Join Hosco and view Sachin's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am dedicated to continuous process improvement in the face of rapidly evolving and changing markets. Extremely results-oriented and proactive in finding cost-effective solutions to company-wide problems.
Assistant Reservation Manager
Dubai International Hotel - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesReservationsApril 2018 - Now · 9 months
• Responsible for preparation of occupancy forecast • Responsible for updating and generating reports for the reservation pickups by Market segment. • Oversees and actions the allocating of daily tasks to the Reservations staff. • Monitors incoming emails or faxes and distributes them to whom it may concern within the Reservation Department. • Responsible for an organized and controlled email inbox and sent item folder. • Ensure that the standards of operation are always adhered to. • Review the daily Arrival Report. • Review other daily Reports, such as OTA reports, Wholesaler reports, etc. • Identify top producing accounts and ensure that the Reservations staff members are highly familiar with them. • Verifies that all Reservations entered on the previous day are done accurately. Any discrepancies should be highlighted to the responsible Department Heads. • Liaise with Revenue Manager with regards to reservations confirmed, turnaways, group rate inquiries and pick ups • Monitors the telephone manner and general performance of the Reservations staff (Audits to be done to ensure consistency). • Ensure the special handling of regular guests and VIP’s. • Reviews all guest feedback and ensures that concerns are replied to within a day. Any unresolved feedback should be forwarded to the Revenue Manager for clarification. • Action guest’s complaints, refund requests and other concerns (documents to be forwarded to the Revenue Manager for final approval). • Supports the Reservations Supervisor in checking and charging no-show reservations. • Assists the Revenue Manager in all Group Requests and monthly Group Reports. • Ensures the OXI is checked on a daily basis and any errors are either cleared of forwarded to the Revenue Manager for further review. • Ensures that all payments received via CyberSource are cleared daily. • Ensures filling is accurately done daily. • Ensures that staff Rosters, Vacation Plans, PH Requests, Absence/Medical Leaves are updated in their appropriate systems. • Establish and administer training programs for the Reservations staff. • Uphold a warm and friendly working environment.
Dubai International Hotel - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesReservationsSeptember 2014 - March 2018 · 3 years and 7 months
• Having the knowledge of entire Reservation Procedure according to the hotel’s standards. • Oversee daily operations of the Reservations Department. • Ensure the punctuality, discipline and overall bearing of the Reservations staff members. • Supervise the activities of the Reservations staff members and ensure that it is according to the required standard of operations. • To check incoming email or faxes and distribute to whom it may be concerned within the Reservation Department. • To ensure that all reservations confirmed are accurate and according to the room's availability and rate applicable. • Ensures all reservations taken over the phone are answered promptly and politely and in accordance to hotel standards. • Conduct shift briefing and ensure that all important matters relating to the Hotel is passed on to the Reservations staff members. • Monitor and ensure that all reservations are inputted into the system. • Review no-show reservations and process charges. • Compile reports on no-show for future business forecasting. • Assist the Reservations staff in processing Reservations during busy periods. • Coordinate closely with the other Departments to effectively accommodate guest’s special requests and amenities. • Work closely with the Revenue Manager in monthly rostering for all Reservations Staff. • Ensures that Rosters and Time Sheet are updated on time. • Carry out the filling and administration tasks such as PH form requests, vacation requests, absence/sick leave, upselling reports etc. and forwards the same to the Revenue Manager for final approval. • Ensures that the Reservation office is clean and all equipment are working properly at all times. • Responsible for ordering office materials and maintain required stocks levels. • Assess and coordinates with the Revenue Manager, the training needs of the Reservations staff and make the necessary recommendations. • Follow-up on established training plans. • Ensure attendance in staff meetings. • Heed personal and professional improvement through continuous learning and attendance in internal and external training. • Uphold a warm and friendly working environment.
Dubai International Hotel - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesReservationsDecember 2011 - September 2014 · 2 years and 10 months
To confirm reservations for rooms according to the room availability issued by the Revenue Manager in agreement of the room rates that are currently in effect. • To process all group reservations that have been negotiated by the Revenue Manager. • To record and send out confirmations of all reservations, neatly and accurately as per the SOP standards. • To report any complaints from our guest or clients to the Reservations Supervisor or Manager. • To provide maximum guest satisfaction and customer care. • Know the type of rooms available as well as their location, layout, features and amenities. • Learn and commit to memory the different services the hotel offers that range from F&B, SPA, and Meeting & Conferencing to Meet & Greet options. • Process reservations by Email, Telephone, Fax, Website, OTA’s, GDS referrals or Online Media. • Answering telephone calls in accordance to hotel policy. • Know the selling status, rates and benefits of preferred room rates or packaged rate plans. • Accurately and consistently enter booking details into the hotel’s PMS. • Determine room rates based on the revenue management principles followed by the hotel. • Send confirmation letters to the booker in a timely manner. • Process cancellations and modifications. • Understand and explain the hotel’s policies on reservations, late cancellations and no-shows. • Ensure familiarity with the hotel’s credit policy. • Process advance deposits on reservations. • Monitor advance deposit requirements. • Charge No Show and Waitlist reservations daily. • Daily website payment deposit check. • Daily Booking.Com reservations check. • Processing hotel statistic reports after night audit. • Extracting daily VIP reports. • Extracting Upselling reports • Reporting Turnaways.
B.Sc. in Hospitality Studies
Kohinoor College Of Hotel Management Mumbai, MH, India - Dadar, IndiaAugust 2008 - April 2011
H.S.C (Science Stream)
RJ Thakur Vidyamandir Thane, MH, India - Thane, IndiaJune 2006 - June 2008
HindiNative or fluent100%
MarathiNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Customer Relations
- Flexible thinker
- • Multi-Operations Management
- Quality Control
- Recruitment and Talent Development
- Results oriented
- Strategic Planning
- Talented multi-tasker