Join Hosco and view Samuel's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am an enthusiast in hospitality, result driven and self motivated. I have an innate ability to influence my team members towards a profitable and desired outcome building strong relationships with both team members and clients along the way. I believe in strong leadership, a positive can-do attitude and giving the best that one has to their craft. I also enjoy socializing and playing basketball during my free time.
Assistant Restaurant Manager
Java House Africa - Nairobi, KenyaF&B serviceDecember 2015 - January 2018 · 2 years and 2 months
• Planed, directed and monitored all branch operations working within the budget to realize profitability of the unit • Resolved and consistently managed client complaints to a reasonable end. • Kept relevant mail communication flow between cost centers, suppliers, staff and management. • Handled profit and loss analysis and presentation and, using the findings, consistently improved revenue generation and unit profitability. • Asset management and adherence to all business legal requirements by ensuring proper licensing and updated industry training. • Maintained good relationship with suppliers and business partners to ensure quality products and deliveries. • Planned and delegated shifts and duties to staff accompanied by on the job training. • Formulated and implemented working solutions at the branch level that helped minimize wastage, loss and effectively increased revenue and profitability of the units. • Provided reliable leadership and motivation for all staff at the units and conducted daily pre-shift briefings.
Java House Africa - Nairobi, KenyaF&B serviceApril 2015 - November 2015 · 8 months
• Preparing all drinks available on the menu which included; coffee drinks, milkshakes, smoothies, juices and frappe’. • Sale of pastries, cakes, roast coffee and sundaes on offer, • Proper stocks keeping, ensuring minimal wastage at the counter, maintaining counter costs to the minimum and also actively training of newly promoted baristas.
Art cafe coffee and Bakery - Nairobi, KenyaF&B serviceSeptember 2014 - March 2015 · 7 months
• Prepared all drinks on the outlet menu to internationally accepted standard. • Increased revenue by selling pastries and dishes on offer for take away guests. • Served seat in and take away guests at the outlet upholding the brand’s quality service • Stock take and maintaining par levels for products at the outlet. • Acted as the cashier when required.
Group Assistant Head barista
Rockbern coffee group. - Nairobi, KenyaEventsFebruary 2014 - June 2014 · 5 months
I was actively involved in all coffee value addition processes from profiling, roasting, packaging, sale, and preparation of classic and signature drinks on behalf of the company for clients. I invented new drinks with syrup products sold by the company and pitched them to clients (hotels and restaurants) to incorporate then into their menus hence increasing sales for both the company and client. I successfully trained well over 30 armature baristas with the passion for coffee drinks preparation and espresso machine use and maintenance into professional baristas.
Barista / cashier
Mama's fine french patisseries and bakery - Nairobi, KenyaF&B serviceDecember 2012 - January 2014 · 1 year and 2 months
• Prepared specialty coffee drinks, milkshakes, smoothies and mock-tails to international standards for guest at the outlet • I actively increased revenue by selling and up-selling dishes, special order cakes and pastries offered at the outlet. • I was in charge of receiving payments for goods and services, reconciling sales for my shifts and occasionally banking day’s sales.
SwahiliNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Accounting: basic
- A team player
- Barista skill
- Basic cocktail mixing
- Details attention
- Financial reports
- food cost
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving
- Good time management
- Highly organised
- Knowledge of food
- Strong leadership