Join Hosco and view Shinae's full profile, it's free !
As a Hosco member, you will:
- Make yourself visible to thousands of companies in the hospitality industry'
- Join a community of 180'000+ students and professionals
- Learn more with new articles & videos every week on hosco.plus
I am a self-motivated and detail-oriented Customer service professional with 5 years experience in offering exceptional service to customers in a fast-paced work environment. Successful in solving customer grievances with solid communication and interpersonal skills. Cash handling experience and proven ability to meet deadlines with excellent problem-solving skills.
Meliá Hotels International - Rio Bueno, JamaicaFront Office receptionOctober 2016 - July 2018 · 1 year and 10 months
* Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. * Complete the procedures when guests arrive and leave. * Allocate rooms and give the keys to guests Provide an outstanding guest experience. *Operate computer programs and multi-line phone systems. * Maintain guest records and book reservations Complete basic cashier and bookkeeping responsibilities. * Contact necessary staff to solve problems when challenges arise, ensuring guest comfort * Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions. * Maintains security by following procedures. * Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation. * Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. *Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs. * Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Meliá Hotels International - Rio Bueno, JamaicaF&B serviceDecember 2015 - October 2016 · 11 months
* Assign service staff to stations prior to start of service. * Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned dining area; present menus; announce waiter's name. * Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff. * Manage the flow of Guests into the Dining area and provide accurate wait times to incoming Guests if appropriate. * Tend to special Guest needs and requests. * Observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service (i.e. notice a drink refill is needed while seating another Guest and ensuring the drink is refilled prior to getting back to the door). * Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies. * Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages. * Issue dining charges by verifying orders. * Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Diamonds International - Falmouth, JamaicaCustomer ServiceMarch 2015 - September 2015 · 8 months
* Display the jewelries and other products. * Entice customers to buy jewelries by connecting to them emotionally. *Inform customers on services and products offered by the company. * For customer satisfaction, they are advised on what jewelry will look best on him/her within his/her budget. I would also give information about the different cuts of jewelries, their quality and their specifications. * There are other duties as to the title of a salesperson. The duties of a jewelry salesperson are not limited to the the tasks above.
Gift Shop Representative
Pier one - Montego Bay, JamaicaSales & MarketingJune 2014 - December 2014 · 7 months
* Welcome and advise customers. * Ensure goods are well displayed. * Collect payments. * Arrange ordering and delivery. *Receive deliveries from suppliers. *Keep the shop floor clean and tidy.
Pier one - Montego Bay, JamaicaF&B serviceSeptember 2013 - January 2014 · 5 months
* Greet and acknowledge guests and seat patrons by escorting them to assigned table, or communicate delays and offer additional services such as beverages to keep them occupied while waiting. * Present menus, create personal dining experience, answer questions, and offer information on menu items, beverages, and specials. *Accept and organize reservations, and prioritize reservations to accommodate customers. * Prepare seating assignments prior to service and present plan to restaurant during pre-shift meeting. * Walk through dining room during service to ensure guest satisfaction and advise servers and bussing staff of specific service needs. Addressed guest requests or complaints, and escalated major complaints to manager.
Marketing & Promotions Administrator
Pier one - Montego Bay, JamaicaFinance/AccountingSeptember 2013 - January 2014 · 5 months
* Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. * Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories. Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends. * Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyze operating and financial statements for profitability ratios. * Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures. * Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements. * Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records. * Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed * Document financial transactions by entering account information in QuickBooks. * Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports. *Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents. * Secure financial information by completing data base backups. * Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and handle disbursements. * Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential. *Accomplishe the result by performing the duty.
High School Diploma
Mount Alvernia High School - Montego Bay, JamaicaSeptember 2000 - June 2005
EnglishNative or fluent100%
- Customer service skill
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- F&B Hostess
- Food & Beverge
- Front Desk-Reception
- Hospitality Industry
- Opera PMS
- Sales Skills
- Time management skills
- Travel arrangements