, together with appropriate qualifications. The ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team Initiative and driven enthusiasm Good planning and organizational skills (budget & reports writing)
Estratégia e Gestão Turísticas
Escola Superior de Tecnologia e Gestão de Beja - Beja, PortugalNovember 1999 - February 2005
Activities and Societies: Student Association - Pedagogical Council Member Specialized: General Sales, Merchandising and Related Marketing Operations Marketing/Marketing Management, General Tourism and Travel Services Management
SpanishNative or fluent100%
PortugueseNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- B2B Marketing
- Healthy lifestyle
- hotel sales
- Luxury Hotels
- Marketing Plan
- Pre opening experience