Join Hosco and view Santiago's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Exceptional record of success in the management of domestic and international hospitality sales and marketing operations. An award-winning executive with a consistent history of increasing revenue, profitability, and market share. Special expertise in developing relationships with C-level executives, non-profit organizations, and business partners to enhance brand visibility and maximize loyalty. Excel at developing innovative solutions to meet industry needs, formulating business development strategies, and identifying new business areas. Background includes expanding presence in the Latino community and driving growth in the financial, insurance, pharmaceutical, technology, retail, and sports sectors.
* Produced $10.9M in revenue for first half of 2018 (109% of goal) at The New Yorker hotel.
* Led The New Yorker to a TripAdvisor ranking of #2 in customer service out of all hotels in New York City with 1,000 or more rooms.
* Took revenue from $12M to $18.9M (57.5%), with consistent YoY growth, at FRHI Hotels & Resorts.
* Exceeded all revenue goals, from 128% of target to 135% of target, each year.
* Increased sales $4.8M in 2006 for Disney Destinations by reviving inactive accounts.
* Grew market share 15% in 2002 despite a dramatic downturn in the economy.
* Averaged $8.4M and achieved steady sales growth, up to 5% over plan, each year from 2001 to 2005.
* Managed group and convention business for 10 Disney convention resorts and the lead office.
* Captured an additional 25% of market share by spearheading industry leadership involvement.
* Earned 2 Global Sales Masters awards and a LinkedIn Ambassador award from FRHI Hotels & Resorts.
* Recognized with 2 Top Producer awards with Disney Resort Sales.
* Received multiple leadership and organizational awards from Meeting Professionals International and Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting
* Delivered annual revenue growth ranging from $7M to $7.8M, an average of 5% per year while with the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting.
Associate Director of Sales
The New Yorker, A Wyndham Hotel - New York, NY, United StatesSales & MarketingNovember 2017 - August 2018 · 10 months
Oversaw sales and business development strategy for the 7th-largest hotel in Manhattan, with 1,050 guest rooms, 23,000 sq. ft. of function space, and 26,000 sq. ft. of additional event space in partnership with The Manhattan Center. Develop policies, procedures, processes, strategies, and business plans. Perform competitor and market analyses and identify new opportunities for market penetration. Supervise a staff of 8 direct reports and administer a $65M P&L. * Grew sales by developing strategies to increase business within the group, SMERF, FIT, contract, leisure, and tour/travel markets. * Achieved a 2018 MPI index of 13.1 and an RGI index of 4.0, while being recognized for leading the competition in percentage of positive change from 2017 to 2018.
Director of Sales
Hilton New York Grand Central Hotel, A TPG Hotels & Resorts - New York, NY, United StatesSales & MarketingJune 2017 - November 2017 · 6 months
Managed room and conference space sales for this 300-room landmark hotel with 3,500 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space. Hired and trained staff. Served on the Executive Committee. Performed budget administration and forecasting. Developed sales strategies. * Acquired an 831 room night/$170,000 revenue account, delivering 25% of the August, 2017 sales. * Grew room nights 83%, ADR 3%, and room revenue 88% in the top account business travel sector.
Director, Global Accounts
FRHI Hotels & Resorts, Division of AccorHotels Group - New York, NY, United StatesSales & MarketingSeptember 2014 - December 2016 · 2 years and 4 months
Oversaw global sales for the top accounts, including Fortune 500 clients, for the Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel brands, including 120 luxury multi-brand hotel properties in 34 countries. Administered a $300,000 expense budget, supervised 11 direct and indirect reports on-site at various properties and resorts, and created sales strategies. Prepared and conducted high-level sales training. Carried out site visits at various properties with top-tier accounts. Represented company at trade shows. * Build sales 2,098% (from $91,000 to $2M) with a major Fortune 100 insurance company. * Increased account production 47% with a Fortune 100 financial company, by creating a unique strategy that included custom solutions, quarterly presentations, and a webinar platform. * Secured a major Fortune 50 technology company account that grew to $1.3M, 496% of goal. * Played a key role in the brand earning #1 Ranking for Hotel Sales Staff, Business Travel News (2016).
National Vice President, Corporate Development
Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting - New York, NY, United StatesSales & MarketingNovember 2011 - June 2014 · 2 years and 8 months
Guided a national sales organization for this association with 22,000 members. Focused on building partnerships with Fortune 500 and DiversityInc Top 50 companies to drive the recruitment and retention of Latino talent. Supervised 8 direct reports and administered a $6.7M budget. * Drove improvements in revenue and market presence by shifting the business strategy to focus on identifying new partnerships and sponsors rather than just utilizing existing collaborations. * Facilitated $1.3M in new revenue by reorganizing the communications and culture between the national and local chapters through meetings,
Multiple Companies & Positions - New York, NY, United StatesSales & MarketingNovember 1997 - November 2011 · 14 years and 1 month
Previously held the positions of Assistant National Sales Director-Disney Destinations and National Sales Manager-Walt Disney Parks & Resorts with THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY (2001-2011), and Senior Sales & Sales Manager with SHERATON HOTELS OF NEW YORK (1997-2000).
Helping Clients Succeed
Franklin Covey - New York, NY, United StatesJanuary 2016 - January 2016
Company Sales Training
Associate In Applied Science
City University of New York, NYC College of Technology - New York, NY, United StatesJune 1984 - September 1987
Hotel & Restaurant Management
SpanishNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Business transformation
- Change management
- competitive analysis
- Cost control
- Global Account Management
- LinkedIn Sales
- Luxury Sales
- Partnership Management
- Process Improvement
- Sales Operations
- Social Media Sales
- Strategic Planning
- Team Building
- Trade shows
Professional Organization & Leadership Appointments
Meeting Professionals International (MPI) 2001 - Present
* VP, Education/ Board of Directors, WestField Chapter 2015 - 2016
* Chapter Advisory Council Member, MPI HQ 2011 - 2012
* President, WestField Chapter (250 Members, 10 Volunteers) 2010 - 2011
Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting 2006 - Present
* President, New York Chapter (1,800 Members, 20 Volunteers) 2007 - 2008
* Vice President of Membership 2007