Join Hosco and view Shashank's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
My credentials prove, that I am an expert in harnessing Employee Engagement and setting the foundation for a great people and work culture in all the organizations I have worked with. I have a knack for bringing together professionals from very diverse cultures to collaborate in harmony, to achieve the ultimate purpose and vision of the companies I have been associated with. Through this, I have been able to embed the IHG Culture and Ways of Working in three IHG brands; InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn.
11 years and 5 months
Human Resources Manager
Holiday Inn Bur Dubai Embassy District - Dubai, United Arab EmiratesHuman ResourcesJanuary 2019 - Now · 1 year and 1 month
• I drive HR initiatives such as hiring, benefits, employee relations and training programs, to ensure compliance for hotel team members and drive positive team culture whilst ensuring colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life. • Coaching the General Manager and leadership team on all people-related issues. • Responsible for delivering brand related training for all levels. • In charge of Brand Standards & Quality experience. • Coordinating for 4 star Classification of the hotel from DTCM & Trade License renewal in line with PRO • Responsible for staff accommodation, Cafeteria, Transportation, and employee facilities provided by management. • Streamline of all SOP’s for driving results in operations and HR processes. • Overlooking outsourced outlet staff records and documentation • Liaising with Owning Company for Legal issues, VISA and ticketing.
Human Resources Manager
InterContinental Chennai Mahabalipuram Resort - IndiaHuman ResourcesSeptember 2016 - January 2019 · 2 years and 5 months
• Awarded as Department Leader Half yearly H1 2018 for the resort. • Nominated as Department Leader of the year for SWA-Winning Ways Awards 2017. • Nominated as Best HR Manager Award for Hotelier India Awards – 2017 representing IC Chennai. • Nominated as Champion from SWA - IHG for Talent Acquisition - Global Project in implementation of new software Lumesse (ATS) - My Recruit. • Spearheaded Campus Placement I-Grad & I-Host program for Chennai region in 2018. • Assessor for Management training program (I-Grad & I-Host) representing IHG from 2015. • HR Auditor for IHG – South West Asia. • Selected as Champion for South India region in HR Analytics & Driving careers week 2017 at IHG South West Asia. • Deployed as Taskforce for Holiday Inn Chennai OMR IT Expressway (pre-opening) for 2 months. • Achieved a remarkable improvement in Colleague heartbeat (employee satisfaction) from 77%(April) & 92.8%(Nov) in 2016 to 97%(April) & 99%(Nov) respectively, in 2017. • Introduced dynamic manning principle to control PTEB expenses. • Roll out of Rewards & Recognition program. • Launch of IHG-SWA initiatives like True Hospitality, Power Series and Organizational Leadership Architecture(OLA) • Launch of Culture of Learning – A Power learning tool for all level of colleagues
Deputy Human Resources Manager
Crowne Plaza Bengaluru - IndiaHuman ResourcesMay 2013 - September 2016 · 3 years and 5 months
• Awarded Manager of the Year in 2014. • Joined as an Assistant Manager HR (JB6), was later promoted to Dy HR Manager (JB 5) in October 2014. • Achieved a 100% in statutory compliance conducted by owning company (Internal Audit). • Streamlined the payroll process and achieved compliance in the CSA audit conducted by IHG. • Responsible for the Learning and Development department in the absence of a Training Manager. • Streamlined Contract Labor process to be as per the compliance norms.
Assistant Manager Human Resources
The Zuri Whitefield Bengaluru - IndiaHuman ResourcesApril 2011 - April 2013 · 2 years and 1 month
• Awarded Manager of the Quarter - Q1,2012. • Joined as HR Executive, later promoted as Assistant Manager HR in April 2012. • Did budgeting, competition analysis on salaries with Leadership Team & GM.
HR Team Leader
Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam - IndiaHuman ResourcesOctober 2010 - March 2011 · 6 months
• Set up the HR Department, as I was a part of the pre-opening team. • Handled the HR department for 3 months without a HR Head at the property.
Green Park Hotels and Resorts Vizag - IndiaHuman ResourcesSeptember 2008 - September 2010 · 2 years and 1 month
• Awarded the Service Excellence Award twice during my tenure here. • Developed experience in handling union issues in the first assignment of my career. • Introduced Café Comments for enhancing Cafeteria experience for all colleagues. • Streamlined Personal file management for all colleague files.
Magnus School Of Business - Hyderabad, IndiaApril 2016 - May 2018
United Arab Emirates
- Employee development
- Employee engagement
- Employee Relations
- Payroll Management
- Recruitment & Selection
- UAE Labour Law