Join Hosco and view Shashank's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
Radisson - Gandhidham, IndiaFinance/AccountingMay 2018 - Now · 9 months
• Ensure that the guests have best possible experience by trouble-shooting and resolving all billing-related disputes. • Represents the finance department on the daily department heads meeting with the general manager. • Manage all phases of Accounts Payable, Receivable and department budget. • Calculate and distribute wages and salaries. • Prepare regular reports and summaries of accounting activities. • Prepare financial statements and debtors' listings. • Verify recorded transactions and report irregularities to management. • Providing direction to the night audit team so as to ensure proper revenue reporting. • Reviewing all ledger details guest ledger, city ledger and deposit ledgers to validate proper payment and revenue posting. • If any imbalance or difference found on the ledger then co-ordinate with the PMS team to resolving the same. • Review the postings, payments, revenue and guest balance reports on a daily basis. • Ensure correct taxation are applied on all billing software like Property Management systems (PMS), Point of Sale (POS) and SPA software's. • Ensure that all statutory details (PAN, TAX NO, Company Registration no. Etc.) are displayed on the guest invoices and bills. • Bills A/R accounts daily and send the same to guest along with the supporting bills and statements. • Follows up on any accounts within 3 days to ensure customer has received the invoice and does not have any questions. • Review the Accounts Receivable (A/R) Ageing reports on a daily basis. • Follow up 30 days after the initial billing if payment has not been received. • Check customers credit ratings and Flag accounts as 'Black listed' for long outstanding or defaulter accounts. • Enters invoices into accounts payable system weekly after verifying a purchase order was received from ordering department head and obtaining General Manager's approval. • Forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
Asst. Manager Finance
AL Naba supplies & Catering Services - Muscat, OmanFinance/AccountingApril 2015 - April 2018 · 3 years and 1 month
• Monthly Profit and Loss preparation, Analysis and finalization • Monthly Job Costing for the Business • Depreciation Calculation of Tangible and Non-Tangible Assets along with Accounting • Monthly Inventory Consumption and costing analysis • Monthly Provisioning of different expenses • Inter-Branch Reconciliation. • Implementation of Customized ERP for improvement of reporting and Accounting process smooth. • Assist in the preparation and analysis of monthly financial reporting and operational review and bi-weekly forecast reports • Cash Flow Preparation on Monthly basis. • Costing for Food menu and finalization of Bid P & L. • Fortnightly Financial and Operational Review with all stakeholders. • Analyze business performance metrics, and provide findings to management • Variance Analysis of Budget Vs Actual and formation of Contingencies against loss • Preparation and Implementation of new KFC whenever required • Assist in the development of the annual operating budget and preparation of reporting packages to management • Risk Assessment, Financial Planning and Strategy, Managing Profitability. • Strategic Planning, Financial Relationship, Financial Skills and Dealing with Complexity. • Company's Performance- Dashboards, statements, ratios for intercompany. • Authorization of Closing of monthly books of accounts and ERP. • Other work assigned by reporting head. • Closely monitor sales and margin performance vs plan and forecast. • Preparation of various reports for management reporting with in depth. • Analysis of expense line items and headcount along with commentary for major variances from Budget and previous year numbers. • Provides information to management and key stake holders by assembling and summarizing data, making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations to realize the business strategic goals • Analyze expense trend and do deep dive analysis at global level to be shared with leadership teams on monthly basis • Analysis of profitability from existing portfolio or new deals in pipeline • Recommendation based on analysis to enhance profitability of the company. • Monthly profitability report • Preparation of Weekly Business report, Weekly Operation Report, Weekly Corp Issue report and handle weekly review with all branches
Asst. Manager Finance Operation
Compass Group PLC - Gurugram, IndiaFinance/AccountingJanuary 2013 - April 2015 · 2 years and 4 months
• Handling Operational & Financial Reporting of PAN India branches. • Preparation of Weekly Business report, Weekly Operation Report, Weekly Corp Issue report and handle weekly review with all branches. • Conducting and reviewing Monthly FMIS (Financial) and MROR of Pan India Branches along with Finance Head, Operation Head and Country Head. • Invoicing for all stakeholders for their respective Clients. • Follow ups with PAN India Stakeholders for Monthly fund collection and other outstanding from client. • Preparing ageing and outstanding report for PAN India Clients. • Responsible for all Travel and Logistic arrangement of my Reporting Head. • All Expense Management related to any Travel of Reporting Head • Responsible for arrangement of Quarterly/Half yearly/Annual Operational Review of all Regions/Branch along with all logistics and Hotels, Conference and celebrations. • Handling different level of reporting and review with Collogues and branches over Operation and Financial Target and collection etc. • Responsible for Preparing Proposal for New Business/Addtl. Business/Contract revision with any Client on behalf of Operational Head. • Coordinate with accounting staffs, interact with and senior management to prepare data for quarterly earnings. • Supervise budget development process and prepare detail business plans. • Coordinate with business units and managers and make recommendations to enhance financial support to all plans. • Develop business planning process, prepare reports and analyze all chief metrics for all financial plans. • Collaborate with different operations teams to achieve all business objectives and prepare appropriate business proposals and operating practices. • Perform ad hoc analysis and coordinate with teams and implement all financial systems. • Prepare yearly budgeting and monthly forecasts and coordinate with senior management and monitor reconciliation of buying requisitions. • Develop financial plans perform comparative analyses and prepare annual budget. • Coordinate with management and analyze all interim projects. • Prepare reports on income and expense of company, coordinate with various departments and compile all financial data and prepare final financial reports. • Maintain records receivable for grants, prepare business and financial analysis and perform required research. • Develop consolidated forecasts; coordinate with various sales and operation team to develop financial forecasts. • Manage use, implementation and development of online analytical reporting tools and design efficient reports and database. • Design various drivers based plans and provide analytical support to leaders. • Evaluate all financial results and associated reporting, conduct financial and commercial studies to develop analyses. • Coordinate with financial departments and manage forecast process and formal budget process. • Administer and ensure increase in profitability of accounts by analyzing support and maintaining active list of account changes. • Preparation of Balance sheet, Profit & Loss Statement, Notes of Accounts, Trail Balance and Cash Flow. • Calculation and filling of returns (TDS & Service Tax) • Closing of GL & Books of Account. • Review and Interaction with Operation Managers & Regional Heads for Revenue Collection and Outstanding Collection. • Other Works as assigned by Reporting Head or Management. • Preparation of Weekly Business report, Weekly Operation Report, Weekly Corp Issue report and handle weekly review with all branches. • Conducting and reviewing Monthly FMIS (Financial) and MROR of Pan India Branches along with Finance Head, Operation Head and Country Head. • Follow ups with PAN India Stakeholders for Monthly fund collection and other outstanding from client. • Preparing ageing and outstanding report for PAN India Clients. • Responsible for all Travel and Logistic arrangement of my Reporting Head. • All Expense Management related to any Travel of Reporting Head • Responsible for arrangement of Quarterly/Half yearly/Annual Operational Review of all Regions/Branch along with all logistics and Hotels, Conference and celebrations. • Responsible for Preparing Proposal for New Business/Addtl. Business/Contract revision with any Client on behalf of Operational Head. • Review and Interaction with Operation Managers & Regional Heads for Revenue Collection and Outstanding Collection.
Sr. Executive Accounts, Tax and Import
Century Plyboards India - Gandhidham, IndiaFinance/AccountingApril 2007 - December 2012 · 5 years and 9 months
• Accounts Receivable, Sales Tax & Import Purchase • Payment Receipt & entered as per payment advice and Acknowledgement & Payment due sent to party. • Preparation of Stock report according to ageing analysis as required by Management and Bank. • Reconciliation of Sundry Debtors Accounts & Issue of Balance Confirmation letter & Bill wise detail. • Preparation of Outstanding statement of Sundry Debtors every 15th day of month by ageing Analysis. • Preparation of balance sheets, profit & loss statements for company every month for calculation of profitability. • Handle interaction with various external service providers like auditors, tax consultants, bank relationship managers etc. • Handle taxation and related statutory compliance work such as Sales Tax, Income Tax, TDS, etc. • Responsible for interaction with all government statutory authorities. • Handling LC related work for Import Consignment. • Preparation of Bank Recon. On monthly basis. • Preparation of Bank Position as on date to arrange fund for Use ( Fund Management) • Monitoring Issue and Receive of ‘C’, ‘F’ &‘H’ Forms. • Timely Preparation of Returns for Sales Tax & TDS/TCS and its online submission along with online tax payments via different govt. portals. • Preparation of Invoice. • Interaction with foreign clients for raw material Purchase. • Custom related formalities and CHA matters handling regarding Import consignment. • Preparation of Stock report according to ageing analysis as required by Management and Bank. • Preparation of Financials i.e. Profit & Loss statements for company every month for calculation of profitability. • Handle taxation and related statutory compliance work such as Income Tax, TDS, etc. • Accounts Receivable and Payable Controlling • Handle and giving support to GM/CFO Finance in monthly Expense MIS. • Giving Support to GM/CFO in Budget and Forecast reports preparation. • Preparation of Bank Recon. On monthly basis. • Preparation of Different type of Dashboards. • Claim/ Management Accounting, • Inter Branch Reconciliation, Sales Tax Reconciliation, TDS Reconciliation, Creditors & Debtors Reconciliation. • Assisting Manager Accounts in Preparation of Documents for Funding and other works. • Preparation of Balance Sheet and P & L
Institute of chartered Accountants of India - New Delhi, IndiaDecember 2012 - February 2018
MBA in Finance
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) - School of Tourism and HospitalityAugust 2007 - May 2009
MBA in FInance
Bachelor in Commerce
Bhartiya Siksha Parishad - Allahabad, IndiaJune 2002 - May 2005
HindiNative or fluent100%
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Budget, Forecast
- Finance management
- Financial Skills
- Hotel Finance
- MS Office suite
- Oracle ERP
- SAP ERP
- Tally ERP9